SAY, "NO" TO ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER

fredy777

Jan 3, 2007
Guys, do not pick up ETB trips for december, you allready notice that WE HAVE BEEN SCREWED UP IN NOV, SO PLEASE lets not be masoquists (for those critics of my grammar I hope I spell it right) anyway DO NOT PICK UP ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER, let all those spoiled a--b/s I meant block holders fly their trips, have a little dignity let them fly their trips at least we will fly something decent in dec......thanks yes its me the one long sentence boy...I am a reserve for gods sake....

Guys, do not pick up ETB trips for december, you allready notice that WE HAVE BEEN SCREWED UP IN NOV, SO PLEASE lets not be masoquists (for those critics of my grammar I hope I spell it right) anyway DO NOT PICK UP ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER, let all those spoiled a--b/s I meant block holders fly their trips, have a little dignity let them fly their trips at least we will fly something decent in dec......thanks yes its me the one long sentence boy...I am a reserve for gods sake....
i don't think you call is working. there are a load of f/a on rsv trying to pick up my trips for dec. face it , we need extra cash . plain and simple. you can't just expect a rsv f/a not pick up extra time. and about b/h being spoiled. i was the second to last person to hold a sec block for dec . i did not even bid. i got the crapiest block ever(not that iam compalining a block is a block ) i have a 4day that leaves on the 24th. non comutable with horrible layovers. my piont , i also am secheduled to work on christmas . will i be able to trip improve off of it? i hope so becuase i have 2 little boys at home i would like to spend christmas with . does that make me better than anyone else or a rsv who is sched to work on christmas too? of course not . everyone has their own issues but if i have to work on christmas then so be it ;) . i am sure i will be back on rsv for jan . i feel your pain . i am on rsv for nov and only have flown once. all i am saying is that telling rsv f/a's not to pick up etb trips for dec is not going to solve anything. remember that their are rsv who put their own trips back on the trade board . so should a b/h not pick up their trips either?

I appreciate the fact of what you are trying to do...
But...

The ETB was designed for blockholders to get rid of trips... not for reserves to pick them up... however I am happy that you
get the chance to pick trips up from the ETB because yes you do get screwed w/ the reserve system... however....

the original intent of the ETB board was for the company to save money w/ our scheduling system and get rid of the AIL...
which they have done somewhat....

However,.....

If you don't pick up trips off of the ETB you are only really hurting your own paycheck...

IMHO...

<_<

But...

The ETB was designed for blockholders to get rid of trips... not for reserves to pick them up... however I am happy that you
get the chance to pick trips up from the ETB because yes you do get screwed w/ the reserve system... however....

the original intent of the ETB board was for the company to save money w/ our scheduling system and get rid of the AIL...

However,.....

If you don't pick up trips off of the ETB you are only really hurting your own paycheck...

IMHO...

<_<
Of course. Is all about the blockholders. We will see how a lot of you change your tune when those old bags from PIT arrive and you are pushed back down to reserve and start feeling the pain that we have been feeling all along

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It's been a few days since I have posted here. It was a busy one for those working and probably for those at home too. Uggggggh. Anyway I will say this about the topic, "Actions speak louder than words". I realize that this would call for a month of tightening the purse strings to not p/u ETB but as a reserve we MUST draw a line in the sand. Enough is enough. We all have our causes and our reasons but collectively we will CONTINUE to be screwed be it this current contract or the next if we don't stand firm. Stop being an enabler with this system. Yes you may NEED to p/u ETB to make ends meet but the company COUNTS on you doing it. I'm not going to slam a b/h for trying to drop though as it's how it is. They are not breaking any contract stipulation. If it means you'll have to be less frivolous with your spending then so be it. If you find yourself saying, "Well I simply can't afford not to pick up", think about it in the long run. We all CAN'T afford TO pick the trips up. It's a vicious cycle.

Of course. Is all about the blockholders. We will see how a lot of you change your tune when those old bags from PIT arrive and you are pushed back down to reserve and start feeling the pain that we have been feeling all along
and of course this is all about you. Just to let you know I have a friend that is just as unhappy about being displaced out of PIT and having to come to PHL as you are about his coming there. He is going to make the best of it and perhaps you should too. Your negativity seems to be eating your soul.

I agree! JUST SAY NO to ETB!

Well some blockholders may not give a $H!T but if reserves DID actually protest and the majority didn't pick up ETB trips most WOULD find out just how much reserves are relied on. A blockholder has so much flexibility and reserves have NONE. The company has made no changes to the system for reserves because they haven't really had to. Well that and they are not obligated to. When you throw a monkey wrench into the operation (majority of rsv's not doing ETB) it just might make a ripple and draw some attention to a serious problem.

Well some blockholders may not give a $H!T but if reserves DID actually protest and the majority didn't pick up ETB trips most WOULD find out just how much reserves are relied on. A blockholder has so much flexibility and reserves have NONE. The company has made no changes to the system for reserves because they haven't really had to. Well that and they are not obligated to. When you throw a monkey wrench into the operation (majority of rsv's not doing ETB) it just might make a ripple and draw some attention to a serious problem.
I have to ask, why would it be so awful for the company if reserves did not pick up ETB? The blockholders would simply fly their trips, and the company would be none the wiser. They couldn't care less. I am not sure if reserves not picking up any ETB would change anything. Just my opinion.

And, I think the company has made no changes to the reserve system because they have no desire to make improvements outside of a new combined labor contract. While the AFA has proposed a number of relief items to the company to help out the reserves, they have not been interested in implementing most of them.

Just wondering: If a majority of RSV's did not do ETB, how would that affect the daily operations?

I have to ask, why would it be so awful for the company if reserves did not pick up ETB? The blockholders would simply fly their trips, and the company would be none the wiser. They couldn't care less. I am not sure if reserves not picking up any ETB would change anything. Just my opinion.

And, I think the company has made no changes to the reserve system because they have no desire to make improvements outside of a new combined labor contract. While the AFA has proposed a number of relief items to the company to help out the reserves, they have not been interested in implementing most of them.

Just wondering: If a majority of RSV's did not do ETB, how would that affect the daily operations?
It wouldn't affect the operation at all. If no one picks up your trip, you're still responsible for it. The etb also works for trading trips with other fa's. Most of them line holders. I do understand the frustration of being on reserve. It really sucks now with the lto. I've been on reserve a few times since 911 and know both ways.

But...

<_<

Actually, the ETB was created due to the fact the f/a's lost the lower flying options. It was a way for BH's to drop time, originally down to 50 hrs, now at 40 hrs. It was above guarantee for rsv's because what rsv would pick-up an ETB trip if it was pay credit, only coming out of their min. guarantee, which 05% of the time is not obtainable. Another case in point, is the recent lowering of the time a rsv could pick-up a trip from 10+00 hours to 9+45. It was funny how the union and ms. Simone made it as though it was for the rsv's. In reality. it was so BH's could drop Island trips that checked-in at 0935 and 0955. Very thoughtful.

I was speaking to a scheduling supr. recently about how rsv's hate the lack of seniority in the rsv book. He suggested raising the number of hours between buckets, instead of 5 hrs between buckets, make it 10 or 15 hour buckets, even 20 is possible. That would give senior rsv's better trip choice, which everyone agrees they should have.

BH's would have to fly more time, which most don't. They would be begging for twop, due to the fact that would be one of the only way to drop time. There would be alot of kcking and screaming, and then the union would get involved.

This thread is funny. I have a primary block. For the month of December, I had a few reserves call me for direct trades. This was days before the ETB opened for bidding. It seems to me that the RSVs are hungry for these trips. And as for making BHs fly their lines, you know that with Sap, you can bid down to 60, and with ETB--40. So, BHs don't need RSVs to get rid of time. It seems to me that it's the RSVs that are watching the board 24/7 and hoping to pick up a trip that will work into their schedules and hopefully with added cash. The OP makes it sound as if the reserves have some kind of power to make BHs work like dogs in December. HaHaHa :lol:

I never said it would be awful for the company. I'm saying that if the majority of reserves didn't pick up ETB trips it would make life more difficult for blockholders in turn getting the union involved. The company would be pressed by the union to make changes for the b/h's. The company themselves don't really care who fills the position on the plane and I understand that. It's not as simple as "well the b/h will just have to fly their trip". All hell would break loose over time. I also LOVE how the new change to 9+45 is being touted as "helping the reserves". Do they think reserves just fell off the turnip truck? It was ONLY done for the b/h to drop island trips just as stated in the post above. Take a puff.....pass it around. I'll pass thanks. :rolleyes: Oh and as for the company not wanting to only negotiate single negotiations, they never would change anything for reserves BEFORE the merger. So that excuse holds absolutely NOOOOO weight whatsoever. ;)