ETB trip improvement

fredy777

Jan 3, 2007
just came back from a transatlantic trip, "not by choice" I am reserve and i am listening to this b/h, f/a's ohhh i couldnt hold bcn blk, the other responded do what i do pick up anything on ETB and you can trip improve you are senior enough just go in to the` AIL, i thought that was not posible,, trip improve out of etb""""",,,,,, but then again i am just a reserve, anybody nows any real legalities about this???? no wonder us reserves always get triple BNA, BUF IN A EMB 190...THX

BH and SEC Line holders CAN use the AIL to trip improve on a trip awarded off the ETB, but it will convert the ETB time (pay NO credit) to Company time (pay credit).

Thus, if they don’t drop something later in the month to keep the time in line with the block time they were awarded/created post SAP/Secondary line augmentation, they are overflying and violating the contract, and work and conduct rules #1 & #33 and should be disciplined.

Line Award 78:00
SAP Add 12:00
Augmented line value 90:00

ETB trip award #28026 22MAY worth 05:10 (pay no credit)
AIL award on the 22nd of BCN worth 17:10 (pay credit)
Flight attendant OVER FLY 12 hours

As a reserve, I have been against this for a long time. I, as a reserve, cannot make myself available for a trip open at my seniority, so why can a BH? It is another way the system works for BH's. That is why the worse trips are open to the reserve book. If BH's were forced to fly the ETB they pick up, then we as reserves might get some better trips. Less BH's would pick up ETB trips, due to the fact that they would have to fly what they pick up. We might actually start getting our time in, because more BH's might drop on the day of trip. I just get told, "when you are a blockholder, you will get the same privilege." I once had to call off personal for a TA trip because a hurricane was headed toward my house and I didn't want to leave the country. If I had been a BH, I could have trip improved and saved a personal day.

Let me tell ya I got a line for May after YEARS of being a reserve. The luxuries you are afforded as a b/h is INSANE and thats just as a secondary lineholder. No wonder we see no improvements to reserve. I'm sorry....joint negotiations or not we will NEVER, EVER see drastic improvements to the reserve section of the contract. There will always be that element of ball and chain. No b/h (which out number reserves) by a large margin will never let these flexibilities go without a fight. Never fear I'm reserve again for June. This place is a joke and will remain so for a lot longer than some may think. And THERE folks is my little ray of sunshine for ya today. :lol: :rolleyes:

What would the discipline be?

You may get a computer generated "love note" from your supervisor telling you of your crime with an invitation to make an appointment to come in and discuss your sin. IF your supervisor actually keeps track of these notes then you can end up on a level of the dreaded "dependability list."

Let me tell ya I got a line for May after YEARS of being a reserve. The luxuries you are afforded as a b/h is INSANE and thats just as a secondary lineholder.
Yup, it's crazy. Just wait until you hold a primary. After sorting though hundreds of lines and bidding TWO months in advance, you'll get to SAP your butt off, then trade with your friends, then use a filler day, then ETB, then AIL, then trade with your friends...

It's really sick how many bites at the apple some people think there are entitled too. How many times are we going to roll around in the mud with our "seniority" in a bid month!? It's out of control and you know who all that's leveraged on? The backs on the 15 years and under people!

It's really sick how many bites at the apple some people think there are entitled too. How many times are we going to roll around in the mud with our "seniority" in a bid month!? It's out of control and you know who all that's leveraged on? The backs on the 15 years and under people!

The scheduling flexibility we enjoy today comes as a result and cost of years of service. Before reserves start trying to give up these benefits remember these are the benefits you will receive when you are a blockholder or secondary blockholder.
As for bites of the apple, you’re right. Along your line of thinking Reserves should never get an opportunity to pass for anything. You should take whatever scheduling gives you.
Be careful what you wish for. The knife cuts both ways.

Look Freddy, while I know I hate BH's people bitching, and I don't take part in that, I have been flying for over 18 years and I get ####, #### #### #### #### #### ####! Yes, at least I am a BH, but, I get 32 hours in SYR, 30 Hours in MCO, and 30 hours in RIC. I do this job and go wherever I go because it has given me the free time to do things I want to do; start a business, take vacations, visit family, use sick time etc.

Open your eyes, it is going to get very, very bad come the fall when flying is cut back. Either stay in or get out. Quick your bitching; it goes both ways.

Sorry to be so harsh, but at 18 years, I thought I would never be flying weekends and holidays, STILL!!!!!

The scheduling flexibility we enjoy today comes as a result and cost of years of service. Before reserves start trying to give up these benefits remember these are the benefits you will receive when you are a blockholder or secondary blockholder.
As for bites of the apple, you’re right. Along your line of thinking Reserves should never get an opportunity to pass for anything. You should take whatever scheduling gives you.
Be careful what you wish for. The knife cuts both ways.
Guess what CHIC? I agree! I am careful in wishing for anything around here. This Catcrew stalking society of the Reserve group is BS as well. What other airline has this sit on front of the computer and stalk mentality? I think it should be scientific with a realistic call out (3-4 hours). Reserve is a 4-5 year deal not a lifetime of hell. First in and out; and everyone gets their time in. Model it after UAL! Do not lecture me on knife cutting. For the past 7 years it's cut me more times than I remember.

Guess what CHIC? I agree! I am careful in wishing for anything around here. This Catcrew stalking society of the Reserve group is BS as well. What other airline has this sit on front of the computer and stalk mentality? I think it should be scientific with a realistic call out (3-4 hours). Reserve is a 4-5 year deal not a lifetime of hell. First in and out; and everyone gets their time in. Model it after UAL! Do not lecture me on knife cutting. For the past 7 years it's cut me more times than I remember.

<_<
Indeed, Chic I am.