EAST saves West's BUTT today!

Scroll back and read....I have proven my case 1000 times over. You have failed to show one single shred of proof that there was a violation.

Don't let the facts get in YOUR way.

I am just curious, 700UW. Would you have wanted this flight cancelled and the passengers left stranded or delayed in reaching their destination? Just answer this question, please.

Customers happy is good. If there is a scope problem then solve it later, but for now the customer should be our concern. :)

Since all airline contracts are Fly Now - Grieve Later per the RLA, no one was going to be stranded. If the Amazing Kreskin called US OCC and told them that a flight or flights were going to be cancelled and that they should send more aircraft to Phoenix, then okay, hooray for clairvoyance. But if this was cooked up between HP and US ahead of time and done just to see if they could get away with it without getting a quick LOA done, then it is a cause for concern. If nothing else, it shows a disturbing lack of forethought on the management's part.

Part of building crucial employee support for the merger is proof that you do indeed have a well thought out plan and that it deserves support.

Since you don't know me why don't you take your opinions and stuff them.

You are not an airline worker, you are not a us airways employee, you are not a union member, you have not see 20,000 of your coworkers laid-off since 2001, you have not taken four paycuts, you have not lost your pension, you have not lost your insurance like the retirees have done, you have not had executives paid millions for failure.

When you experience all this, then come back and tell me how I feel.

The CBA is a legal and binding contract under federal law, the company has agreed to it even after they pillaged it in bankruptcy court, yet they still willing violate every CBA on the property, just shows the lack of respect and gratitude towards the employees who have given BILLIONS in concessions to keep this company in business.

You have no clue nor idea of what goes on, you are nothing more then an arm chair passenger who thinks he knows it all and that everyone should worship your posts.

I for one have no respect for someone who feels a company can do whatever they want to the employees and disregard CBAs they have agreed too.

Go break into someone's office and steal from them again, that tells all about your lack of character.

I elect YOU to go out to the gate and explain to 130 holiday travelers the fine points of the IAM contract and why they have to wait several hours/days to visit their loved ones. That I'd pay money to see. BIG MONEY!

And you guys wring your hands in the back room of the union halls wondering why 88% of the workforce has rejected union membership.

Do you get that the reason you have jobs is because someone buys a ticket?

Do you honestly think that ONE paying customer a few days before Christmas actually gives a fat rats rear end about the CBA?

Or do you think they want to get where they're going in a somewhat timely fashion regardless of the fine points of the US/IAM CBA?

You and by extension the IAM's attitude and approach to these things is one reason why Jerry Glass pummeled you. He had the advantage and he beat you like a red headed stepchild and attitudes like the one you display is one reason why.
Piney...as always you hit the nail on the head...people need to wake up and smell the coffee...it's not personal it's business...

Unfreakingbelievable! :down: :down: :down:

A point to ponder when you wonder why SWA workers make more money than you do!

Whe read in numerous threads here about "Your Job", "My Job", "Scope Violations" etc etc etc ad nauseum!

SWA OTOH seems to view things as "Our Job". Our Job as in the only focus when that plane pulls up to the gate is the change its status from On the Ground to In The air! NOTHING else matters! The companies slave like devotion to accomplishing a task enables them to increase aircraft utilization be an hour or 2 per aircraft per day.

This one element in the overall business process has in the opinion of many is the primary reason for their cost advantage. In short they work smart not hard!

Compare and contrast that simple approach to the arcane collection of work rules, contracts, and contract carriers! It's a wonder anyone gets on a plane, much less have it leave the gate.

When a company and it's workers take their eyes off the prize then the company falters. Case in point US Airways. The entire focus of 10 pages now is whether "Scope" was violated on ONE STINKING FLIGHT! Last year we heard how all the rampers wanted to be home with their families and they all got "Mandatoried" instead. Well had someone not done a little creative thinking 130+ customers would have gotten "Mandatoried" and missed their Christmas with their families.

The difference being that the customer PAID your company to transport them someplace on a given day! Thanks to someone someplace with an actual functioning brain they worked out a way to get these folks where they needed to go. There is an old slogan floating around goes something like this. "If we don't take care of the customer, somebody else will"

Want to talk to a few thousand US Airways Customers?? Go to the SWA gates in PHL you'll find a whole bunch of them. Now tell me about your scope clause and how it benefits the customer.

Without guys like me there is no need for guys like you! US Airways is in no position financially to piss off even one customer much less a whole plane load.
and again TRUE Piney thanks for all your support...

You are not an airline worker, you are not a us airways employee, you are not a union member, you have not see 20,000 of your coworkers laid-off since 2001, you have not taken four paycuts, you have not lost your pension, you have not lost your insurance like the retirees have done, you have not had executives paid millions for failure.

When you experience all this, then come back and tell me how I feel.

700UW, Where was your union while all this was happening? I thought the union was there to protect you? My question is how could you stand so strong and tall by the side of the union when they have ALLOWED 20,000 coworkers to be laid-off, they ALLOWED you to take 4 paycuts and all the rest.. yet still managed to take their union dues from you... Where was your union?

You are right - the contract is legal and binding by law but that is not the argument, the argument is whether it makes sense...

It is never the right call when they violate a legal and binding contract that they have agreed too.
You know 700 I can respect your point of view but I do not think they are sitting around plotting and scheming about breaking contracts. They were trying to keep it going and not have a repeat of last year. I think that is the bottom line, yes along the way they "may have" violated a contract but we "all" have to believe that they had everyone's (employees and passengers) best interest in mind and that this was overlooked. If this is the case and the contract was violated then let's hope that they at least pay the crew. I firmly believe in our union and hopefully there will be some middle ground.

Guess you never heard of The Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, VA and Judge Stephen Mitchell.

The laws are made to protect the creditors and the company, not the employees who sacrificed billions to keep this company in business.

Has your head been buried in the sand?

The company pays the grievance and ceases the violation, bottom line.

Guess you never heard of The Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, VA and Judge Stephen Mitchell.

The laws are made to protect the creditors and the company, not the employees who sacrificed billions to keep this company in business.

Has your head been buried in the sand?
No, it has been looking forward and giving EVERYTHING (just like every other EAST and WEST employee) to see this company make it and secure a future for me and my family. I am one of those who had to give almost everything, right down to my house, but I refuse to keep looking back and holding a grudge. It will take all of US to get it going and keep it going, I refuse to remain bitter and keep fighting everything they do, when certain people realize that our BIGGEST downfall lies in nothing but bitterness and the inability to think outside the box then maybe we can start running a productive airline.

Happy Holidays everybody!!!

Good post USStew23! I agree. The flight attendants got paid, the Flight Crew got paid, the customers got to their destinations.

Sorry, I just don't see the violation. I am a staunch union supporter. Explain to me how and where scope was violated.

Isn't our main purpose is to serve the customers? Without customers we don't have a job. Customers are our only reason to be here?

I just don't get it.

700, please explain it to me in terms I can understand.

Dea

700 show us the violation. all i read is you saying the company did this the company did that but you never produce the proof. produce the proof 700.i want to see in black and white from the contract where the violation was. until then you have no ground to stand on. and before you say i am anti union because i do not agree with you i am niether pro nor anti union. but with your attitude it wont take long for me to change that stance.

Back