Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive talked to many people in PHX and it really seems like an overwhelming YES. Nobody cares about the 60 day rule or the other field stations. It is an acceptable sacrifice. The only thing that upsets people is the 26 shift trades, which they think nobody has the ability to enforce. Afterall, nobody makes sure people work the minimum amount of hours each month.

I'll do more to express what BS the 60 day rule and outsourcing is, but it will be talking to a brick wall.

I don't think the 60 day rule is fair, and I am still outraged over the profit sharing, so I'm voting no in solidarity with my friends in the East.

They can keep their weak dollar raise, I get grant money for school anyways!

----Thanks to Joe Dirty butt for helping me clarify some of the language!

Anyone out there know what the schedule times for the informational meetings are? The meetings start today and my station is tommorrow and nobody has any info. I have alot of questions to ask.

I don't care what the mechanics got, the Customer Service Agents got, what the pilots get, what the Flight Attendants get. I do care what other agents doing the same work for other airlines get especially what the non-union people get. The non union people at CO get more now than we will get after the end of this RAG and we pay union dues for this!

Thanks for the post! It's awesome that you cut through the BS to expose the gist of our arguments.

Please continue!!!!

I don't think the 60 day rule is fair, and I am still outraged over the profit sharing, so I'm voting no in solidarity with my friends in the East.

Hey Chill out.....just to let you know not all your friends in the East are voting no....granted I don't work in a hub but everyone down my way is voting YES.

Also...in regard to your "outrage" over the profit sharing....call me crazy but I'd rather give up my piddly $840 (after taxes) profit sharing check for a $3k + year raise. (Yes that is for top out but hell most easties are top out!) Not to mention getting doubletime back. Again...not a great or close to great contract but better than the garbage we've been stick with forever it seems!

The non union people at CO get more now than we will get after the end of this RAG and we pay union dues for this!

That's how they keep unions away....same at Delta....pay slightly above union wages and nobody balks. Essentially our unions and others keep their pay higher without union dues. This is non disputable, my wife worked for Delta for years.

That's how they keep unions away....same at Delta....pay slightly above union wages and nobody balks. Essentially our unions and others keep their pay higher without union dues. This is non disputable, my wife worked for Delta for years.

Then CO doesn't even have to give raises at the end of 2011 because they will still be higher! Like I said I would love to play poker will some of you. My pair will always beat your full house! Yeah and I raise!

i gues giantfan you want to see large numbers of your friends thrown out the door and then get stuck with a 60 day rule that ONLY FLEET HAS and of course ONLY FLEET GIVES UP the PROFIT SHARING while everyone else collects and extra few hundred to few thousand bucks in their pay checks Hemmingway and crooks with Canale and Crooks need to get off their LAZY butts and get a better deal one that has NO 60 DAY RULE If CO and DL can top out higher than us, or may be even NW AA and UA have higher wages than us it goes to show that FLEET SERIVCE is only group not to gain respect from the iam goons and from the clowns of US mgmt Now is the time to tell them to take the contract and shove it up where the sun dont shine that contract was designed strictly to get a merger or aquisiton put in place

chill,
"The only thing that upsets people is the 26 shift trades, which they think nobody has the ability to enforce. Afterall, nobody makes sure people work the minimum amount of hours each month."

workbrain will take care of that . once you hit your max it won't allow you to put in another swap .

robbedagain--

This contract eliminates the 60 day rule for any future furloughs. Having said that, I have 30 years, I have never been effected by this rule and being in a very high senior station neither have my friends.

And if you think the IAM "goons" and US mgmt is going to re-look at this contract your crazy. They could give a sh&% about Fleet.

Any merger can & will happen without Fleet coming to an agreement. Fleet is not a road block for anything this comapny wants.

Also use periods in the future as your posts are hard for me to read....I am an old guy remember.

ALSO...kmsurvey....Texas holdem' good for you?

chill,
"The only thing that upsets people is the 26 shift trades, which they think nobody has the ability to enforce. Afterall, nobody makes sure people work the minimum amount of hours each month."

workbrain will take care of that . once you hit your max it won't allow you to put in another swap .

Yeah, but customer service in PHX complained and petitioned and they got some rules changed. Now trade for trade doesn't count.

Fleet service in PHX will start burning bags if they cant trade!

We will see just how unified we are when the smaller stations are kicked to the curb. Yeah, I agree with you guys, this union isn't doing what it's supposed to do!

I really don't expect EVERYBODY across the system to vote NO because of this though, but it sucks our union would even make us vote on such an issue!

And another thing- It's unfair that PHX is being held hostage from any real benefits because the East has the majority, and get pi$$ed off at the west for accepting a "concessionary" contract. Maybe this TA needs to get shot down because of the lack of benefits it would provide to both sides of the membership. Don't be so foolish as to believe that the company won't come back to the table before '09 anyways East guys!

Let the IAM negotiate for the WEST. We will take whatever happens in negotiations when they go back and bring us to your level, THEN you will have our full support on the language on 60 day, and outsourcing. That is our only chance at being unified.

exactly pitt they are crying wolf, like Oman said do you expect them to say "hey if you don't like that one we'll get back to you with another one" of course they will say this is our final offer,just as the car salesman does ,then you walk off .a few days later the salesman calls

personally I'd feel pretty stupid voting yes for this after voting no for the last one
c mon folks wake up and smell the coffee they will be back with a better one!

that 25 cents I would get isnt going to make or break me

on the funny side I just got cheap suits form letter in the mail from the website
Gee that’s funny , I remember someone saying the exact same thing you just said now ,last September ! that contract sure doesn’t look much improved , what makes you think it will get any better ?

Why cltrat would they come back with anything better ?

You DO know who’s responsible for this lousy contract don’t you ? Why yes friends , it’s US ! That’s right , all of you can blame our union negotiators s as much as you want , and when the next crew takes over you can continue to blame them as well . I ask those of you reading this , what have you done ? Do you guys remember that sick out ? Oh wait , WE NEVER HAD ONE … what about those wild cat strike ? OH THAT’S RIGHT DIDN’T OCCUR …. Remember when our work slowdown made the news ? OH THAT’S RIGHT WE DIDN’T DO THAT EITHER ! Do you guys remember when we coordinated using us avation.com and had system wide protests ? OH WE WERE TOO LAZY TO DO THAT WE’RENT WE???? OPPS!!!

Face it brothers and sisters , for too long many of you have sat drinking your coffee hunched over your laptops checking the us airways message board rather than doing anything concrete to make your anger FELT , and brothers and sisters , installing a new NC won’t provide new results if the membership is weak …that’s akin to having a sick race horse that runs like molasses and then blaming the jockey and installing a new jockey to get the sick slow horse to run faster …

We’re really STRONG when it comes to blaming our own union leaders and installing new ones , we show up in droves for the voting , but where are those same droves when it’s time to protest eh ? Where does the solidarity go when it’s time to face the company ? (probably sleeping in or watching TV I bet )

Those of you who cry out for more , are you actually prepared to do the work that’s REQUIRED for more ? Do you expect this company to just give you more just because you CRY that you want it ?

This contract reflects the amount of effort the membership has put into achieving it .

I understand we are all in a UNION together and the word UNION is self explanatory. But what we must remember that we are all INDIVIDUALS first and we have INDIVIDUAL needs.
I can see reasons to vote nay and reasons to vote yea. But I don't think we should tell anyone else how to vote. I feel for all lost stations, I might be working in one as we speak.
But I must say if I were working in in a hub(which I did) and working a ton of OT(Which I have) and still barely scraping by right now, a 8% raise would be very hard to vote down. My family comes first and if it comes to choosing between my kid who is hungry or needs clothes for school and a person I don't know in a field station, the choice is easy.
Our INDIVIDUAL families come first and I believe people will vote the way that best benefits their situation, not for some anonymous person they may never meet.
I respect all my co-workers that I work with. I don't understand were all of the love for "Our Brothers/Sisters" came from. I'm still wondering why my "Brothers/Sisters" can't send me a plane loaded correctly. A badly loaded plane says a lot about how we feel about each other. I don't that point can be refuted.

Knees, I am going to assume from your post that you are West. Think about the families you may have the potential of displacing if this thing is voted in. What about THEIR families?

What about our east bretheren who are stuck in the 60 day language who have to go directly to jail, do not collect 200 dollars!
THEY START FRESH! That is hardly a liveable wage, and undeserving of people who have been loyal to their company for YEARS! It would be different for people who are there for 1 or 2 years.

Look, something needs to be said about the West, and I'll refer to Mr. Canales statement:

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

They will only consider a straight transition of West employees.... Ok GOOD! So maybe the West won't have to wait until '09 to see results. They could brew something up in another MONTH and we are set for '09!
THEN we can think more rationally about things like selling out field stations and profit sharing.

Patience friend. There is no silver bullet to our problems in the West. It will still be another 8 months before we are parody with the East if this thing goes through. As we have suffered with low wages, our East brothers have suffered through bankruptcies, layoffs, shady CEO's and old age! (haha sorry)

Chill,
I am originally West and I totally understand about Patience, I have a bunch of it. But I know my former crew in LAS and PHX for that matter don't. I believe they will vote yes, and If what I've been reading for months is correct, it won't matter because as the east goes, so goes the vote.
But I wouldn't be surprised if the T/A was voted in by people thinking about their current situations.

Joe, the mechanics did get a 10% across the board. The fact is that everyone around us have gotten a helluva lot more than fleet service, according to this TA. I will have the information posted sometime in the middle of the week and then link it with my postings. The east will be a commanding No vote for sure. PHX is adamantly for this. Most of the 19 voted 90%+ last time but I think we will see a movement closer to a No vote from those stations.

{so on and so forth }

Time will tell and we will know by May 8th.

{so on and so fort}

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Hey tim , lets say the NO vote does pass , what then is the plan ?

I’m assuming your going to say we will send in the new direction team …

I’m now wondering what the new direction team will do ? Let’s say they begin talks immediately with the company and end up shooting for industry standard pay that’s around the middle of the pack …. As I see it they would only have ONE playing card , and that’s the COC , so what if that doesn’t work eh ? What if the company truly DOESN’T attach any or much value to the COC ?

Then the new direction team would have to start section 6 right ? At the rate we’re going by the time section 6 is open to us , IF the government were to even grant it to us , I think the east’s contact would finally be up for renewal ..

Of course thou by that time we’re in the middle of what the “experts†tell us is going to be one of the worst recessions in generations , and remember that’s not me talking . So what’s their plan going to be then ?

You know the only thing that bothers me when people talk about voting no is I don’t hear any plans or alternatives coming from them other than “send it back , the company will offer more “ , that’s not so much a plan as it is desperate hope in my view .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts