SAY, "NO" TO ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER

"I should leave a message for my reserve friends to please stop calling me for my beautiful one-days that fit perfectly into their schedules. I need to get off my lazy butt and work more. (pause)....AHAHAHAHAHA"

Freddy,
dont bother even arguing with people who feel like the person above. These are people who would walk by a starving person and laugh in their face. People who feel they need to show others (reserves) what a beautiful schedule they have don't understand it is not about their beautiful schedule it is about being treated with fairness
by the union and the company. We should not be sitting then having to beg for scraps (etb) then back to sitting. this is about being to pay your bills with dignity - and after 10 years we deserve to be treated fairly. Look around all other "MAJOR" airlines have a rotating schedule or after a certain amount of years a block. NOT 10-15 years and still reserve. I have talked to MIKE FLORES he will not do anything that has the reserve system change because of the above people like to keep us down. these are the same people who have not ever or spent very little time on reserve. We are working towards MARCH NO ETB and putting our union money in escrow. that will be the only way the union will listen. remember if we stick together like MIKE"S Group we will get what we want..........

So basically you have your reserve B!TCHE$ on the speed dial to take your scraps to make ends meet so you can fly low? Hmmmm and there is NOTHING wrong with the system. Nice.
You make it sound so bad:(....

No one is twisting anyone's arm here. Reserves are jumping all over the ETB. I don't call anyone because I don't have to.

I could not care less who picked up my trips or why.

You make it sound so bad:(.... I could not care less who picked up my trips or why.

And there you have it folks. The views of MANY a blockholder. Not all but many. THIS is the problem. Nobody cares about the next person. Those that are married living in a cozy little house while you throw your trip on the board for the poor reserves living in crashpads with 10 people begging to make a little extra dough. It's pathetic. TAKE A STAND PEOPLE........TAKE A STAND! ! ! :rolleyes:

And there you have it folks. The views of MANY a blockholder. Not all but many. THIS is the problem. Nobody cares about the next person. Those that are married living in a cozy little house while you throw your trip on the board for the poor reserves living in crashpads with 10 people begging to make a little extra dough. It's pathetic. TAKE A STAND PEOPLE........TAKE A STAND! ! ! :rolleyes:
Wait a minute...Many, Many blockholders pick up ETB. Is there a problem with that too? What's pathetic is the reserves trying to place the whole problem on the B/Hs who are not doing anything wrong.

Slow comprehension SkyHigh... people working second jobs work on thier ON days, not thier off days. The point here is that people shouldn't have to work-anywhere- on their off days.

Don't worry folks, our work group is so old that many will leave or die soon anyway. The ignorant comments you see above are from just the type of people I mentioned- take them off an airplane, take the trash bag out of their hand, put them in any work environment other than fast food work and they would be in a fetal position in minutes. Let's start working now to have US Airways F/As of the future have common sense and self-esteem, rather than have a laughingstock contract to match the laughingstock airline.

We hold the power here anyway, unlike in bankrupcy where frightened seniors were the majority. Number one, they don't vote, that's been proven time and again, they don't even go to union meetings or fully understand their contract. Number two, our next contract is a merged one with a normal seniority range airline that has no interest in protecting the flexibility and laziness of Piedmont Patty and Senior Sally. Third, there are more mergers in the future where even the combined east and west US Airways will barely be a voice with those huge flight attendant groups- who, again, are not interested in putting half their work group on reserve, expecting them to work on off days, so a very select few can be babied. Sorry! It behooves the US East reserves to become familiar with the reserve systems of both west and other potential merger partners, and put together a unified demand of what we want, or no yes vote.

FlightAttend21 please PM me info.

Oh I'll give you that. You are doing NOTHING wrong at all. You are following policy in how you drop and trips are picked up. Blockholders picking up ETB is ENTIRELY different than reserves doing it. A blockholder is doing it to increase their time OVER their block where a reserve is doing it since they CAN'T reach guarantee and pretty much work company time for per diem. They need it to replace what was lost FOR NO REASON. I'm not faulting you for dropping but simply how you put it. Overall the union negotiated with the company to keep the job pretty cushy for the blockholder at the expense of the reserve. For anyone with a retort.....YES they did. I DO realize that you fly EVERY minute of your block and some view us as sitting but LET'S SWITCH. ;)

I'm not faulting you for dropping but simply how you put it. Overall the union negotiated with the company to keep the job pretty cushy for the blockholder at the expense of the reserve. For anyone with a retort.....YES they did. I DO realize that you fly EVERY minute of your block and some view us as sitting but LET'S SWITCH. ;)
Okay, if I offended some, then I apologize. It is definitely better to be a B/H than a reserve in most cases so, no, I would not choose to bid reserve ever. However, you have to admit that the tone of the thread started with strong negativity against blockholders. It takes two to trade ETB and the whole process is voluntary. To place blame for this system squarely on B/Hs is improper transference and yes, I found it really funny especially since I know (at least in DC) that Reserves love to pick up ETB, particularly one-days. The OP made it sound as if B/Hs are at the sole mercy of RSVs for reducing their flying obligation. This is not necessarily true because as you know, we can SAP to 60. It's only if we need to get to 40 do we need ETB and someone (RSV or BH) to pick up. I could get pretty close to that number by changing the way I bid vacation by overlapping vacation days over two months per bid. If reserves choose to boycott ETB, IMO, this will hurt the reserves more than the blockholders. As you guys have said, the blockholders have maximum flexibility and will find a way around it. Some reserves need the money, and apparently many blockholders don't. We need to be unified and stop this division so that we can collectively bargain for a better contract for ALL--you too, will be a blockholder one day.

Oh I'll give you that. You are doing NOTHING wrong at all. You are following policy in how you drop and trips are picked up. Blockholders picking up ETB is ENTIRELY different than reserves doing it. A blockholder is doing it to increase their time OVER their block where a reserve is doing it since they CAN'T reach guarantee and pretty much work company time for per diem. They need it to replace what was lost FOR NO REASON. I'm not faulting you for dropping but simply how you put it. Overall the union negotiated with the company to keep the job pretty cushy for the blockholder at the expense of the reserve. For anyone with a retort.....YES they did. I DO realize that you fly EVERY minute of your block and some view us as sitting but LET'S SWITCH. ;)

I have said this again and again this not about them vs us it is about being treated fairly. Quality of life (or having one) If you have been with a company 30 years for example should you have more vacation? of course!!No one here is denying that fact What we are asking for is that the UNION fight on our behalf for this crappy reserve system to be changed. If you are a f/a then you are a f/a regardless and need to be treated in that manner. The union has stated that the "COMPANY does not want to change the system" So basically the company is about losing money? the company wants us to sit and pay us not to fly, while b/h are paid 2x what we are paid to overfly? I find that hard to believe...

I have said this again and again this not about them vs us it is about being treated fairly. Quality of life (or having one) If you have been with a company 30 years for example should you have more vacation? of course!!No one here is denying that fact What we are asking for is that the UNION fight on our behalf for this crappy reserve system to be changed. If you are a f/a then you are a f/a regardless and need to be treated in that manner. The union has stated that the "COMPANY does not want to change the system" So basically the company is about losing money? the company wants us to sit and pay us not to fly, while b/h are paid 2x what we are paid to overfly? I find that hard to believe...
You think this company is losing money on this LTO reserve system? You're kidding, right? It costs them NOTHING to have you sit around here. Everyone is collecting their 73 hrs. This LTO system was one of the concessionary items in one of the 3 concessionary contracts that all of the FA's were more than happy to vote in. They have no reserve breaking guarantee anywhere in the system, unlike when we were able to fly 85/90/95/105 and call O/T. The company loves this! Losing money?? HUH?

AAAAAND, when a rsv picks up ETB, they love that too. Pay a RSV (lower rate of pay in most circumstances) instead of the B/H!

Again, the Union has tried many times to initiate short term "fixes" to the LTO system. Aside from the few stupid ones they have implemented, the Company has said NO.

There is absolutely no incentive for the company to change this reserve system whatsoever. None.

The ignorant comments you see above are from just the type of people I mentioned- take them off an airplane, take the trash bag out of their hand, put them in any work environment other than fast food work and they would be in a fetal position in minutes. Let's start working now to have US Airways F/As of the future have common sense and self-esteem, rather than have a laughingstock contract to match the laughingstock airline.

sky high states: Didnt YOU "chase" this job to MidTitantic? Arent YOU making alittle over 22 dollars an hour? ON CALL for 8 years now? And, didnt YOU come back to an airline that went bankrupt twice and gutted your contract?

.........the above comments reflect your LACK OF COMMON SENSE AND SELF ESTEEM.

only stating opinions

sky high states: Didnt YOU "chase" this job to MidTitantic? Arent YOU making alittle over 22 dollars an hour? ON CALL for 8 years now? And, didnt YOU come back to an airline that went bankrupt twice and gutted your contract?

.........the above comments reflect your LACK OF COMMON SENSE AND SELF ESTEEM.

only stating opinions
Right. Similar to the HP FA's that EMB loooooves to bash for working at a C scale outfit. It's our fault for voting MDA in, but it's not their fault for RUNNING to do the same job for less. Goes both ways.

EMB doesn't see it tho, so don't waste your time.

There is absolutely no incentive for the company to change this reserve system whatsoever. None.

sky high states: Great post. Itestwell. The current ELine substantiates your comments!

http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/nov20_07.htm

The Company is extremely reluctant to negotiate any changes to our contract outside of single agreement negotiations. The Company believes that making positive changes to our contract outside of single agreement negotiations weakens their bargaining position.

only stating opinions

sky high states: Great post. Itestwell. The current ELine substantiates your comments!

http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/nov20_07.htm

The Company is extremely reluctant to negotiate any changes to our contract outside of single agreement negotiations. The Company believes that making positive changes to our contract outside of single agreement negotiations weakens their bargaining position.

only stating opinions
Again, SKYHIGH, don't waste your time. You can post that, which is a FACT, hundreds of times on here, and a new thread will STILL pop up about how the union could care less about the reserves.

I have my beefs with the union, but on this particular reserve subject, their hands are tied. And it is *NOT* from a lack of trying.

The ignorant comments you see above are from just the type of people I mentioned- take them off an airplane, take the trash bag out of their hand, put them in any work environment other than fast food work and they would be in a fetal position in minutes.

If this makes you feel better, then go on and believe it even though it's delusional.

We hold the power here anyway, unlike in bankrupcy where frightened seniors were the majority. Number one, they don't vote, that's been proven time and again, they don't even go to union meetings or fully understand their contract.

I fully understand my contract, I vote, and I'm not frightened--again, this is wishful thinking.