Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention Moderators:

Please monitor this thread extra diligently over the next 12 hours.

We have just now, and will continue to have posters who will intentionally post
irrelevant, page consuming symbols… and nonverbal alphabetic letters.

We are going to need this thread for a very serious Transition Agreement evaluation.

We will watch the best we can & just let this be a warning to all if you do this we are going to give time off with no more warnings.
STAY ON TOPIC & ISSUES ONLY.

Edit to add...feel free to use the "report" function. However we do NOT have time to waste. Unfounded reports are going to get you time off.

Attention Fleet Members…

Since this is a new thread… let’s try to keep our posts directly on topic… at least until this T/A evaluation is over.

If we refrain from nonsense counter posts to the likes of FARCE…and MS. SHOCKER… our communications will be much enhanced. (You may even consider putting them on ignore.)

The above mentioned… are posters, whom intentionally pollute this thread with garbled nonsense, or lengthy diatribes to advance the page count… thus, making it difficult for us to stay immediate in our communications.

The next 24 hours... may be the most important time frame in your entire Airline Career!

SOLIDARITY !

P.S. Mr. Nelson… Godspeed on your way to PIT…
You have this entire Fleet Group behind you…swords held high!

Swords held high? Easy Zorro.

The TA will probably be less than we expect because the company knew what the fleet would settle for from reading this blog, then throw in all the posters with political agendas....hmph...hmph...ND08. The worst possible thing to do is not support your negotiating committee while in contract talks especially with the industry as it is now. I know how much cash I lost from voting the last one down I'm hoping to see some improvements. Like everyone else I wont decide until I see what they bring back.

Again I suspect that MF & DH weren't removed from negotiations, they were't probably afraid to be critized for signing the TA the way they have been bashing the previous negotiation committee.

Plus if these guys were such skilled negotiators they should have stuck it out and put Al Hemenway in his place.

Regardless, we will see today.

GOOD LINK CLICK HERE

Anyone that doesn't take any type of pay raise now is making a big mistake. Your bargining position only will get worse not better. There was an article Tuesday that said this is the worst economic times for union bargining positions in decades! What makes any of you think holding out longer will improve your chances? Every month that goes by the industry becomes weaker and weaker. You have no leverage if you hadn't noticed. IMHO this will pass probably around the same percent as theTechs. Call the people who will vote yest for this company lackeys if you like but I'llcall them realist, something this industry needs more of.

It sounds like you are one of the ones who will be easily baited by the raise in pay. ..... {so on and so forth }
Wings , I don’t know what the TA reads , but lets face reality here , our options are VERY limited … we are not rich people , we don’t have the luxury of waiting more years , I’ve told you guys what our situation is here in the west , soon you’ll start to feel some of the pressures that we feel as the economy constricts on you .

Do I feel bad for the people who’ve been affected by the 60 day rule ? yes I do ,should we attempt to rectify it ? We should , but should we do it at the cost of the wellbeing of all of fleet ? No . one thing we COULD do , and make it immediate is within the IAM , we could at least give any rehired 60 day guys their seniority back for bidding purposes as far as work location and vacation go .

Folks I think we’ve gotten this TA in just before the buzzer , and by the buzzer I mean the worst recession that this country has seen since world war 2 . Like I said , unless this TA is seriously FUBAR , we will have little choice but to sign it . Some of you will immediately say “no we don’t have to sign it !â€￾ and I will say to you , “Really ? Your not really a baggage handler are you .â€￾

AMEN.....UPANAWY & FREEDOM...I couldn't agree more

Did everyone read about Frontier Airlines....another one bites the dust....

"Do I feel bad for the people who’ve been affected by the 60 day rule ? yes I do ,should we attempt to rectify it ? We should , but should we do it at the cost of the wellbeing of all of fleet ? No . one thing we COULD do , and make it immediate is within the IAM , we could at least give any rehired 60 day guys their seniority back for bidding purposes as far as work location and vacation go . "

We already have that much in place, but it is returning to work at starting wage that is the killer here. I'm not saying that anyone who is still working would/should reject a raise due to this issue alone, but they MUST look at the entire T/A beyond the hourly wage. The Comapny is betting on a majority of the voters to be swayed by that alone. If I have learned anything with this company, it is that while they are putting money in one of your pockets, they are taking out of all the others at the same time. How many times we got a raise, and Bingo the Medical costs went up within a few cents of what the raise was...You can bet that if they give you ANYTHING, that they are making up for it by taking at least as much away, if not more....

Oh...ok PIT til death....

USAirways is immune to the current recession and has such strategic planners in place that their $3 bill is just going to grow.

Get over their bonuses...they are no different than any other corporation in this country.

Again...I'm not a company lackey, I'm a realist....

Finally, common sense prevails! I have a family to support and that is my priority. I will not listen to the band of brothers who feed fear, bitterness and threats toward a "new direction" to nowhere.
Those of you who were quick to disclaim a TA without looking at it first are malcontents who have your own agenda, and yes, I am in a city at risk. I am sincerely sorry for those who have lost much, but it is time to move on! I for one will vote yes if we are offered a reasonable offer.

Freedom…Shocker…Wings...G-fan

Thank you for your logical input regarding the soon to be revealed Agreement.

I’m not going to criticize your opinion, or the Agreement until I actually see it.

I will respect, and honor the democratic collective wisdom of this Fleet Service Membership, whom will be voting on either ratification, or rejection thereof.

You will soon witness how serious we take these negotiations. Any and all Legacy Carrier Industry substandard language will be exposed…revealed…and interpreted by the best negotiators in this business…The Membership!

It will ultimately be US (Fleet rank and file) whom will negotiate with Mr. Hemenway on this offer for our consideration.

Solidarity…

Wings what are your options other than voting yes? How are you going to get a better deal?

I bought Frontier stock at $5, Last week it was $2.25, yesterday $1.75 today .41cents.

You run the same risk with each passing day! What the company will feel they can afford (matters not if they can afford more or not) will shrink not grow,just like my F9 stock.

Oh...ok PIT til death....

USAirways is immune to the current recession and has such strategic planners in place that their $3 bill is just going to grow.

Get over their bonuses...they are no different than any other corporation in this country.

Again...I'm not a company lackey, I'm a realist....

Listen, and I think I can speak for most of the US people, we will probably never, and I mean NEVER get back what this company took from us. I'm not asking for it all back, but if you think for one minute that we are gonna settle for a t/a that leaves us in the bottom of the pack in wages, you are out of your mind. We are the 5th largest airline, with the 2nd best balance sheet. If we are in such bad shape, how can the M&R get a 31% give back and 10% wage increase up front, just last week?? Get the wool and move it from in front of your eyes and be realistic about that.

Right,

We should take any pay raise offered because:

The entire economy will collapse tomorrow.

As Fleet service workers we are unskilled, unmotivated, perform valueless duties, have the lowest injury rate of any industrial environment, and have no significant effect on the operation as a whole.

Just because Fleet Service is paying millions into the IAM under the pretext of fair representation doesn’t mean that we are actually entitled to such representation . Complete disregard of industry averages is fine as long as it suits the mechanics union leaders and the feces covered noses of their disciples.

In all seriousness,

Thank God for the NC members who abstained from signing off on an abortion of a proposal. I have watched 3 individuals whom I once considered friends have their heads completely turned once they were exposed to the environment of the negotiating process. JR you would do well to look hard at the current status of Mr. Cioffi and Bonar. It might be that when you sell your soul, things in life tend to degrade. In case you weren’t aware
(or don’t care) you are generally viewed as a traitor here at home. Do you even remember really being part of us, our working conditions, or what working on the ramp is actually like? I know, I know, you are only doing what’s best for your family ( and whatever Canale tells you ). You , like the two who preceded you, have squandered a prime opportunity to make a real difference for those who really need it most.
It’s a damn shame.

I’ll keep your seat in hell (next to mine) warm.

Finally, common sense prevails! I have a family to support and that is my priority. I will not listen to the band of brothers who feed fear, bitterness and threats toward a "new direction" to nowhere.
Those of you who were quick to disclaim a TA without looking at it first are malcontents who have your own agenda, and yes, I am in a city at risk. I am sincerely sorry for those who have lost much, but it is time to move on! I for one will vote yes if we are offered a reasonable offer.

If you are in a city at risk and you vote yes for this, don't cry when you have to pack your bags when your station closes in 2012. I too have a family to feed and that is EXACTLY why I will vote no if this agreement is substandard.

Alot can and will happen between now and 2012. Chances are, we will have merged, been bought out out, taken over or shut down altogether...and maybe not. I am entitled to a fair contract. Nothing more, nothing less. I can stay in or go, and so can you. It's simple, really. I am not entitled to expect my company to guarantee that I stay at the city of my choice at the wage I demand. If my station shuts down, I have a choice. No one is doing anything to you. Look around, see what is happening in this industry around you. Stop blaming, grow up and make your own choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back