Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys , relax , we haven’t seen the TA yet , but it’s sure to include a raise for EVERYONE , topped out guys and class 2 cities , east and WEST . If it doesn’t scrap the field stations then it’s a HUGE green light .

Look there are still some of you with unrealistic expectations as to what the NC was going to be able to achieve , this economy IS bad WTF CLT and you cannot dance around that fact , oil hit an all time high this week .(remember , aloha ,ATA , and skybus ?) What would you rather us do WTF CLT , what’s your END GAME here ? Shall we pass on this TA only to allow the new direction team , which is full of hardliners to come to power ? Do you realize how much LONGER it would take us with the new direction team as negotiators ? Do you really want to continue with the wages your getting paid for the next 3 years ?

Brothers , does anyone out there honestly believe that if we threw new people into the NC committee that Mr hemmingway would immediately cave into our demands? It’s been YEARS now since we merged , he hasn’t caved with our moderate team , I’ve heard very hard things about Mr hemmingway in that he’s damn good at what he does .

Waiting till 2010 and I say again 2010 to get a better deal has got to be one of the worst ideas possible and one that we MUST avoid ..

A couple of points to think about. Everyone should consider his or her financial picture, the station
you work at, how long you plan on staying with the company, dissect the TA from A to Z then
make an educated decision, and of course then vote. Don't be swayed by either side. Only you
can decide what is best for you.......and in the end, hopefully, it'll work out.

I do have a question for mr. Tim Nelson

Tim, with all due respect to you, why are you not on the NC? You sound very knowledgable and
are awfully critical of both USAIRways and the I.A.M..

Alot can and will happen between now and 2012. Chances are, we will have merged, been bought out out, taken over or shut down altogether...and maybe not. I am entitled to a fair contract. Nothing more, nothing less. I can stay in or go, and so can you. It's simple, really. I am not entitled to expect my company to guarantee that I stay at the city of my choice at the wage I demand. If my station shuts down, I have a choice. No one is doing anything to you. Look around, see what is happening in this industry around you. Stop blaming, grow up and make your own choices.

Talk to me when you've actually LOST something. You are in the situation you're in because of poor negotiating from the TWU, we, on the other hand have been raped through 2 bankrupcies. This has made me GROW incredibly. I have commuted and had to be away from my family, and I'll tell you, it's not fun. Bottom line is that you are outnumbered. Vote yes all you want. Again, there are many more from hubs and the east that have been screwed over, and I am telling you, this will not pass if it is substandard.

Only your bitterness has grown. Nothing this TA will make you happy. So quit already.

Bitter yes. On the contrary, $20/hr, 1 more week vacation, 3 more holidays, paid sick time (which I've earned) on the first day, scope for you westies (although YOU make me wonder why I care),double time, and toss out 60 day rule, in turn, I'll give up profit sharing, and the CIC. This is nothing CLOSE to what I and my US brothers have had stolen from us. If you think this is too much then I must be greedy.

Pit till death , have you ever heard of the ancient Greek tale of Icarus , if my memory serves me correctly he was the one with the plastic wings who desired to fly higher and higher until he crashed , for some reason your arguments reminded me of the tale .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus

On another note I hope our NC puts out the terms of the agreement online by the end of the day ,we’re all grown adults here , we can read and interpret for our selves , if you guys over at IAM HQ would like to add some footnotes to it to help explain , by all means please do , but don’t hold onto the proposed contract longer than you need to please .

You guys are destined to fail if you cannot let go of the past. What happened in BK1 or BK2 is completely irrelevant to the current environment. Except to know what maybe to expect in the real near future. You are thinking with emotion and not using your heads.
If you are one of those that say "I would rather see this place shut down....",

Pit till death , have you ever heard of the ancient Greek tale of Icarus , if my memory serves me correctly he was the one with the plastic wings who desired to fly higher and higher until he crashed , for some reason your arguments reminded me of the tale .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus

On another note I hope our NC puts out the terms of the agreement online by the end of the day ,we’re all grown adults here , we can read and interpret for our selves , if you guys over at IAM HQ would like to add some footnotes to it to help explain , by all means please do , but don’t hold onto the proposed contract longer than you need to please .

And you are just ready to jump on my "plastic wings," which have taken years to fabricate, and benefit from my labor, trials, and tribulations for your own benefit, with no reward for me.

If you are in a city at risk and you vote yes for this, don't cry when you have to pack your bags when your station closes in 2012. I too have a family to feed and that is EXACTLY why I will vote no if this agreement is substandard.

After lurking for years, I finally see a post in which I feel a need to respond. Thank you, pit.

I work at a station which I will refer to as "Siberia". East and West ramp are at this station. I used to work ramp in PHX but transferred to Siberia to be near a family member with cancer. If you are in PHX or LAS (or any large station that would not be considered for outsourcing), keep in mind that one day circumstances may make it necessary to transfer to a field station. What if your spouse needs to transfer to another city? ABQ...SEA...CMH...? What if your spouse desperately wants to go home and you face divorce if you don't go with her or him? What if that city is IND? Or MCI? What if you have a sick family member that wants you near? If this TA contains outsourcing language and you vote for it, you are seriously restricting your choice of relocating and keeping your job and seniority if it passes.

If you are at a field station and you vote for a TA that includes a provision for outsourcing, you may be voting for a pay raise before you lose your job. Can't outsource until the end of 2011? Time passes by quickly.

Most importantly, unions are supposed to be against outsourcing, last time I checked. IAM should not even consider a TA with an outsourcing provision just for principle.

WTF..CLT--you got issues.

You use terms like, traitor, burning in hell....wtf?

Let me put it simply for you: a decent pay raise and other decent enhancements = my YES vote

Let the anger go.....or try therapy.

After lurking for years, I finally see a post in which I feel a need to respond. Thank you, pit.

I work at a station which I will refer to as "Siberia". East and West ramp are at this station. I used to work ramp in PHX but transferred to Siberia to be near a family member with cancer. If you are in PHX or LAS (or any large station that would not be considered for outsourcing), keep in mind that one day circumstances may make it necessary to transfer to a field station. What if your spouse needs to transfer to another city? ABQ...SEA...CMH...? What if your spouse desperately wants to go home and you face divorce if you don't go with her or him? What if that city is IND? Or MCI? What if you have a sick family member that wants you near? If this TA contains outsourcing language and you vote for it, you are seriously restricting your choice of relocating and keeping your job and seniority if it passes.

If you are at a field station and you vote for a TA that includes a provision for outsourcing, you may be voting for a pay raise before you lose your job. Can't outsource until the end of 2011? Time passes by quickly.

Most importantly, unions are supposed to be against outsourcing, last time I checked. IAM should not even consider a TA with an outsourcing provision just for principle.

Thank you 28 for getting my point. I have commuted, I have a family, and it's not fun.

Chin up, PIT till death...we're in this together. let's see what we can salvage, find the good where we can and hope for the future. No disrespect intended, I've just grown tired of the blame game.

Chin up, PIT till death...we're in this together. let's see what we can salvage, find the good where we can and hope for the future. No disrespect intended, I've just grown tired of the blame game.

No blame, I have just lived through the bad and would not want to see ANY of my union brothers go through it for a couple of bucks an hour when, I know in my heart, if we just stick to our guns, we can do better for everyone.

Look there are still some of you with unrealistic expectations as to what the NC was going to be able to achieve , this economy IS bad WTF CLT and you cannot dance around that fact , oil hit an all time high this week .(remember , aloha ,ATA , and skybus ?) What would you rather us do WTF CLT , what’s your END GAME here ? Shall we pass on this TA only to allow the new direction team , which is full of hardliners to come to power ? Do you realize how much LONGER it would take us with the new direction team as negotiators ? Do you really want to continue with the wages your getting paid for the next 3 years ?

O.K.,
I'll admit I haven't seen a single printed word yet. However, from past experience and conversations with family members The least of whom is a senior vice president of Wachovia. Combined with second hand information of former friends/ nc members, and a review of our contract with extremely knowledgeable attorney friends (who pity my lack of motivation and drive) have given me a fair amount of insight into how the whole thing is played.

1. Foremost every person in a position of influence will do the utmost to protect his/her position.

2. Actual "real life" conditions are not a major consideration during any negotiations. Everything resolves around power/influence, and primarily saving face. Things like the "economy" are used as tool or levers.

3. Egos are served first in board rooms. Personal enrichment second, Third the corporate bottom line.

Allrighty then,
My endgame is very simple.
Show me a spreadsheet that demonstrates that paying an industry standard wage would cause undo harm to the company. If our CEO/CFO want to maintain a low cost status they should lead by example. If they don't then I'll fight for everything that I can get (albeit more ethically). Most importantly I'll fight anyone who impedes,lies or uses deception to prevent my goals (read IAM ). When all is said and done myself and many others don't want to drain every last asset. We want a living wage and benefits proportionate to the duties performed and the industry standard.
Thanks for listening

P.S. if you want to be taken seriously don't use SKYBUS as a reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back