Flexed Over Benefits

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 6:26:28 PM twaokc wrote:
[P]KCFlyer[BR][BR]What is the name of the drug that costs that much???[BR]Thanks[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Enbril. [/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 6:26:28 PM twaokc wrote:
[P]KCFlyer[BR][BR]What is the name of the drug that costs that much???[BR]Thanks[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Enbril. [/P]

KCFlyer

RV4 - with all due respect - welcome to the real world. I've worked for 4 different companies in the past 10 years and you know something...there were some drugs that weren't covered by ANY policy. My wife suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. There's a "miracle drug" out there that costs about 10 grand a year. My insurance won't cover it. I have always had to pay between $150 to $200 a month for family insurance coverage, I pay an $18 copay for "preferred" drugs and much more if the drug is "preferred" by my doctor rather than my insurance company.

You can blow some of these changes up to be as big and bad as you want. Your company isn't knocking on the BK judges door, and IMHO, your company will be one of the last airlines to do so. Things are changing, and there isn't a perfect company anywhere in this world...even if you start your own company...SOMETHINGS going to get under your skin.

What is the name of the drug that costs that much???
Thanks

KCFlyer

RV4 - with all due respect - welcome to the real world. I've worked for 4 different companies in the past 10 years and you know something...there were some drugs that weren't covered by ANY policy. My wife suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. There's a "miracle drug" out there that costs about 10 grand a year. My insurance won't cover it. I have always had to pay between $150 to $200 a month for family insurance coverage, I pay an $18 copay for "preferred" drugs and much more if the drug is "preferred" by my doctor rather than my insurance company.

You can blow some of these changes up to be as big and bad as you want. Your company isn't knocking on the BK judges door, and IMHO, your company will be one of the last airlines to do so. Things are changing, and there isn't a perfect company anywhere in this world...even if you start your own company...SOMETHINGS going to get under your skin.

What is the name of the drug that costs that much???
Thanks

RV4

Spouse's and dependents are covered under the mail order plan. I will agree it is nothing compared to the OLD TWA plan, it sure beats nothing.

RV4

Spouse's and dependents are covered under the mail order plan. I will agree it is nothing compared to the OLD TWA plan, it sure beats nothing.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 3:48:36 PM RV4 wrote:
[P][STRONG]WNP[BR]The crow is not cooked be careful.[BR][BR]My family prescriptions and not available in generic and are also not available via the mail order list.[BR][BR][/STRONG]TAmaflu most likely isn't available in the mail order list. That's the drug that wasn't covered that started this thread, wasn't it?[BR][BR][STRONG]I am glad someone you know is not hurting. [BR][BR]But that does not help everyone. [BR][BR]And one friend's experience is no reason to celebrate with a plate full of uncooked crow.[BR][BR]Bob, I hope your son is doing better now.[BR][BR]I have a friend who quit taking his blood pressure medicine as an act of defiance. Regardless of how foolish this sounds, I hope he doesn't have a stroke or heart attack in my presence or anywhere else for that matter. And I suspect his medical bills and/or life insurance will cost AA much more in the long run.[BR][/STRONG][BR]Before your friend kills himself over the rising cost of health care, why not have him ask his friends in other industries what THEY pay for health care and benefits. [BR][BR][STRONG]I also have another friend...[BR][BR]...his wife attempted mail order preseciprtions so they dont break their bank account. She was told that spouses/dependents are NOT allowed mail order prescriptions ONLY the employee.[BR][BR][/STRONG]I don't buy this one. Is the wife covered under his plan? My wife is on my policy (which I pay considerably more per month for) and we have had no problems at all getting mail order prescriptions. Better yet, why not try to have YOUR wife try to order one of her prescriptions via mail order. Then you can be sure of what you've got. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 3:48:36 PM RV4 wrote:
[P][STRONG]WNP[BR]The crow is not cooked be careful.[BR][BR]My family prescriptions and not available in generic and are also not available via the mail order list.[BR][BR][/STRONG]TAmaflu most likely isn't available in the mail order list. That's the drug that wasn't covered that started this thread, wasn't it?[BR][BR][STRONG]I am glad someone you know is not hurting. [BR][BR]But that does not help everyone. [BR][BR]And one friend's experience is no reason to celebrate with a plate full of uncooked crow.[BR][BR]Bob, I hope your son is doing better now.[BR][BR]I have a friend who quit taking his blood pressure medicine as an act of defiance. Regardless of how foolish this sounds, I hope he doesn't have a stroke or heart attack in my presence or anywhere else for that matter. And I suspect his medical bills and/or life insurance will cost AA much more in the long run.[BR][/STRONG][BR]Before your friend kills himself over the rising cost of health care, why not have him ask his friends in other industries what THEY pay for health care and benefits. [BR][BR][STRONG]I also have another friend...[BR][BR]...his wife attempted mail order preseciprtions so they dont break their bank account. She was told that spouses/dependents are NOT allowed mail order prescriptions ONLY the employee.[BR][BR][/STRONG]I don't buy this one. Is the wife covered under his plan? My wife is on my policy (which I pay considerably more per month for) and we have had no problems at all getting mail order prescriptions. Better yet, why not try to have YOUR wife try to order one of her prescriptions via mail order. Then you can be sure of what you've got. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]