EAST saves West's BUTT today!

The proof is with the AFA in PHX, when they win the grievance that is all I need.

Why don't you all prove it was not a violation?

No, it has been looking forward and giving EVERYTHING (just like every other EAST and WEST employee) to see this company make it and secure a future for me and my family. I am one of those who had to give almost everything, right down to my house, but I refuse to keep looking back and holding a grudge. It will take all of US to get it going and keep it going, I refuse to remain bitter and keep fighting everything they do, when certain people realize that our BIGGEST downfall lies in nothing but bitterness and the inability to think outside the box then maybe we can start running a productive airline.

Happy Holidays everybody!!!
I'm with you all the way. The problem is a lot of people don't seem to be able to let go of the past and look to the future. Anyone and everyone that has been an aviation professional for any amount of time, knows that this is a turbulent :D industry. We learn to ride it out and if not, depart and find something else. This is the perfect time to do so. Start the new year fresh.....attitudes and all. We can all pull together and show the company, the customers, the unions, our fellow employees and everyone else that watches and listens, that we are professionals and positive, forward looking individuals which will form a positive and forward looking company.

That is my wish for the New Year.

Happy Holidays and God Bless

The proof is with the AFA in PHX, when they win the grievance that is all I need.

I thought that the law of our land was that you were INNOCENT until proven GUILTY. You, 700UW, profess GUILT first and foremost. So sad that you think that way.

Amen, the company did the right thing, passengers made their flights, and everyone was happy.

Except for the pencil pushing union folks that would #### about the type of rope used to hang them.

The company can make money if everyone works together for the company, instead of for the union and against the company.

:lol: You are killing me! :lol: Someone else has to prove that there was NOT a violation. What is that all about?

Would now be a good time for you to admitt that you have no clue if there was an actual violation? Save some face and just admitt you are wrong.

Don't let the facts get in YOUR Way.....isn't that your favorite saying?

Show me the facts that is not a violation of US/West AFA CBA?

Come on Mark, I only asked you several times....

this is a stupid discussion!! it needs to be shut!! bottom line is that our customers got taken care of ,period!!

Ok etops1, the next is they are going to replace you with Mesa FAs on your mainline flight, what are you gonna say then?

Scroll back....

East Airplane, East Crew, East Flight Number, East Dispatcher, East CLP, East Agents. It was a flight operated by the east side of the company, with east side employees. Operated as an Extra Section Flight that the company has a legal right to operate on any route that it sees a need.

No different then what we do for our express carriers and have done for a Star/Codeshare partner. No different then what we have done in the event of a job action or other events at other carriers hub/focus city stations to enhance/protect revenue.

Now....put up or shut up.....where is the violation?

Oh yeah, forgot....Don't let the facts get in your way.

If this WAS a violation of the West Scope/contract, then why did the EAST AFA -- the same darn union -- LET themselves fly this flight? Don't tell me they're under a different contract -- I thought they were all "union brethen!?" What a joke.

Again, we need to think and act as 1 company -- the east and west are not in competition with each other! Only together can we make and keep the customer happy and cream the real competition -- LUV, JBLU, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, oh, there was no violation, by the way...

B. SCOPE

This Agreement covers all revenue and all known and recurring miscellaneous flying performed by the Company with Flight Attendants on its payroll. All flying covered by this Agreement shall be performed by Flight Attendants whose names appear on the America West Airlines, Inc. Flight Attendant System Seniority List.

This is the scope clause from the AWA AFA contract.. Which part of this paragraph is the company not following??

There is actually an interesting paragraph that follows this one entitled subcontracting. This paragraph say another air carrier can be used to take AWA passengers as long as they use their equipment and employees. Maybe the company is using this paragraph?

Since you don't know me why don't you take your opinions and stuff them.

You are not an airline worker, you are not a us airways employee, you are not a union member, you have not see 20,000 of your coworkers laid-off since 2001, you have not taken four paycuts, you have not lost your pension, you have not lost your insurance like the retirees have done, you have not had executives paid millions for failure.

When you experience all this, then come back and tell me how I feel.

The CBA is a legal and binding contract under federal law, the company has agreed to it even after they pillaged it in bankruptcy court, yet they still willing violate every CBA on the property, just shows the lack of respect and gratitude towards the employees who have given BILLIONS in concessions to keep this company in business.

You have no clue nor idea of what goes on, you are nothing more then an arm chair passenger who thinks he knows it all and that everyone should worship your posts.

I for one have no respect for someone who feels a company can do whatever they want to the employees and disregard CBAs they have agreed too.

Go break into someone's office and steal from them again, that tells all about your lack of character.
yes to all and Iam on lay off now. so when you are in my shoes you can talk

Greetings,

AFA Filed two grievance today over drastic and unannounced changes to our Collective Bargaining Agreement and past practice.

This morning AFA was informed by line flight attendants that their flight was being operated by US Airways East Crew and plane. No prior notification was given to AFA by the Company. Late this afternoon AFA filed Grievance 24-66-2-63-05 Scope and Recognition under the expedited language of our contract.

The Company it seems has decided that if an AWA flight is on a mechanical that it is now acceptable for them to take a published AWA Flight and AWA Flight Attendant pairing and place a US Airways East plane and crew on it.

Our Scope and Recognition provision in Section 1 of our current agreement clearly provides that..."all flying covered by this agreement shall be performed by flight attendants whose names appear on the America West Airlines,Inc Flight Attendant System Seniority List."

In an expedited hearing the Company must strike for an arbitrator and have the dispute heard within 30 days following the System Board filling (subject to the availability of the arbitrator). The case shall be decided no later than 30 days following the submission to the Board.

Gary Richardson
MEC President

Latest posts