Flagship Tulsa

Are you really to ignorant to understand the logo was placed there for your mental benefit, not to benefit the passenger or create revenue?
I shake my head in dismay at the events of the past week in Tulsa. To me it represents lip service and creative accounting at its best. The two combined equals ten bucks worth of logo plastered on the side of a couple of airplanes. They marvel at the savings without regard to the cost. What does it cost per year to have topped out mechanics attend endless meetings, who's name bear concocted acronyms? The appointment of mechanics to think tank departments, company/union liaisons, and the addition of very expensive coordinators and managers that did not exist before this initiative. Furthermore, how could management of any company team with a union that has for many years epitomized the wasteful use of labor by removing accountability, resulting in the loss of its member’s dignity. The TWU has proven it’s not qualified to run M&E’s business. The Tulsa base, what in the early 90’s was very productive by standards has morphed into a very well organized and expensive joke. Management should manage and the union should negotiate to improve pay and benefits.

I shake my head in dismay at the events of the past week in Tulsa. To me it represents lip service and creative accounting at its best. The two combined equals ten bucks worth of logo plastered on the side of a couple of airplanes. They marvel at the savings without regard to the cost. What does it cost per year to have topped out mechanics attend endless meetings, who's name bear concocted acronyms? The appointment of mechanics to think tank departments, company/union liaisons, and the addition of very expensive coordinators and managers that did not exist before this initiative. Furthermore, how could management of any company team with a union that has for many years epitomized the wasteful use of labor by removing accountability, resulting in the loss of its member’s dignity. The TWU has proven it’s not qualified to run M&E’s business. The Tulsa base, what in the early 90’s was very productive by standards has morphed into a very well organized and expensive joke. Management should manage and the union should negotiate to improve pay and benefits.

I have asked sveral times for the local ALT/JLT member to bring forward the cost figures regarding the Fuel Tank Plate Cover debacle. To date not one piece of evidence or even a verbal offering of the cost associated with this matter.

33 MD-80's were grounded, countless overtime was worked to remove fuel, clean tanks and filters and run engine test. One Employee nearly lost his leg using a high pressure water blaster to remove old paint from covers that was lacking adhesion properties required for safe flight. For three to four weeks, I watched and Tank Plate Covers were re-worked on the Tulsa Base.

And yet, NOBODY can give a cost to this issue.

You are correct Birdman, the accounting used to claim success of the $500 Million goal, would be called "cooking the books" if the SEC required a filing to prove the savings was actually obtained.

And yet, we have the gullible hero's here barking with pride because management and the TWU told them to bark loudly.

UNBELIEVABLE!