HEY MR. OUR PAY!

No, that's not what I am saying Mr. Miserable, I am saying, it is what it is, quit your griping, get over it, and yes I am going to say it again....if you don't like it leave, move on, OR....get a MBA become an executive at a company and reap the benefits that comes with the job as it does at every other fortune 500 company.

One can never get over getting raped while the rapist enjoys the rewards! It is amazing how you defend these executives who rape all employess but pad their own pockets because of theis "MARKET RATE" that is determined by their own peers............
And if getting an MBA means I get to F*** employees out of wages, benefits and pensions and basically their lives so I can fatten my own wallet, no thanks!
I'll leave the greed to people like you look down on the working man and woman. I'll leave it to people like you who feel something called an MBA entitles you to F*** people....you know the types--------KEN LAY, DENNIS KOZLOWSKI AND DON CARTY!

One can never get over getting raped while the rapist enjoys the rewards! It is amazing how you defend these executives who rape all employess but pad their own pockets because of theis "MARKET RATE" THAT IS DEFINED BU THEIR PEERS!
And if getting an MBA means I can get to F*** employees out of wages, benefits and pensions so I can fatten my own wallet, no thanks!
I'll leave the greed to people like you look down on the owrking man and woman!

Enjoy your life living in the status quo! I am not looking down on the "owrking" man and woman, it's the USA, you have the right to move on and make what you want out of life. Quit #####@g about the system and move on if you have to make more money, if that is what is important to you Mr. Pessimistic

Enjoy your life living in the status quo! I am not looking down on the "owrking" man and woman, it's the USA, you have the right to move on and make what you want out of life. Quit #####@g about the system and move on if you have to make more money, if that is what is important to you Mr. Pessimistic

You fail to miss my point. I have never said executives should not be compensated accordingly. I do not believe that ARPEY and CO. should receive anything to the tune of 23% while we are still $21 billion in debt while preaching "WE STILL NEED TO CUT COSTS"

How about this, golfer: If ARPEY & CO. fell they are underpaid, why don't they "QUIT IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT HERE OR FEEL THEY ARE UNDERPAID AND GO ELSEWHERE"

They are so valuable that they get obscene increases and stock options because the company had one profitable quarter?

This has nothing to do with one having an MBA...Nothing at all...
This is about finally breaking the backs of the average airline worker..Them telling us about "Shared Sacriice" and Arpey gets 23% increase in pay?

My advice to you Imagolfer...

Keep your pie hole sealed!

Sheesh. With attitudes like these, AA is clearly starting to follow in BN, EA, and PA's footsteps, and I thank God I'm not stuck on a ship of fools prepared to crater the company just to "send a message to the fat cats".... I've got news for you -- Arpey won't feel the pain when you crater the company. Neither will those with the MBA's and Finance degrees -- they'll walk into other jobs and probably get raises in the process.

Deep down, you know you're getting a decent wage and benefits for the skills you bring to the table. Otherwise, you'd be foolish to stay in a job where you're underpaid and/or overworked.

Sheesh. With attitudes like these, AA is clearly starting to follow in BN, EA, and PA's footsteps, and I thank God I'm not stuck on a ship of fools prepared to crater the company just to "send a message to the fat cats".... I've got news for you -- Arpey won't feel the pain when you crater the company. Neither will those with the MBA's and Finance degrees -- they'll walk into other jobs and probably get raises in the process.

Deep down, you know you're getting a decent wage and benefits for the skills you bring to the table. Otherwise, you'd be foolish to stay in a job where you're underpaid and/or overworked.
Jeez FM, with the Robber Barron type greed that management is showing, and the "You Pull... While I Win" mind f*** program, its clearly looking like a ship of cAArty clones in the hot Brinks truck off to the mAAnsion. If all the management MBA's and Finance degrees can take them to newer hights of excess....lets hear a big SHOUT OUT; "Don't let the screen door hit your a$$ on the way out".... Get Steppin'....I'll call the HeAAdhunters right now. :shock:

Deep down, we all know the Billions in employee concessions is what allowed the current management greed to take place. If cratering the company is the final result of this latest management greed, arrogance, and utter contempt for the employees, then lets get that ball rollin' right now. The AA front line employees (at least the ones that aren't bought off) are real sick of the threats and the whiney bitches in ties; "We gotta cut more labor costs..... look what this airline did.... we gotta have more millions in bonuses to stay....we can't compete.....you have to give more.... BOO F***IN' HOO!!!! Its gonna be a fun year in 07, I can't wait!!!! :up: :up: :up: Employee Relations??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO, GENIUS!

I have 30+ years here AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!
I am in a position to complain and criticize to my heart's content!
You applaud the fats cats who successfully set back the average worker 40 years by taking away pay, sick time, holiday pay, holidays, sick time, vacation, IOD time while they exempted themsleves form the pain and suffering!
But you defend them because they have MBA's and wear suits to work and you decry us because we are greedy, overpaid and underworked union scum!

Why don't you extend your advice to ARPEY and CO. who feel they are underpaid when compared to their peers and other companies...Tell them to leave if they don't like it..

Instead they give themselves raises and you applaud them!

I truly hope we do go the way of PAN AM, Braniff and Eastern. I truly do...

DO YOU KNOW WHY, MODERAATOR?

BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH ARPEY AND THE OTHER MBA'S WON'T FEEL ANY PAIN, LOWER MANAGEMENT CHEERLEADERS LIKE YOURSELF WILL BE OUT ON THE STREET AS WELL. AND UNLESS YOU POSSESS AN MBA FROM THE WHARTON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, YOU WILL HOPEFULLY FEEL PAIN AND SUFFERING. AND YOU CAN SPEND THE REST OF YOUR DAYS
SINGING THE "I HATE UNIONS" BLUES...

You see, thanks to ALL employees who gave back so much so AA can show a profit, we enabled them to give themselves obscene wage increases and stock options...But they have demoralized us and degraded us financially to a point we are used to doing with less...

Who do you think feels more pain, Moderaator? The executive making $500,000.00 a year with 50,000 stock options who takes a 10% paycut or an employee making $50,000 a year taking a 17% paycut with 300 stock options?

And don't forget to include the "quit if you don't like it here" or "go get an MBA" mantra in your answer!

prepared to crater the company just to "send a message to the fat cats".

You finally are starting to catch on.
I love the word crater by the way.
And if crattering the place is what it takes to say enough is enough then so be it
:rolleyes:

I have 30+ years here AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Perhaps that's because you're unemployable elsewhere?...

LOWER MANAGEMENT CHEERLEADERS LIKE YOURSELF WILL BE OUT ON THE STREET AS WELL.

Whatever. I'm hiring two entry level people at my new company with a salary that's greater than what a topped out fleet service crew chief makes. There are hundreds of lower management AMR cheerleaders who have the basic skillset to qualify for those jobs. PM me if you're interested. Really.

But they have demoralized us and degraded us financially to a point we are used to doing with less...

Sorry, but from firsthand experience, most of y'all were demoralized and degraded long before the words "pull together" were ever uttered. That's what happens when you turn an entry level job into a career.

And don't forget to include the "quit if you don't like it here" or "go get an MBA" mantra in your answer!

Personally, I prefer #### or get off the pot.

Every day you punch in at AMR is another day you give tacit approval to your working conditions. You're the only one who controls that.

For all the bitching and hand wringing over this, Arpey still isn't earning what Crandall was earning in 1995. RLC's 1995 salary was $662K. Adjust that for inflation, and it's pretty clear to me that Arpey's salary is on the OSM scale when compared to previous CEO's at AMR as well as his peers at other airlines, profitable and unprofitable.

And go back to when Crandall first took over, 1983?, adjusted for inflation, our compensation will have decreased by over 40% by the time this contract reopens.

That's what happens when you turn an entry level job into a career.

So you consider mechanics and pilots to be "entry-level" jobs that are not worthy enough to be considered careers?

Do you think you could do what we do? We will have to forward this to all the Aviation Schools out there just so they know how airline management really feels about what we do.

I thank God I'm not stuck on a ship of fools prepared to crater the company just to "send a message to the fat cats"
Otherwise, you'd be foolish to stay in a job where you're underpaid and/or overworked.

Then why do you spend time here? I mean you are spending time here that cant help your situation in any way at all. Isnt that foolish?

Perhaps you are correct in that when we made the decision decades ago to be loyal to a corporation and agreed to terms that made us less mobile, in that we had a lot personally invested/sacrifced in this entity, in exchange for security and a fair compensation, we were wrong or foolish to believe that the corporaqtion would actually live up to their end of the bargain, but AA is still making the same promises today, "sacrifice for your future". The fact is that we are fighting to get what we deserve and yes "cratering" the company, if that what it takes, is preferrable to letting them get away with taking what our years of sacrifice have produced and stuffing it all in their pockets. The fact is that had EAL, Pan Am and TWA failed sooner, had their workers shut it down earlier, they and everyone else who works in this industry would be better off today.

I truly hope we do go the way of PAN AM, Braniff and Eastern. I truly do...

DO YOU KNOW WHY, MODERAATOR?

BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH ARPEY AND THE OTHER MBA'S WON'T FEEL ANY PAIN, LOWER MANAGEMENT CHEERLEADERS LIKE YOURSELF WILL BE OUT ON THE STREET AS WELL. AND UNLESS YOU POSSESS AN MBA FROM THE WHARTON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, YOU WILL HOPEFULLY FEEL PAIN AND SUFFERING. AND YOU CAN SPEND THE REST OF YOUR DAYS
SINGING THE "I HATE UNIONS" BLUES...

Sometimes people say things on this message board becasue they let their emotions get the better of them. I believe that's what has happened here. Most people in a clear state of mind would not wish that the company they have put thirty plus years in would go under. After all that would mean no retire medical, travel benefits and your retirement would be slashed considerably.

Sometimes people say things on this message board becasue they let their emotions get the better of them. I believe that's what has happened here. Most people in a clear state of mind would not wish that the company they have put thirty plus years in would go under. After all that would mean no retire medical, travel benefits and your retirement would be slashed considerably.

And most people in a clear state of mind would not blame the woes of the airline industry more on labor than mismanagement.

FM, "Deep down, you know you're getting a decent wage and benefits for the skills you bring to the table. Otherwise, you'd be foolish to stay in a job where you're underpaid and/or overworked."

You are 100% WRONG! The AMT is NOT getting a decent wage & benefits for the SKILLS we bring to the table.

There is a reason AMTs invested in schooling and training to be able to work on aircraft that hurdle at just under the speed of sound in the airline business with 100+ souls on board. Being responsible for a safe airworthy aircraft is a job not taken lightly.

Fighting for FAIR wages & benefits is the right thing to do for our proud, skilled craft & profession. It is not foolish. Foolish is hiding behind an alias while making negative comments to those who have a core belief of knowledge, skill & integrity actually being worth more than a pittance.

Latest posts