EAST saves West's BUTT today!

The proof is with the AFA in PHX, when they win the grievance that is all I need.

Why don't you all prove it was not a violation?
you sound and act like a 7year old. sorry they have more smarts. the AFA have no grounds. this is not a violation due to the way it was done. it was done in the east and west before the merger and no one bit**ed. The union will loose. if it was a true violation ALPA would have been all over it.

This morning AFA was informed by line flight attendants that their flight was being operated by US Airways East Crew and plane.

It was not an East Plane and an East Crew operating as a West Flight. HP flight XXX canceled. US flight 90XX operated. US East flight number, US East Plane, US East Crew. US East can operate an extra section in any city pairs deemed necessary, regardless of the reason.

If there was a violation of the contract, I am sure one of the many East Unions would have refused to work the flight. Either the AFA, ALPA, TWU, IAM or the CWA would have refused to infringe upon their union brothers/sisters on the West.

They cant refuse to fly a flight unless the plane is unsafe, you fly now and grieve later.

See if you were a union employee you would know that.

And to decieve it has NEVER been done before the merger.

as per the grievance they do not have the full story. they dont hav all the fact. the AFA jumped before they had all the facts. they will loose

700 -

You will never admitt that you are wrong.....you keep following what any union tells you as the truth and don't take the time to think things out rationally. The Union is always right mantra is only making you look foolish.

700...I would love to know what your level of experience is with aviation and with this company. It seems pretty clear to me that if AWA flew HP001 PHX-LAX with a US East crew and US East a/c, that could possibly fit into the violation. However, if the flight was cancelled and US East had an a/c on the ground that could be used for an extra section....I think thats great. I have yet to see where PHX FA's lose in this deal....you can't try to stretch this into...."in the future".

Did you forget that this is one company now...with different sources of revenue via the certificates and one big source of revenue....THE PASSENGER!!

AFA PHX has once again..jumped too soon, over reacted, got it's members all worked up without explaining their position in detail to their members and providing specific information regarding the situation. Even if they win this one...the way the leadership deals with it's members is and it's combative tactics is a disgrace and HP FA's should not be like sheep following the leader until they seek solid, accurate, and truth declaring information.

And you, "700" ,aren't much help clearing up this issue.

Here.....let me type it slowly so you can read and comprehend it

East Airplane
East Crew
East Flight Number
East Dispatcher
East CLP
East Agents

It was a flight operated by the east side of the company, with east side employees. Operated as an Extra Section Flight that the company has a legal right to operate on any route that it sees a need.

East Airplane
East Crew
East Flight Number
East Dispatcher
East CLP
East Agents

It was a flight operated by the east side of the company, with east side employees. Operated as an Extra Section Flight that the company has a legal right to operate on any route that it sees a need.

I think you need to use a "Logical thinker to Union goon" translation book! :up:

East Airplane
East Crew
East Flight Number
East Dispatcher
East CLP
East Agents

let me just add
pax rebooked under us flt #
crews in west and east payed
and as per AFA CBA it was not a violation
B. SCOPE

This Agreement covers all revenue and all known and recurring miscellaneous flying performed by the Company with Flight Attendants on its payroll. All flying covered by this Agreement shall be performed by Flight Attendants whose names appear on the America West Airlines, Inc. Flight Attendant System Seniority List.

This is the scope clause from the AWA AFA contract.. Which part of this paragraph is the company not following??

There is actually an interesting paragraph that follows this one entitled subcontracting. This paragraph say another air carrier can be used to take AWA passengers as long as they use their equipment and employees.

You still have not shown me how it is not a violation of the HP/AFA CBA.
now we have. now go loose another union argument. get the facts first

16 pages on this thread. a majority on here understands what happend and that there is no violation. 700 you are a relic of the past. your way of thinking no longer applies in the real world. its time to move on and either help this company become a great airline that it can be or leave.

16 pages on this thread. a majority on here understands what happend and that there is no violation. 700 you are a relic of the past. your way of thinking no longer applies in the real world. its time to move on and either help this company become a great airline that it can be or leave.

I would just like to know what AFA is using for their argument?? Anyone??

So ironic...this thread is named....

EAST SAVES WEST BUTT TODAY!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU

From the joy of the person that was willing to say "wow, thanks for helping out", this thread, and the PHX union have completely turned a great situation into a ridiculous controversy over greed, poor relations with management and really frustrated the heck out of a lot of employees that care about the customer, care about a solid reputation, care about a generating revenue for long term viability.

In this holiday season, we must be thankful that we have paychecks, the ability to travel when we desire and the opportunity to help people, young, old, sick, healthy, naughty and nice, travel to see their loved ones or be with those in need of other people in this time of the year. 2006 is around the corner and the merger will progress, like it or not, our only choice is the do what's right and take care of the customer, take part in our future and most of all......be thankful!

Merry Christmas.