Frontier to buy Spirit: New Representation elections

Entirely different situation. AA was in bankruptcy and the unions at AA were on the unsecured creditors committee if I recall so they had veto rights over anything that was going to happen. Shareholders had no rights in bankruptcy.

Frankly, the way the market has been heading, Spirit's board is opening themselves up to shareholder suits if they don't give the JBLU bid a fair consideration. The value of the airline has dropped along with the market and the rise in fuel prices.

Taking it to a tender offer is indeed risky, but nobody holding an airline stock is getting a payday anytime soon. If JetBlue offers enough to entice 50%+1 shareholders to sell their shares to JBLU, it's game over.
I would agree to the point of, JB needs to UP their offer, otherwise I see the SH's going with Frontier.

Interesting quote in this article stating that Spirit will remain a separate entity if the shareholders reject the Frontier offer. But, in same article the CEO states that he is very positive that the shareholders will approve the Frontier bid over the JB bid.

ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

Spirits management just opened a beautiful big door. AMFA's legal team just put the NMB on notice of the interference by Director of Maint @ Spirit. This will be the perfect storm if the first election fails to get enough cards, which it shouldn't as there were overwhelming card signers covering both carriers looking to merge.
Not sure if Spirit Management is aware of these rules as this would be the first time a union gets in at Spirit for the Mechanics. There will be some growing pains going forward and this was just one of them. I tip my hat to AMFA legal for not holding up the election process unless absolutely needed after the tally is completed.

Next you add a full cup of "drama" and stir vigorously, until thoroughly blended in.
Keeps getting more and more interesting (at least in the media outlets) :)

Well, Well, this may very well seal the deal for Frontier now. JB more than likely left out of the merger world yet again. Frontier and Spirit ink additions to the deal by adding a termination payment in the amount of $250 million if merger does not go thru. That's a $50 million increase over the JB termination fee. I am now highly confident in a Frontier and Spirit hookup.
Spirit when you Mechanics and related get the word from the NMB for an election and receive those ballots, let's get a very large turnout and vote for AMFA representation so that that you guys go into this merger with Frontier fully represented as you Mechanics will be facing a very, very corrupt union on the other side of the table. However, with the overwhelming card drive numbers at Spirit easily outweighing even including the Frontier mechanic numbers it should be a no brainer that AMFA shall prevail the winning entity after the merger is completed. So get those ballots in quickly so AMFA can show Spirit Mechanics as well as Frontier Mechanics how a Class and Craft union is a superior representation of the Mechanics and Related where they only focus on one group, the Mechanics and Related, period.

Come Fri of this next week we shall see what the BOD decides on the Spirit/Frontier merger. Pretty sure since Frontier revised offer with the termination fee added it will prevail to all the shareholders. JB is wrong is suggesting their offer is superior, the only advantage to the JB offer compared to Frontiers is the timing that the shareholders will get paid as all. Patients will pay off in the long run with the Frontier offer and they know this.

Heads up Spirit Mechanics;
Should be hearing from the NMB soon on possible vote to bring in AMFA as your representative union. Having a Class and Craft union during the merger will pay off quickly when merging the two Mechanic groups.
Some are already hearing the Frontier Mechanics are eager to change over to AMFA, as they too, are sick and tired of the crooked teamsters not representing their issues. Good luck to all, you guys have a lot on your plate right now, and don't listen to all the rhetoric, lies, and made up stories about AMFA, do your own homework and see for yourself.

Here we go again. JetBlue throws, what appears to be, a superior bid for a JetBlue/Spirit tie up. And oh so close to the vote date deadline, interesting. Will this throw a monkey wrench into the Frontier/Spirit planned Merger??
So a JetBlue/Spirit merger would be approx 3-5% larger than Frontier/Spirit Merger, and would better benefit AA in it's Alliance they are moving forward on with JetBlue. The biggest hiccup at this point will be regulatory approval for sure. At this point I begin to wonder if AA has their input on this merger talks ahead of the shareholders vote. In other words, is AA financing the added $$$ for the superior offer now??? Definitely getting more interesting.
I also think that a JB/Spirit Merger would better benefit AMFA's current card drive and possible representational election @ Spirit and would fly thru easier with a JB/Spirit Merger than a Frontier/Spirit Merger as Frontier is represented by another industrial union, and would have to do another vote when combined. Be interesting to hear from Frontier as well as Spirit about this newly improved offer from JetBlue at the last minute...

AA stands to lose its agreement with B6 so no, they ain't funding squat....

I assume you are referring to the suit by regulators. Your not saying that AA stands to lose the JB agreement due to the JB/Spirit possible merger right? Just checking.

This is probably the first positive (in JB's favor) I've seen thus far after the 3rd offer from JB to Spirit. Now what will Frontier do???

Now that Spirit has put off the shareholder vote until end of month now, that'll give you Spirit Mechanics more time to bring in AMFA (after the NMB approves election) before any merger is done by either Frontier or JetBlue.
JB's newly improved offer may get it put at the top of the list for consideration, we shall see after they review everything. Also wondering if Frontier will throw out any kind of counter offer to the JB one? Really not even sure Frontier would want to.
At least, if the Spirit BOD ends up moving towards the JB offer, the Mechanic's will have a much easier and smoother integration as AMFA has filed with the NMB for an AMFA representational election @ Spirit and there is a current drive @ JetBlue for their Mechanics as well as Maint Controllers, Mechanics are already onboard with a vote and they are just collecting a few more cards from the MC's to file for that election with the NMB.
Taking a little more time with the merger(s) will give the Mechanics a chance to get full representation in place to get prepared to integrate Mechanics from both airlines of whomever gets to purchase Spirit in the end.
Hopefully Spirit and JetBlue will follow Sun Country Mechanics who just elected AMFA in as their representational union for their Class and Craft, congrats to all them for a wise choice in representation...

National President's Letter Welcoming Sun Country Airlines Technician and Related Professionals
June 8, 2022 -- You should be extremely proud of your accomplishments thus far in becoming unionized. You all have been through a lot these last years, and we look forward to helping you control your own destiny and fix the many problems you have expressed. AMFA is honored to represent you at Sun Country Airlines (SCA). Following is a quick synopsis of what to expect next.
Read More

Hey Spirit, wake the hell up and tell JetBlue to put it in writing that they would forgo the NEA in order to get the JetBlue/Spirit merger done, as stated in this article below. The question then would be, would JB be willing to put that in writing ahead of a suit already files and a Judge blessing it to move forward, I would seriously doubt that they are willing to do that. But, Spirit needs to put them on the spot and ask for it in writing. If JB really does want it bad enough, let's see...

Frontier is now asking Spirit BOD for yet another (4th) extension of the merger vote. Asking to be moved further out to 7-27-22 from the 15th. Now it's both Frontier and Spirit saying they do not have enough support from the shareholders to move forward with a vote and need more time to convince shareholders. Also take note that Frontier is now saying "last, best and final offer" not so sure they really want to state that, JB may take a last shot at an ever so slight improvement that would be no sweat off their brow just to keep the shareholders in their corner. Frontier is being $$$ smart not to overpay too much, however, we will see just how bad they want the Spirit merger...

I also like the Frontier statement to pull back their "matching" clause should Spirit indicate they would prefer to go with the JetBlue offer, and just by pulling that statement would much benefit Frontier should the shareholders vote to go with JB and it get shot down by regulators and then Frontier steps in and gets the merger done with a less offer and back to their original offer amount (smart thinking Frontier)

Frontier can't beat the offer without offering cash, and they aren't in a position to find anyone willing to give up cash for a deal, so they have to rely on traditional Democrat election policy, which is to find a way to keep counting votes until they have enough to win...

Sucks to be AA right now. They're about to lose a bunch of domestic feed that might prove difficult to replace.

If you are referring to what might have to be given up in order for a JB/Spirit merger to get approved, I would agree. The NEA I see as being a big one along with other routes and flights they are so use to having.
Getting more and more interesting watching the shareholders butt heads with Spirit's recommendation of a Frontier hook up. Not to mention the added Mechanics groups adding unionization and more than likely across 3 different airlines soon starting with Spirit first. The JB Mechanics may wanna step up their card collection so not to go into the integration process unrepresented against a well Class and Craft represented Mechanics group at Spirit once the votes are counted.
In the end, it could leave Frontier out of the merging world this time, and I know SWA would still be interested once again to look at Frontier and maybe the Pilots will learn this time to work more friendly with others as it killed the deal last time.

Another big hard NO for the Frontier deal. More support now moving in JetBlue's favor by the third biggest shareholding co. Maybe JetBlue won't get left out this time around folks. Now the question if JB wins, what does frontier do, or who else may want to purchase Frontier??? Hmmmm...