IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
but now when/if a contract TA comes about, that means about 1000 to 1500 wont be able to vote on it and that could be a difference in the voting am I correct?

but now when/if a contract TA comes about, that means about 1000 to 1500 wont be able to vote on it and that could be a difference in the voting am I correct?

Yes that is correct provided the local president does a check on each voter to see if they are not a member in good standing. There were case's of members not being able to vote in the nominations back in Feb dues to not being up to date on there dues.

That would be the recording secretary's job working with the district with an updated DCO.

That would be the recording secretary's job working with the district with an updated DCO.
Yeah your right on the checking part but I did see a lodge president make a stink about members in good standing on back dues and ordered the recording sec to do a check on the voters

Oh and I have been to many different lodges and only seen 1 ever enforce it

Another little tid bit, when the sept. T/A came out in LAS bill chandlee was handing out dues check of cards in the room and having people sign before they vote, guess what some of those people still arent getting dues taken out...

Another little tid bit, when the sept. T/A came out in LAS bill chandlee was handing out dues check of cards in the room and having people sign before they vote, guess what some of those people still arent getting dues taken out...

Theres lots of dues not being taken out for both work groups as we type. :down:

Again we go back to the rules of the game! Unions need to present booklets to new members with the Beck Laws at the time members sign on. Very few new hirers in Phoenix even got a book. And, remember we will now help the IAM do their work for them by having them realize the Beck Laws are to be posted on the Breakrooms, or no one member is liable for lack of dues. Our rites were not laid out for any of us. Just imposed on us. Think that makes anyone loyal to them?

For all those still on furlough hopefully the union and the company will get rid of that stupid 60 day rul which should have never ever ben put in place

Again we go back to the rules of the game! Unions need to present booklets to new members with the Beck Laws at the time members sign on. Very few new hirers in Phoenix even got a book. And, remember we will now help the IAM do their work for them by having them realize the Beck Laws are to be posted on the Breakrooms, or no one member is liable for lack of dues. Our rites were not laid out for any of us. Just imposed on us. Think that makes anyone loyal to them?

I'm not sticking up for the IAM but remember your TWU was bought off by the IAM and you guys allowed it to happen. You guys out West should have forced a runoff election. I would have taken my chances. That was our last good chance to get rid of the IAM. That didn't happen so now it is time for us, East and West to take back our union from the greedy people that supposedly represent us and put people in charge those that have our best interests in mind and stop the boot licking. By the way it is a given that when you join or belong to a union that union dues are paid, and it is your responsibility to pay them and initiate the method by which they are paid. My local made sure that all dues were paid in full before anyone voted on the last TA. There are many of us out there that will make sure if there is another TA, that all dues are paid in full (especially in the hubs and focus cities where there are large voting blocks)or you will not be eligible to vote.

I say…if this “April Fools Day…T/A†ain’t damn good…we’ll vote ‘er down, and let the existing COC come back into play again!

This will result in substantial wage increases for Fleet when our boy (Parker)…hooks up with another carrier this summer!

The Fleet Service Solidarity Network is much stronger than Cornhole’e…Tommy Boy…and 700 combined! They, along with their undermining ideals will ultimately be defeated in June of this year!

New Direction’s gonna get yahh !

I say…if this “April Fools Day…T/A†ain’t damn good…we’ll vote ‘er down, and let the existing COC come back into play again!

This will result in substantial wage increases for Fleet when our boy (Parker)…hooks up with another carrier this summer!

you forgot to put EAST in front of fleet .... in fact from now on , why don't you guys write east when ever you say substantial wage increases

:down:

you forgot to put EAST in front of fleet .... in fact from now on , why don't you guys write east when ever you say substantial wage increases

:down:

Freedom…

Ever stop and wonder why the IAM never pursued section six for you guys out west? Well… here’s my opinion for what it may be worth.

The current negotiating environment (Transition Talks) is the consequence of a carefully engineered…orchestrated…chess game that is designed to place Fleet Service in as compromising of a position as possible. This likely began even before the US/AWA merger was complete. Unfortunately, I feel that both the Union and the Company have played a major role in this.

The mind set of “Us vs Them†in terms of Fleet West & Fleet East, is exactly where the Company wants us to be! That is how they (Company & IAM) will try to slip as marginal of a T/A as possible for ratification to us.

The pre-engineered wage desperation of West Fleet is the “trump card†in inserting a T/A that is as close as possible to "cost neutral" as they can get.

The collective intelligence of the Solidarity Network… sees through this scheme.
That is why you see so much determination and resent from the East on this.

Freedom…

Ever stop and wonder why the IAM never pursued section six for you guys out west? Well… here’s my opinion for what it may be worth.

No , what’s done is done

The current negotiating environment (Transition Talks) is the consequence of a carefully engineered…orchestrated…chess game that is designed to place Fleet Service in as compromising of a position as possible. This likely began even before the US/AWA merger was complete. Unfortunately, I feel that both the Union and the Company have played a major role in this.

What environment are you talking about ? All the major airlines going BK and dragging down the wages across the board ? Doug parker chosing to merger with a company that had gone BK twice in order to achieve significant cost savings ? That was his entire plan , ever hear how he likes to say LOW COST AIRLINE … I don’t think the union has played much of a roll in this happening , what could any union do against BK courts?

The mind set of “Us vs Them†in terms of Fleet West & Fleet East, is exactly where the Company wants us to be! That is how they (Company & IAM) will try to slip as marginal of a T/A as possible for ratification to us.

Of couse it’s where they want us to be , divide and conquer , but let me tell you something , it doesn’t help anyone when you keep going on about significant wage gains for fleet , when HALF of fleet will never see those wage gains , and it doesn’t help when you guys talk about waiting and waiting , because while you can afford to wait it out , we out here in the west make very little to live off of .

The pre-engineered wage desperation of West Fleet is the “trump card†in inserting a T/A that is as close as possible to "cost neutral" as they can get.

If by pre engineered you mean we at AWA had the misfortunate to be based in right to work states then yes your right .

The collective intelligence of the Solidarity Network… sees through this scheme.
That is why you see so much determination and resent from the East on this

You haven’t seen determination and resentment yet . If we don’t get something done at this next meeting then I feel it’s time we here on the AWA side start pushing this company for at least a cost of living increase in the major hubs …. If this company can raise the starting wage to 9 dollars an hour then they can give everyone a SMALL bump across the board .

Freedom…

That is why you see so much determination and resent from the East on this.
Roabilly, Good afternoon!
I wouldn't expect too much from negotiations this week. You are right about the Solidarity Network. Also, the majority of those in PHX would sign for a $1 or less raise but they don't represent the minority in PHX and the rest of the west. Things are set so that if anything is brought back to the members that resembles the 12 page enema that was brought back in September, perhaps a greater No vote will take place.

At any rate, I would anticipate something being worked out between June-August. I just don't anticipate that Hemenway will show the type of respect he needs to show to get a deal ratified. M & A activity is fueling these talks and the reports say that these arilines might be able to put deals together before August and still get regulatory approval from Bush's friendly cabinet.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back