SAY, "NO" TO ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER

Why are you people fighting with EMB? She is making a great point and is matching you point for point. The EMB division people were told one thing and delivered a jab in the face. EMB stands up for herself and the more you go round and round with her, the more foolish you will look.

I've got nothing to argue.

You alleged that I am responsible for the denigration of the F/A profession because I work here, and did before for a dollar less. You work at the same company. I have never worked for $16 and neither have you, so what do I have to do with it? I have the upper hand here in that I didn't vote for any of it.

You also continually referred to a former division of your airline as if it were it's own seperate airline itself. Not very informed. If you were so upset by a B-scale or C-scale that you voted in, several voluntary furloughs were available to you even at your juniority. You didn't want us to work there, but you continue to. As far as the Embraer 170s are concerned, you got your wish, mainline flight attendants no longer work them, hundreds of your co-workers are back on involuntary furlough, you're on reserve, and there are a plethora of contract express F/A positions available.

You've said over and over that I've chastized America West F/As for working there- if you can find that quote please share it. I have said that I don't understand why anyone would accept a new hire position with this airline (US Airways, west for now) under those conditions- the pay, single base, no hotel for training, and on the bottom of an airline about to merge with a very senior one, all this while decent airlines are hiring. If you're new, why join this circus, you would be temporary help until merger time. You accuse me of doing the same... I've never worked for the west side of the operation.

Your attempt to connect the MidAtlantic division recall to a new hire US Airways position is apples to oranges. The recall to MDA involved returning to the same company, two days of recurrent, of course paid by the company, with bases in three existing US bases, with your pay based on your existing longevity with the company, with the added bonus of being senior in that particular division. Comparing the two is silly.

my sky high, just how quickly people forget where they came from or where they could end up. Just like any politician or union rep. All i have to say, walk in Emb shoes or any other FA shoes. You started when the airline job was a career. Things have changed. What would you do if you were fuloughed for a year but then offered a postion flying brand new planes, no interviews and keeping your seniority. then finding out you were working for the same co.

KHARMA!

ITestBad,

Can you show us the post where EMB talks about people who work for America West, lowering the standards. I would love to read it. The Mid-Atlantic division was just what the name implies. A division of the mainline. Do you think those who where furloughed should have found work in another profession all together, or should they have take a job doing what they love? When all the furloughs happened NO major airline were hiring. Just remember all the non-furloughed mainline employees voted to create that division. I guess when they did so, they expected the positions to be filled with less "qualified" people. Instead some of the best filled those postions!

STOP FLYING ETB, UNLESS ITS CONSIDERED COMPANY TIME, IF YOU DO THAT, you will notice more"

What a great idea. (giggle, giggle) Blockholders fly their blocks (giggle, giggle) and stop dropping trips. Hmmmm... Reserve job security .... think again. It would create a need for less reserves. Why continue to pay a bunck of free loaders 73 hours for sitting on their asses? :up:

What a great idea. (giggle, giggle) Blockholders fly their blocks (giggle, giggle) and stop dropping trips. Hmmmm... Reserve job security .... think again. It would create a need for less reserves. Why continue to pay a bunck of free loaders 73 hours for sitting on their asses? :up:

Why continue to pay the highest wage to the employess who show up for the least amount of time (of any work group that I know of) are the least productive for the company and create additional costs in software and scheduler man hours to serve their individual personal lives. Don't know of any other business, large or small that does such a thing.

Be careful.....very arrogant to call reserves the freeloaders.

it's very arrogant for the poster to start this thread. but then again , both sides are being arrogant.