Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FLEET SERVICE AGENTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: O-Man

( For the faithful performance of their duties, each Assistant General Chairman shall receive the following monthly salary rate, effective 01-01-06:
First six (6) months' service $7,988.24
Second six (6) months' service $8,066.27
Thereafter $8,145.58
The above salaries shall be increased each January 1st by a percentage equal to the percentage increase in weighted average hourly
earnings on a union-wide basis. In addition, a per diem while away from his designated headquarters in the regular performance of his duties.[/i]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLEET: THE ABOVE QUOTE... SHOULD MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL!

An Assistant General Chairman (AGC) will ultimately make $97,746.96 per year!

Take a guess where the money to compensate these individuals comes from…
The answer is you!

You… pay their salaries with your hard earned money!

Since we are being told that we should not expect anything close to Industry Standards in our compensation package, due to the current economic environment…

I call on all of Fleet to demand that all Union Officers, and Representatives also be informed that they also… should not expect Industry Standard Compensation for their positions due to the current state of the economy.

Tim Nelson…any others in the know, please find out how we… as IAM Members can have these bylaws changed to more realistically adjust these ludicrous salaries that AGC’s and other Officers enjoy.

Fleet should demand that our sacrifices regarding the current industry turmoil…be also sacrifices that IAM officials participate in… at least until times are better, and…

“We can fight another day!â€￾

Joe---I agree. I would love to see a higher increase for the lower guys. I would love to see a higher wage in general for the newbies. Quite frankly I'm sick of picking up their slack b/c we can't hire anybody with a decent work ethic anymore b/c we're paying them garbage. I work with kids who may be one step up from gangbangers. It's demoralizing what this industry has become.

Hey GF come visit CLT on night shift. The new hires are as close to gangbangers/thugs as you can get. (If they aren't actually gangbangers/thugs).

Plus they're lazy too. I know the starting wage is crap but c'mon this is a job act like it. Put your hat on straight, pull up your pants, respect senority, & do your job with no back talk!!

There have been several instances of Canale making that exact threat and not following though though.

Hope it helps all :)

Well Timmy, there you go.

I seems that Mr. Necigrad had the pleasure of first hand hearing Boss Canale making such a threat to force West under the existing contract while visiting LAS. In case, you forget, you cited that same conversation yourself in, at least, two different posts from a few months ago. So it is a valid proof if you use it, but invalid proof when I use it?

Thank-you, Mr. Necigrad, that was a great help, but I question your willingness to wait until someone pulls the trigger before reacting. If you are so concerned about those 18 stations, then you wouldn't be playing brinksmanship with those rampers' livelihood in such a cavalier fashion. If Boss Canale follows through on his threat, then those stations won't make it to 2011, especially with the requirement of 56 mainline flights per week. Who's going to stop Boss Canale? Will it be Mr. Nelson? Will it be the Nihilist Directions Team (assuming they can get elected before Boss Canale follows through on his threat)? Frankly, no one would stop him, as I doubt Doug Parker would even object too much.

So Reminds Jester.

Hey GF come visit CLT on night shift. The new hires are as close to gangbangers/thugs as you can get. (If they aren't actually gangbangers/thugs).

Plus they're lazy too. I know the starting wage is crap but c'mon this is a job act like it. Put your hat on straight, pull up your pants, respect senority, & do your job with no back talk!!

Number one, they are not lazy, it's the new generation.
Number two, The hat's on straight, it's thier head thats crooked.
Last but not least, the pants are called Capri pants for men, they are pulled up.

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

Umm...This reminds me of the movie "The Godfather"...Luca Brazzi and my Dad made him an offer he couldn't refuse...while Luca held a gun to his head, my father said "either your brains or your signature will be on the bottom of the page"

So Tim, which is it?
The gun is a flippn water gun, sorry this isn't the Godfather. Fleet service controls the outcome, not hemenway.

Below is a quote from last August, Hint: Doesn't it look familiar?

''US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. ''

Though this is repeated on the recent letter from Canale I took this quote from a letter from Canale
last August. "

Bottom line is that fleet service called Hemenway's bluff and forced Hemenway to come back to the table 7 times. This isn't the Godfather, this is more Dookie Howser stuff. I'm in process of putting together a strong campaign that 'rats out the Hemenway lies' and "Rats" out Canale so that fleet service can make an informed decision. As I told you all in September, Hemenway's blowing smoke up your a$$es saying he will wait till 2009. I'm not a prophet, a signed contract is what he needs and I intend to do all I can to shove this rag up his a$$ until we break him, fire him, and force this company to FINALLY give fleet service a fair contract with dignity and respect. More on this when the campaign starts.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Well Timmy, there you go.

I seems that Mr. Necigrad had the pleasure of first hand hearing Boss Canale making such a threat to force West under the existing contract while visiting LAS. In case, you forget, you cited that same conversation yourself in, at least, two different posts from a few months ago. So it is a valid proof if you use it, but invalid proof when I use it?

Thank-you, Mr. Necigrad, that was a great help, but I question your willingness to wait until someone pulls the trigger before reacting. If you are so concerned about those 18 stations, then you wouldn't be playing brinksmanship with those rampers' livelihood in such a cavalier fashion. If Boss Canale follows through on his threat, then those stations won't make it to 2011, especially with the requirement of 56 mainline flights per week. Who's going to stop Boss Canale? Will it be Mr. Nelson? Will it be the Nihilist Directions Team (assuming they can get elected before Boss Canale follows through on his threat)? Frankly, no one would stop him, as I doubt Doug Parker would even object too much.

So Reminds Jester.

Jester,
my campaign will be based on 'what is written' with all things referenced. As opposed to the 'doom and gloom' and 'fear' campaigns of Canale and Hemenway.
The membership will be informed and after the information is released, I'm confident that the 19 stations will be confident that a NO vote is the 'only' way to go.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Jester, don't you dare copy and paste things I've said in different ways then originally posted as a quote. You combined two quotes into one. It's minor in this case but still completly unacceptable.

Jester, don't you dare copy and paste things I've said in different ways then originally posted as a quote. You combined two quotes into one. It's minor in this case but still completly unacceptable.
Jester misquotes, and then cuts and paste other quotes without references. At any rate, in regards to Canale, he's not going to be around anyways to cause any further problems when this gets voted down. Canale will be voted out and that starts in around 50 days so we won't have to worry about Randy sending mixed signals to Hemenway when we vote this rag out.

As an update, PHX seems to be our only trouble spot that will go overwhelmingly Yes. It was a big yes last time also and most of the posters on this forum that are No's are actually from PHX.
I'm hoping once the 'No campaign' starts that we can achive not only a No vote but have a larger no vote than the one in September.

regards,
Tim Nelson

The gun is a flippn water gun, sorry this isn't the Godfather. Fleet service controls the outcome, not hemenway.

''US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. ''

Though this is repeated on the recent letter from Canale I took this quote from a letter from Canale
last August. "

Bottom line is that fleet service called Hemenway's bluff and forced Hemenway to come back to the table 7 times. This isn't the Godfather, this is more Dookie Howser stuff. I'm in process of putting together a strong campaign that 'rats out the Hemenway lies' and "Rats" out Canale so that fleet service can make an informed decision. As I told you all in September, Hemenway's blowing smoke up your a$$es saying he will wait till 2009. I'm not a prophet, a signed contract is what he needs and I intend to do all I can to shove this rag up his a$$ until we break him, fire him, and force this company to FINALLY give fleet service a fair contract with dignity and respect. More on this when the campaign starts.

regards,
Tim Nelson

"Thats a big gamble on a 30 million dollar airplane Mav"
HA HA HA
You guys voting No I cant wait to see what you say when They come back and do exactly what they said. Roll the west into our POS contract. You will have no friends in the west.
As far as the August statement you quote That was before the Arbiatration hearing too.
Different times this time Tim.

605AW,

You are exactly right. By rejecting the TA those who wish to "save" those 18 cities will in reality be hastening their demise. I'll repeat for those who missed my last post, Boss Canale said that if this TA is rejected that he would bring the current contract to the West which would then make the immediate requirement to be 56 weekly mainline flights versus 28 weekly mainline flights in 2011. The proposed TA would require a daily average of 4 mainline flights versus 8 mainline flights per day. If one thinks about it, 4 mainline flights per day is not all that many, but of course, I understand that RJ's are not counted, but I doubt there will be any attempts to do transcons on even a CRJ-900. so main line jets would be required in those instances (even with United's ORD).

I hate to be so cynical, but as I have stated in prior posts, I am sure if the TA offered $25/hour, there would barely be a peep about saving those 18 cities. I view those who are against this TA because of the outsourcing are offering a canard in place of reasoning given the alternative of voting "no" would place an even higher burden upon those same stations in terms of the requirement number of weekly mainline flights.

So Reminds Jester.

Canale has threatened this time and time again. The fact of the matter is, that he doesn't have the ba**s to dare to bring the west up to the east. This will ENSURE his position with the IAM this summer to be GONE!! Don't let him OR the company fool you or anyone else. This is the third time they both have cried wolf. C'mon people. We are all smarter than this. The company needs transition to merge. The IAM wants the west dues. Do you really think that Canale is gonna bring the west into the east right now and risk losing those dues immediately????? Do you really think the company doesn't have another offer in the "desk" right now in case this t/a gets rejected too. For once the ball is in our court and why would you settle to make a 2 point layup when we can make the 3 pointer for the win.

exactly pitt they are crying wolf, like Oman said do you expect them to say "hey if you don't like that one we'll get back to you with another one" of course they will say this is our final offer,just as the car salesman does ,then you walk off .a few days later the salesman calls

personally I'd feel pretty stupid voting yes for this after voting no for the last one
c mon folks wake up and smell the coffee they will be back with a better one!

that 25 cents I would get isnt going to make or break me

on the funny side I just got cheap suits form letter in the mail from the website

last August. "

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,

I don't recall any such language prior to this...nor can I find anything in the archives. Whould you post the entire letter for me? Thanks

Anyone out there know what the schedule times for the informational meetings are? The meetings start today and my station is tommorrow and nobody has any info. I have alot of questions to ask.

I am ashamed to say that I belong to this union not only because of the way the Union handles the business but because of the public display of weakness. If you don't think the company and the union read these boards then just ask Shocker, Super Shocker, whatever other shocker you want to call him and other posters with simular motives. I love the internet but it is the biggest enemy we have when negotiating. All we have to do is show a smige of weakness and the sharks come out. Have you ever played poker with all the cards face up? Yes you have because your doing it now.

I would love to be your car salesman or your real estate person. Maybe even play a game of poker or two. I could make some big jing!

The only union that I belonged to that had any ba!!$ was the Teamsters. They were in your face not up your a$$. This union says how far can I stick my tongue...................!

I don't care what the mechanics got, the Customer Service Agents got, what the pilots get, what the Flight Attendants get. I do care what other agents doing the same work for other airlines get especially what the non-union people get. The non union people at CO get more now than we will get after the end of this RAG and we pay union dues for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.