Huckabee gaining support

Oct 30, 2006
I, like the rest of the U.S., am starting to hear out Huckabee. I really enjoyed what he had to say on NPR the other day... particularly with the mortgage bail out and Iran.

NPR Huckabee

What I like:

His views on taxes and immigration

What I don't like:

His views on trade. Bit too plutocratic for this rabid populist...

What I like:

His views on taxes and immigration

What I don't like:

His views on trade. Bit too plutocratic for this rabid populist...

Sadly, his views on immigration are a NEWLY FOUND convenience...he was a GUNG HO supporter of amnesty and "let's let more in". The great thing about some of these is they have a record that is diametrically opposite of what they now preach. He even encouraged the Mexican consulate to open a station in Little Rock to make life easier for the illegals.

But some think the issue could still haunt him, especially because he supported an Arkansas bill that would have provided scholarships funded by taxpayers for illegal immigrant children.

Huckabee defended the measure at a recent GOP debate, saying it "would've allowed those children who had been in our schools their entire school life the opportunity to have the same scholarship that their peers had."

Sadly, his views on immigration are a NEWLY FOUND convenience...he was a GUNG HO supporter of amnesty and "let's let more in". The great thing about some of these is they have a record that is diametrically opposite of what they now preach. He even encouraged the Mexican consulate to open a station in Little Rock to make life easier for the illegals.

But some think the issue could still haunt him, especially because he supported an Arkansas bill that would have provided scholarships funded by taxpayers for illegal immigrant children.

Huckabee defended the measure at a recent GOP debate, saying it "would've allowed those children who had been in our schools their entire school life the opportunity to have the same scholarship that their peers had."

I do find his record on Immigration disturbing, however I believe the American peoples voices are being heard on this major issue.

I look for House Bill 1804 to sweep the Nation. :up:

Very interesting...didn't know that. Rudy Giuliani I know had a very tolerant view of illegal immigration before tailoring his message to a more punitive tone when he became a serious candidate. Don't trust him. Bait and switch is very common it seems. My prediction then is that ( if ) when he ( Huck or Rudy ) get into office, the "secure the border & throw 'em out" talk will be replaced by the: "we need ( them ) to do "jobs Americans won't do" mantra. The catch-all but comic phrase of choice of the cheap labor lobby.

Caveat Emptor

You may not like him, but he shoots from the hip! :up:

...And he's from Hope Arkansas (Bears) :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"12",

I've got something that rhymes with your "he shoots from the hip"...and it is, "he's(Huckleberry) FULL of ####" !!!!!!!

Not surprising though, because Isn't Tyson Chicken/(Immigration) in Ark. ??

As for Hillary,...........I think(now) that it's.."Too close to call"

Ps (12),

You know the guy who was her chief campaign manager here in NH(Billy Shaheen), who just resigned over the Obama "drug" statement ??

I know him Personally.......(Seriously) !

I, like the rest of the U.S., am starting to hear out Huckabee. I really enjoyed what he had to say on NPR the other day... particularly with the mortgage bail out and Iran.

NPR Huckabee

My local rightwing talk show host Jim Quinn claims Huck's got all kind Clinton style skeletons in his closet that will show up when the show grinds down.Apparently the things that went on with sweet old Bill in Arkansas are SOP for pol's there.Time will tell.

You know the guy who was her chief campaign manager here in NH(Billy Shaheen), who just resigned over the Obama "drug" statement ??

I know him Personally.......(Seriously) !

And I bet you my left nut he's still on the payroll just out of the limelight.

Th fact that he wanted to quarantine an entire segment of society I found to be quite telling of his mentality and his personality. I'll pass thanks.

Latest posts