Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What if your spouse needs to transfer to another city? ABQ...SEA...CMH...? What if your spouse desperately wants to go home and you face divorce if you don't go with her or him? What if that city is IND? Or MCI? What if you have a sick family member that wants you near? If this TA contains outsourcing language and you vote for it, you are seriously restricting your choice of relocating and keeping your job and seniority if it passes."

Listen to this arguement??? What if you worked at Disney World in MCO and you had a sick relative you wanted to be near in Kansas City? Just like 99% of corporations ppl work for out there.....you would be sh*&% out of luck That's the REALITY!!! 99% of the American working force cannot just uproot and go to any city they want and keep their job, seniority and pay...get real!!!!You cannot and will not get everything on this new T/A...so be realistic.

WTF..CLT--you got issues.

You use terms like, traitor, burning in hell....wtf?

Let me put it simply for you: a decent pay raise and other decent enhancements = my YES vote

Let the anger go.....or try therapy.

I'll take anger over ennui any day. Oh yes, I have issues. When those you entrust repeatedly turn their backs to you anger is a natural response and an awesome motivational tool. Therapy is for those too weak of mind and body to run their own lives!
I suspect a therapist may be of use to you.

Bye now!

"What if your spouse needs to transfer to another city? ABQ...SEA...CMH...? What if your spouse desperately wants to go home and you face divorce if you don't go with her or him? What if that city is IND? Or MCI? What if you have a sick family member that wants you near? If this TA contains outsourcing language and you vote for it, you are seriously restricting your choice of relocating and keeping your job and seniority if it passes."

Listen to this arguement??? What if you worked at Disney World in MCO and you had a sick relative you wanted to be near in Kansas City? Just like 99% of corporations ppl work for out there.....you would be sh*&% out of luck That's the REALITY!!! 99% of the American working force cannot just uproot and go to any city they want and keep their job, seniority and pay...get real!!!!You cannot and will not get everything on this new T/A...so be realistic.

Your argument is flawed. Comparing Disneyworld to an airline with multiple locations across the country is comparing apples to oranges.

My post seems to have made you very angry. Hmm.

forget the therapist...anger management issues for sure. If you feel so betrayed by those you entrusted, exercise your options, make some decisions and plans and quit crying. No one cares

28L or 10L,

Your post did not make me angry at all. Just confused. I have worked for this airline near 30 years I am well aware of the multiple locations across the country. My point is...

Outsourcing sucks and I understand that. But if your argument is that they should keep all these cities from outsourcing b/c we may need or want to work there someday, doesn't fly. (No pun intended) Most corporations ppl work for would NEVER even have that option...(to keep a job with pay and seniority in a different city). Bottom line....having "choices" of cities to relocate to is a benefit not a right. That's just my opinion....you can tear me up now.

The sky is falling....... the sky is falling...............OHHH MYYYY GOD!

Take all of the TA into account. Take the insurance costs per month, the sick pay or lack of, the holidays or lack of, the vacation or lack of, THE JOB PROTECTION OR LACK OF etc. etc. and if you realize a pay increase then vote yes. I think you'll find the opposite. You are all grown men but some seem like little kids
with candy being dangled in front of them. If you can't vote this contract down, if it sucks, then quit, go find another job. Walmart is hiring. You'd think this company was being run by Bush and Co. The fear factor is a strong tool for the weak of mind. I'd rather go into a merger with this contract intact than vote in a POS like or worse than the last one.

And for those of you that think that Mike Fairbanks and Dave Hall have any other agenda than the welfare of the membership then you are not even worth arguing with. These guys are the only ones that you can trust and if Cornholy doesn't want them around than something just don't smell right.

I know Dave Hall personally and he is a straight up guy and I know people that know Mike Fairbanks and they say he is a straight up guy. If they oppose it that's all I need to know. I will vote NO unless the company and the IAM did some last minute tweaking to make it respectable. I doubt it! History prevails!

The sky is falling....... the sky is falling...............OHHH MYYYY GOD!

Take all of the TA into account. Take the insurance costs per month, the sick pay or lack of, the holidays or lack of, the vacation or lack of, THE JOB PROTECTION OR LACK OF etc. etc. and if you realize a pay increase then vote yes. I think you'll find the opposite. You are all grown men but some seem like little kids
with candy being dangled in front of them. If you can't vote this contract down, if it sucks, then quit, go find another job. Walmart is hiring. You'd think this company was being run by Bush and Co. The fear factor is a strong tool for the weak of mind. I'd rather go into a merger with this contract intact than vote in a POS like or worse than the last one.

And for those of you that think that Mike Fairbanks and Dave Hall have any other agenda than the welfare of the membership then you are not even worth arguing with. These guys are the only ones that you can trust and if Cornholy doesn't want them around than something just don't smell right.

I know Dave Hall personally and he is a straight up guy and I know people that know Mike Fairbanks and they say he is a straight up guy. If they oppose it that's all I need to know. I will vote NO unless the company and the IAM did some last minute tweaking to make it respectable. I doubt it! History prevails!

Chicken Little has grown into a...................HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't believe my eyes---LOL

Couldn't agree with you more. I worked with Hall and Fairbanks and I trust them both. I used to know Mike very well and he speaks what is on his mind, when it's on his mind, and he always tells it like it is. If he doesn't like it, I'm sure that I won't either.

isthisok----

Go ahead and get all your anger out and tell the world a NO vote is the right thing to do b/c you have your ppl.

WHATEVER-----Your ppl have done nothing, zilcho, NADA, for me in the last 30 years. So take your lousy $17 an hour wage and maybe you can get a part-time job at Walmart cuz you're gonna need it.

http://iam141.org/USA%20Tentative%208.11.08.htm

Theres the link, feast your eyes.... Think carefully what it means for you AND your brothers.

First thing I saw was the pay, and it met, and exceded the 20.00$ mark

No more 60 day rule?

Shift Swaps limited to 26..

The IAM agrees that it irrevocably waives and thus will not be eligible for any future profit sharing payments. It also agrees that such future monies that would otherwise have been due to the IAM under the profit sharing program will not be paid to IAM and instead will be retained by the Company and will not be available for distribution for profit sharing to any other employee groups.
That's just FOUL...

hmm.. Not a TERRIBLE contract in my opinion. There are some key things in there you guys were weary about.

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

Yeah, that's when we start section 6 there buddy. That's how your company feels about you? Making threats?

What of this merger rumor? Are they bluffing? Didn't they NEED a contract for all groups to be able to merge?

I honestly wouldn't mind waiting until an arbitrator decides these things for us. It can be more...

28L or 10L,

Your post did not make me angry at all. Just confused. I have worked for this airline near 30 years I am well aware of the multiple locations across the country. My point is...

Outsourcing sucks and I understand that. But if your argument is that they should keep all these cities from outsourcing b/c we may need or want to work there someday, doesn't fly. (No pun intended) Most corporations ppl work for would NEVER even have that option...(to keep a job with pay and seniority in a different city). Bottom line....having "choices" of cities to relocate to is a benefit not a right. That's just my opinion....you can tear me up now.

That wasn't my point and I think you know that. Read the post:

Most importantly, unions are supposed to be against outsourcing, last time I checked. IAM should not even consider a TA with an outsourcing provision just for principle.

I'm not going to argue with you and this is my last reply to you on this topic. :up:

shocker,
" Plus if these guys were such skilled negotiators they should have stuck it out and put Al Hemenway in his place."

Hard to put someone in there place. when HE and RANDY kept running behind closed doors.

isthisok----

Go ahead and get all your anger out and tell the world a NO vote is the right thing to do b/c you have your ppl.

WHATEVER-----Your ppl have done nothing, zilcho, NADA, for me in the last 30 years. So take your lousy $17 an hour wage and maybe you can get a part-time job at Walmart cuz you're gonna need it.

That wasn't anger that was disgust at the mentality. Hey the ignore button is working now! BYE BYE!
PS My 36 years trumps your 30! You probably voted for the IAM too, I didn't. BYE BYE!

Welcome to all the newbies. For your edification I will save you
a lot of time by telling you how to vote. Here goes:

Vote yes if:

1. You are in a class II east station
2. You are in a west hub with midrange seniority
3. You are an east employee in a west station who wants
your seniority back
4. You are and east employee in a "helping hand station"

Vote no if:

1. you are in an east hub.
2' you are on the west outsourcing list
3. you are in CA and getting decent wages with all the other
benifits as well.

If you think this is slightly condescending then heres a better idea: Go
back to 2005 and read every post on the subject of FS (it will only take
about two days) and then make up your mind.

Here's what I found. Canale is motivated by his own reasons to get a contract.
Thats OK. It's also OK for me to be against it. I would urge anyone who is
on the fence to give this serious consideration.

Thanks BF

that 60 day rul should be eliminated all together there is absolutely no excuses to have that in there. To me if Im reading it correctly those of us who have been furloughed since 2005 are screwed anyway :angry:

Good post Bagfather... I agree with your analysis.

This is certainly going to be an "on the fence" contract much like the mechanics was.

I just want to say, all negative feelings aside, thank you to the commitee for getting in the companies face a few weeks ago, and sticking it out this week. Thanks to the East for your insight.

Doug Parker, I owe you no thanks, your obstructionist, underhanded ways have lost you the respect of your family in the West and have tarnished your reputation in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back