New Livery

dramsey777 said:
:shock: It's Amazing!!! The 2 Airlines can Spend all this Money on Another New Paint job-gee US has at least 4-5 flying right now and HP has-How many? but US is in Bankruptcy for -how many times because it can't pay it's bills, gets rid of perfectly good employees, gets rid of YOUR Pension and Medical BUT can paint Planes!!!!!
It should have been the 2 P's to begin with and left out the U and it would still be a Good Airline! :)
[post="290932"][/post]​

How many times has this been gone over?

They are not "spending money" they wouldn't be spending anyway. The planes need to be painted every few years anyway, and some of them look like they got in a fight. The US planes will be painted when thier time comes, not an overnight makeover. The HP planes will need to be painted anyway, or at least have thier titles changed.

They didn't hire a design firm, the new design is in-house.

US Airways has ONE paint job. The USAir, MetroJet, and US Airways Shuttle liveries have been gone for a few years. There are two "usairways.com" planes- we know the story there. There are several Star Alliance, as required by Star. US gave the star treatment to planes that were to be painted anyway or new deliveries. That's why instead of having an A330, you have a CRJ700, and some 319s and 757s.

UA and NW are doing the same thing. You see a few of the new livery on planes that were to be repainted anyway, not the whole fleet just for fun. All three liveries (UA, NW, US) are more cost-effective and easier to maintain than the previous one.

ringmaruf said:
It's amazing how many people will swear that there are planes being flown around in the old USAir livery, even though they've all been gone for years now. :rolleyes:

And the usairways.com planes are on their way out, being sold to Jet Partners for scrap as part of the 10 737 deal.

I noticed that 350 was already parked by the hangar in PIT the other day, in the spot where US puts planes before returning them. Is 573 out of service yet?
[post="290945"][/post]​

I flew on 350 on Thursday. It was in bad condition inside.
I won't go into details, but let's just say that one thing broke and a passenger (me) had to help the F/As get it back into a safe position for landing.. it took all three of us.

JAXPax said:
I flew on 350 on Thursday. It was in bad condition inside.
I won't go into details, but let's just say that one thing broke and a passenger (me) had to help the F/As get it back into a safe position for landing.. it took all three of us.
[post="290967"][/post]​

Hmmm...I saw the usairways.com plane by the hangar in PIT on Wednesday. Maybe I've got them mixed up and it was 573 that I saw.

In any event, they'll both be gone soon. (US didn't redact the tail numbers on the 737 and 767 sales like they do with all the GECAS filings.)

Latest posts

Back