IAM Do they fight for your jobs or work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the TWU or the IBT wins the elections and becomes the reps for the fleet or the mechs, I do not see how the iam contract would stay when another union is the rep. the company of course wants the IAM to stay because they know that the IAM has been sleeping with them and the mgmt knows it too. that is why the IAM sold out their own brothers and sisters in the mid sized cities. it is a nowonder that the IAM is p!$$ed off about the card signing drive. It is also a known fact that the IAM had to raise the DUES from 44.90 to at least 46.10 a month for full timers. cant even pathom what the part timers pay a month to the triple digit idiots

Let me explain this once again.

A change in representation does not change the CBA nor give the union the right to renegotiate it, I have posted numerous examples.

AMFA won at UAL and NWA the CBA was not renegotiated until the amendable date same goes when AMFA won at WN, and when the PFAA won at NWA.

Let me explain this once again.

A change in representation does not change the CBA nor give the union the right to renegotiate it, I have posted numerous examples.

1. Part of the problem is YOUR attitude and approach, 700. Your's is identical to the IAM's....it leaves much to be desired. It kinda like.... listen to me, I know it all, and it's gonna be my way (kinda like a pilot who used to do a lot of posting.) WHY WON'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME!

2. I have no idea re the CBA. In my opinion, if it does not change but the union which will negotiate the next one would..... it would be worth a change. IAM is worthless. (and that is not just my opinion)

a change in the union should change the entire contract. why would the new union want to use the old iam worthless garbage contract that was voted in by the hubs?

Well a change in representation does not change the CBA, I have explained that numerous times, and given examples. Why is it so hard to understand the concept?

why is it hard for a IAM diehard as you are to figure out that if another union is the representation of say fleet, the old iam contract stays? what is so hard about the new union using their own contract? the only reason that the company wants the IAM is because of the sh!tty contract in place that is all there is to it. if the TWU took over, the IAM contract should not be the contract in place

Go read the RLA and the NMB policies.

When AMFA beat the IAM at NWA and UAL, the IAM/CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

When AMFA beat the ibt at WN, the ibt CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

When the PFAA beat the ibt at NWA the ibt CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

Dont let the law and facts get in your way.

and two of your three examples were altogether different circumstances than we are under - they were not due to merger and there were no new operating certificates being issued - you are listening to to much of your own BS

700 is right. When a labor group changes representation, the Current Binding Agreement (CBA) does indeed stay in effect. All that changes is the administrators of that contract because that contract belongs to the voting membership, not the administrators.

On the other hand, the IBT is banking very heavily on their lawsuit that contends that AWA is the surviving airline with a voluntary name change. Therefore the contract of the "surviving" membership (IBT's) is the contract that should be administered.

Can the IBT win this court judgement? All I know is that Sharon Levine, the IAM's lawyer for the bankruptcies, gave us advice that is oft quoted, and all too true. In court, anything could happen!

first of all, AWA is th carrier that brought USAIRWAYS using the INVESTORS money. that is why I am saying that I do not believe that the IAM contract would stay. you havent explained that because I dont think it is in the NMB

Secon, when did AMFA take over SWA as I thought they were represented by the Teamsters Union? those circumstances were a heck of a lot different than the premerger USAIR.

Go read the RLA and the NMB policies.

When AMFA beat the IAM at NWA and UAL, the IAM/CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

When AMFA beat the ibt at WN, the ibt CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

When the PFAA beat the ibt at NWA the ibt CBA remained in effect until the amendable date.

Dont let the law and facts get in your way.

Pinocchio
READ THIS

19.6 Procedure After Finding Single Transportation System
If the NMB determines that a single transportation system exists, the investigation will proceed to address the representation of the proper craft or class. (See Manual Section 19.401.) The bar rules in NMB Rules §1206.4 (29 CFR § 1206.4) do not apply to applications filed under this section. 19.601 Showing of Interest on the Single Transportation System Incumbent organizations have thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the NMB’s single transportation system determination to file an application supported by at least a thirty-five (35) percent showing of interest or to supplement the showing of interest.

19.602 Status of Representation Certifications
Existing certifications remain in effect until the NMB issues a new certification or dismissal.

I called and talked to one of the Principal Official for the NMB this morning and I was told that which ever union wins the vote for representation is the union whos contract will takes precedents. Pinocchio lies again

Maybe you should call and talk to them. Here is there link http://www.nmb.gov/directory/deptmenu.html to help you get to the TRUTH because someone is filling you with the wrong info. You should read IBT ART 3 and your IAM ART 3 pgh E of the contracts. Who acquierd who?

What you post might of been what happened in the past, and wishfull thinking but not TRUE if a vote is called, and it will.

SO beleave what you want and rant all you want. Tell your IAM lies.
I got the TRUTH from the NMB

It is no lie, I have provided clear cut precedent cases.

You are the one who is posting lies, even the ibt says on the 104 web page the IAM CBA is the surviving document.

You called? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard, so now the ibt is lying too?

Keep trying.

By the way, Barbell which aquired US and HP is a subsidary of US Airways Group Inc.

From the 104 Web page

If there is no election and the Machinists Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement.

If there is an election and the Machinists is certified as your representative, you will still work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement

If there is an election and the Teamsters Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement that seeks to improve on both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements. (this part has all ready been proven wrong about a whole new contract).

It is no lie, I have provided clear cut precedent cases.

You are the one who is posting lies, even the ibt says on the 104 web page the IAM CBA is the surviving document.

You called? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard, so now the ibt is lying too?

Keep trying.

By the way, Barbell which aquired US and HP is a subsidary of US Airways Group Inc.

From the 104 Web page
If there is no election and the Machinists Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement.

If there is an election and the Machinists is certified as your representative, you will still work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement

If there is an election and the Teamsters Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement that seeks to improve on both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements. (this part has all ready been proven wrong about a whole new contract).

READ what you post:If there is no election. If there is an election and the Machinists is certifiedand. If the Teamsters Union is certified as your representative only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement.

AS I said "I called and talked to one of the Principal Official for the NMB this morning and I was told that which ever union wins the vote for representation is the union whos contract will takes precedents." Pinocchio lies again.

I did say when just that there would or could be a change.
I didn't know I had to spell every detale out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts