Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbedagain--

This contract eliminates the 60 day rule for any future furloughs. Having said that, I have 30 years, I have never been effected by this rule and being in a very high senior station neither have my friends.

And if you think the IAM "goons" and US mgmt is going to re-look at this contract your crazy. They could give a sh&% about Fleet.

Any merger can & will happen without Fleet coming to an agreement. Fleet is not a road block for anything this comapny wants.

Also use periods in the future as your posts are hard for me to read....I am an old guy remember.

ALSO...kmsurvey....Texas holdem' good for you?

Your call but I think you would be better at solitare or UNO LOL!!!!

Chill,
I am originally West and I totally understand about Patience, I have a bunch of it. But I know my former crew in LAS and PHX for that matter don't. I believe they will vote yes, and If what I've been reading for months is correct, it won't matter because as the east goes, so goes the vote.
But I wouldn't be surprised if the T/A was voted in by people thinking about their current situations.
Right. The East saved the West once before, I hope we are able to return the favor!

And I'm not saying you or anybody else don't have any patience, I'm just asking you all to consider the Easts arguments as well.

We WILL get our payraises either way! I think we can thank Ron for being vocal in these regards.

kmsurvey---

I was probably chalking planes while you were poppin' pimples. And I happen to be very good at solitaire, thank you!

Hey tim , lets say the NO vote does pass , what then is the plan ?

I’m assuming your going to say we will send in the new direction team …

I’m now wondering what the new direction team will do ? Let’s say they begin talks immediately with the company and end up shooting for industry standard pay that’s around the middle of the pack …. As I see it they would only have ONE playing card , and that’s the COC , so what if that doesn’t work eh ? What if the company truly DOESN’T attach any or much value to the COC ?

Then the new direction team would have to start section 6 right ? At the rate we’re going by the time section 6 is open to us , IF the government were to even grant it to us , I think the east’s contact would finally be up for renewal ..

Of course thou by that time we’re in the middle of what the “experts†tell us is going to be one of the worst recessions in generations , and remember that’s not me talking . So what’s their plan going to be then ?

You know the only thing that bothers me when people talk about voting no is I don’t hear any plans or alternatives coming from them other than “send it back , the company will offer more “ , that’s not so much a plan as it is desperate hope in my view .
good question. I will have an informational website up so that all can unpack the issues and where to go from here. Look for it to be up sometime mid/late week.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

kmsurvey---

I was probably chalking planes while you were poppin' pimples. And I happen to be very good at solitaire, thank you!

LOL....... Dude! I graduated 1969 and then to Agony Airlines and the only thing you were chalking planes on was a chalk board in elementary school at that time. LOL!!!!! And when you play solitare all the cards aren't face up! UNO!

Just remember "Normal Negotiations" can start in 2009 when the East's bankruptcy contract is up.

I wonder what the state of the economy will be at that time ……

Hmmmmm I wonder what all of the financial annalists are saying ?

I think it would be a mistake to discount all of the information that we have at hand concerning future trends in this country and the aviation industry at large .When voting brothers and sisters you need to use your own commons sense in sorting things out , as for myself when I see the future I see very dismal economic times ahead for us in this country and our industry .

People are already cutting back their travel as we speak , I for one don’t travel as much as I used too and when it comes time to do any driving I try to hit up multiple joints in one trip .

HAHA Graduated in 69?

I seriously need to come out there and work with you guys, I bet it looks like Michael Jacksons thriller video HAHAHHA!

I love you old guys, I have so much respect for you! I can't even keep a job for 3 years and you've been doing it for 14 times as long!

Look, something needs to be said about the West, and I'll refer to Mr. Canales statement:

They will only consider a straight transition of West employees.... Ok GOOD! So maybe the West won't have to wait until '09 to see results. They could brew something up in another MONTH and we are set for '09! THEN we can think more rationally about things like selling out field stations and profit sharing.

Patience friend. There is no silver bullet to our problems in the West. It will still be another 8 months before we are parody with the East if this thing goes through. As we have suffered with low wages, our East brothers have suffered through bankruptcies, layoffs, shady CEO's and old age! (haha sorry)

Chill...I cut and pasted this from the CBA of 2005. I want to make sure their is no gray in regards to your statement to lump the West into the East

Article 3 - Recognition and Scope

A. In accordance with Certification Case No. R-6248 by the
National Mediation Board, the Company recognizes that
Company Fleet Service work defined by this agreement shall
be performed by employees as described in the article
entitled Classifications.
B. In the attached (Attachment C) listing of stations served by
US Airways Inc., each station is identified as either a Class I
or Class II for the purposes of applying this agreement.
Changes in classification of stations will based on the
timeframe outlined below. Stations classifications are
defined as follows:

1. Class I stations shall be those stations that have one
hundred forty (140) or more mainline scheduled jet
departures weekly.

(a) In Class I stations, work which comes within
the Fleet Service Classification as described
in Classification Article Paragraphs A.1,
A.2, B, and C will be performed by
employees covered by this agreement except
where such work has been contracted out as
of the effective date of this agreement.

(B) In Class I stations, work coming within the
Fleet Service Classification as described in
Classification Article Paragraph A.3, may be
contracted out except that catering functions
as described in the Classification Article
paragraph A.3 may not be contracted out in
PIT, CLT, PHL, DCA and BWI.

© In Class I stations, work which comes within
the Fleet Service Classification as described
in Classification article Paragraph A.4 may
be contracted out without restriction.

(d) When a Class II city becomes a Class I city
as provided for in paragraph B.4 below, all
work which is described in the Classification
Article paragraph A.1, will be performed by
employees covered by this agreement within
ninety (90) days of the change of Class.
With regard to all other work, the provisions
of paragraph B.1 will apply, except that
work contracted out as of the effective date
of the change in station class may continue
to be contracted out.
2. Class II Stations: Class II stations shall be those
stations that have more than sixty nine (69)
scheduled jet departures weekly and fewer than one
hundred forty (140) scheduled mainline jet
departures weekly were the Company currently has
fleet service staffing.

(a) The Company reserves the right to contract
out work covered by this agreement in Class
II stations provided that such subcontracting
does not directly result in the furlough to the
street of any full-time IAM represented
employee whose name appears on the
seniority list as a full-time employee on the
as of April 5, 1999. This provision will not
apply to employees who fail to exercise their
seniority to the fullest extent possible to any
full-time position offered on the system.
(B) Other non-covered employees in Class II
stations may perform work which comes
within the fleet service classification,
provided such work does not exceed twenty
five percent (25%) of their scheduled work
hours, on a quarterly basis. The Company
will not use this provision in a manner
which directly results in an increase in the
number of positions in another craft or class
and a corresponding decrease in the number
of fleet service craft or class positions.

© Stations established after April 5, 1999, may
be outsourced without restrictions.

(d) In Class II stations, work which comes
within the Fleet Service Classification which
was contracted out as of April 5, 1999, may
continue to be contracted out without
restriction.

3. The Company may outsource all fleet service work
at stations with sixty-nine (69) or fewer scheduled
mainline weekly departures.

4. Change in Station Classification:

(a) Changes in city classification shall be based
on a twelve-(12) month weekly average,
with the average to be calculated each year
on April 5. All calculations for scheduled
mainline jet departures will be based on US
Airways, Inc., jet departures only, and
excluding any aircraft with a seating
configuration of sixty nine (69) or fewer
seats.

(B) Should a Class I station’s scheduled
mainline weekly jet departures be reduced to
a level below one hundred and nineteen
(119)on an annualized basis, such station
shall become a Class II station.

Should a Class II station's scheduled
mainline weekly jet departures increase to
more than one-hundred and seventy five
(175) on an annualized basis, such station
shall become a Class I station.

© Should a Class II station’s scheduled
mainline weekly jet departures be reduced to
a level of 56 weekly departures on an
annualized basis, the Company may
outsource fleet service work in that station.

(d) Should an outsourced station’s weekly
mainline departures increase to more than 98
weekly departures on an annualized basis,
such station shall become a Class II station.

C. It is understood that the Company reserves the right to
contract out work, subject to the terms of this Agreement,
when the Company's personnel, equipment or facilities are
not sufficient or available.

D. Fleet service work covered by this agreement will not
include US Airways Express operations, or any regional jet
operations by the Company, except when and where so
directed.

E. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, employees
not covered by this agreement shall not perform work
covered by this agreement, other than in cases of irregular
airport operations, emergencies, or for the purpose of
instructing or training employees. A situation shall not be
deemed to be an emergency within the meaning of this
paragraph where scheduled or overtime employees are
reasonably available to adequately handle the requirement.

F. The Union recognizes that the Company shall have sole
jurisdiction, subject to the terms of this agreement, over the
management and operation of its business, the direction of
its working force, the right to establish rules and regulations,
to maintain efficiency in its place of employment, and the
right of the Company to hire, promote, demote, select for
training, discipline and discharge employees. It is agreed that
the rights listed here shall not be deemed to exclude other
pre-existing rights of management not listed which do not
conflict with other provisions of this agreement.

G. The Company may use contractors to perform fleet service
work where company Charters are operated into non-IAM
represented cities.

kmsurvey--

If you been around that long than I would think you would have better arguments for your cause than naming games. That last post was your 7th and I haven't read a rational argument coming from you yet. You just keep talking about how ignorant we all must be b/c we see the sense in voting this T/A in....you just want to play poker with all of us who you seem to think are so ignorant.

If you want a healthy debate than debate.

Yes you could 700 , I wasn’t advocating such a thing , but merely pointing out the fact that these guys out there they don’t want it bad enough .

PHX has fought longer and in my opinion harder than anyone else out there , it would just be a shame to see all of our effort wasted .

FWIW: there's alot, or should I say "Tons" of lies and misinformation out there right now being spread by Canale. I received one MR email that was forwarded to me by a concerned brother. Her email was sooooooo misinformed in regards to the 19 stations that I broke out in a laugh.

It was quite clear to me that her intention was to lie and spread fear. I will share her email up on the web 'to root her out' and put forth objective information that shows her ignorance that is most likely being fueled by her personal agenda. We should have all these lies straightened out soon enough.

The website should be up and running by midweek so the masses can have information from both sides.

regards,
Tim Nelson

FWIW: there's alot, or should I say "Tons" of lies and misinformation out there right now being spread by Canale. I received one MR email that was forwarded to me by a concerned brother. Her email was sooooooo misinformed in regards to the 19 stations that I broke out in a laugh.

It was quite clear to me that her intention was to lie and spread fear. I will share her email up on the web 'to root her out' and put forth objective information that shows her ignorance that is most likely being fueled by her personal agenda. We should have all these lies straightened out soon enough.

The website should be up and running by midweek so the masses can have information from both sides.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Yes you could 700 , I wasn’t advocating such a thing , but merely pointing out the fact that these guys out there they don’t want it bad enough .

PHX has fought longer and in my opinion harder than anyone else out there , it would just be a shame to see all of our effort wasted .
Yes you can and you can be terminated on the spot, guess you forgot about AA's Pilot union getting fined $45 Million for a sickout.

Read your CBA, it prohibits a wildcat strike and airlines have used the courts to punish unions for sickout, AA and UA both did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back