First Class Listing

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just tried to list for flights this coming Friday/25th in First Class on Travel US.  When I went to complete the listing, it said 
Purchase Premium Cabin Upgrades

You do not have sufficient premium cabin upgrades for this itinerary based on mileage and passengers selected.
To continue booking in premium cabin, you need to purchase:

What is this????   Also it looks as if there is a Mileage based upgrade price, my flights were only $10.00 each.  When did this go into effect?  Also I was unable to complete the listing unless I purchased the Upgrades online.  What happens with the paper upgrades I currently hold???

I think as time progresses we are all going to see changes to non-rev that we are not going to like. Have you noticed in their "quest to take the best from each system" they haven't asked any of us. Maybe they meant "take [away] the best from each system." LOL

Reactions: 1 person
hope, one of our PT purchased an upgrade last week and used it just to get all the way down to MBJ    he brought it at the tkt cntr thought  not sure about the return trip  ill have to ask him bout that.   not sure if its truly to be tied into mileage but who knows with the clowns running the airline anything is possible

Found this under profile... view mileage details.....

Category

Dollar Value

Mileage Calculation

Domestic Upgrade - Low

< or =999 miles

Domestic Upgrade - Medium

1000 - 1999 miles

Domestic Upgrade - High

2000 - 2999 miles

Transoceanic Upgrade

> or =3000 miles

So when did this all change?   Any CWA employees know anything more????

Mom just traveled the other day,   went to list her in first and got the same message.....and said Ok...I'll purchase.   was 10.00 one way,  went back and made the listing and when she showed up,  agent put her in first and I no longer see the first class upgrade in the bank.   So it must be tied in somehow when you make the listing and you use it it works.   

Strange there wasn't anything mentioned about it anywhere...

I just had the same problem. I don't mind buying online, as it should have been years ago, but I don't know what to do with the paper upgrades that are non-refundable. 

jimntx said:
I think as time progresses we are all going to see changes to non-rev that we are not going to like. Have you noticed in their "quest to take the best from each system" they haven't asked any of us. Maybe they meant "take [away] the best from each system." LOL
Sure seems like it to me! :-( 

A buddy recently flew and the gate agent told him you use the paper upgrades for a last minute upgrade after listing in coach.  Makes sense.  Would have been cool if you could have converted the paper upgrades to electronic. 

It's not surprising that the company now demands an electronic debit when listing for First or Business Class, to be charged only if the seat is actually used.  It takes away the "wink and nod" upgrades that many agents provide for free to employees with the commensurate loss of revenue.

I agree that the fee should strictly cover costs, but unless one drinks A LOT of alcohol, it would be difficult to consume enough to meet the various levels.  Meals are usually boarded for empty seats, at least in Business/First.  If the seats go empty, the meals are discarded anyway.

CAVOK said:
I just had the same problem. I don't mind buying online, as it should have been years ago, but I don't know what to do with the paper upgrades that are non-refundable. 
Find someone who wants to use it and sell at face value to them. It doesn't matter who bought it