IAM Mech. & Related Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading most newspapers and the result of a possible RESESSION! SCREW! the media! This battle is between companies and countries! The NAFTA! bill (please read what Mr. Clinton voted for) is a battle between countries and economies to come out ahead OR relate in equal exchange of each other.

Now we are trying to compromise airlines amongst the global world. Our shareholders need help deciding how US AIRWAYS fits in (American style!)

O.K. They're doing fine, BUT! Time for a FIT of American workers/global workers.

Hey! Let's get it on! Give workers their JUST REWARDS! And! then go after the competition!

Please name me one airline that does no outsourcing of anything?

It is baby steps, you cant get everything back in one round of talks, it takes years to gain everything back that was lost in bankruptcy, look at the IBT at HP, CO and WN (now amfa), no union in the airlines is safe from outsourcing anymore.

Ok I've heard enough of your crap, you were the one claiming that the ibt let awa out source everything (whitch was a lie it was done before they came on property by Bill Franke) and you your self said that all the buses ( narrow body) would come back in house and the IAM is against out sorcing! let me get this through your head if you can under stand. " ALL THE 737"s ARE LEAVING THE FLEET AND REPLACING WITH NARROW BODY AIRBUSES" this will be done within the next few years. without having a list in front of me we on the west have around 75 airbuses maybe more and less then 20 737's and we had one more go back last week. that would be more heavy checks back in house alot more than 50% our narrow body airbus fleet will be over 70% of the fleet. so tell me how you figure we get more work back in house by letting them continue to send planes to san salvador? and you asked who does do thier own work I would say American does most of all thier own work and other airlines too. except for thier buff jobs in mexico witch isn't maint.

I dont agree with outsourcing, but negotiations is compromise, airlines are going out of business and others are failing, the industry wont make a profit this year, so what good is profit sharing?

It is give and take and any gain is better than none if the NC thinks this is the best they can do or get.

You dont want to go through another Chapter 11 CBA, trust me.

The problem is the iam gave and we get nothing! just giving up the heavy checks should have brought us a bundle!

That statement is irresponsible witch displays your lack of credibility. Even you know that the east coast has not yet reported and are not counted until the polls close.

That statement was an early , nut it passes boys and girls. I think my estimates was a few percentage points low.

It passed by somewhere around 65 %. This is credible, Take it or leave B) it

I bet they are already figuring which stations to close. Dougie will be partying tonite - hope he has a driver or the iam may give back more benefits to help pay his legal fees

I bet they are already figuring which stations to close. Dougie will be partying tonite - hope he has a driver or the iam may give back more benefits to help pay his legal fees

And the whining begins, put a towel over the keyboard to keep the tears off from the crying.

Go to fed ex they are hiring in Memphis

After reading most newspapers and the result of a possible RESESSION! SCREW! the media! This battle is between companies and countries! The NAFTA! bill (please read what Mr. Clinton voted for) is a battle between countries and economies to come out ahead OR relate in equal exchange of each other.

Now we are trying to compromise airlines amongst the global world. Our shareholders need help deciding how US AIRWAYS fits in (American style!)

O.K. They're doing fine, BUT! Time for a FIT of American workers/global workers.

Hey! Let's get it on! Give workers their JUST REWARDS! And! then go after the competition!
First of all Bill Clinton did not vote for NAFTA, the President doesnt vote on trade agreements, it was proposed and signed by George Bush and ratified after labor and environmental changes under the Clinton Administration.

Not whining, just gonna sit back and laugh at the unemployed when the stations start going away - gonna be able to say with pride that I voted NO

Just came off vacation. We'll discuss Nafta tomorrow. Clinton was involved. We are now dealing with the aftermath in global competition.

Shall you care to wager?

NAFTA was initially pursued by corporate interest[citation needed] in the United States and Canada supportive of free trade, led by Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, and the Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari. The three countries signed NAFTA in December 1992, subject to ratification by the legislatures of the three countries. There was considerable opposition in all three countries. In the United States, NAFTA was able to secure passage after Bill Clinton made its passage a major legislative priority in 1993. Since the agreement had been signed by Bush under his fast-track prerogative, Clinton did not alter the original agreement, but complemented it with the aforementioned NAAEC and NAALC. After intense political debate and the negotiation of these side agreements, the U.S. House of Representatives passed NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by 234-200 vote (132 Republicans and 102 Democrats voting in favor; 43 Republicans, 156 Democrats, and 1 independent against),[6] and the U.S. Senate passed it on the last day of its 1993 session, November 20, 1993, by 61-38 vote (34 Republicans and 27 Democrats voting in favor; 10 Republicans and 28 Democrats against, with 1 Democrat opponent not voting -- Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND), an ardent foe of NAFTA, missed the vote because of an illness in his family).[7]

First of all Bill Clinton did not vote for NAFTA, the President doesnt vote on trade agreements, it was proposed and signed by George Bush and ratified after labor and environmental changes under the Clinton Administration.

700UW

Your statement is correct to the extent that a President doesn't vote on legislation. However, a Presidents signs legislation into law after it has been agreed upon and passed by Congress. George H.W. Bush signed the Canada - U.S. Free Trade Agreement into law in 1988. NAFTA was an expansion of the Canada - U.S. Free Trade Agreement in which Bill Clinton made it a priority agenda item (fast track) and signed into law as a Congressional-Executive Agreement, not a treaty in December 1992.

"NAFTA was initially pursued by corporate interest in the United States and Canada supportive of free trade, led by Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, and the Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari.

The three countries signed NAFTA in December 1992, subject to ratification by the legislatures of the three countries. There was considerable opposition in all three countries. In the United States, NAFTA was able to secure passage after Bill Clinton made its passage a major legislative priority in 1993. Since the agreement had been signed by Bush under his fast-track prerogative, Clinton did not alter the original agreement, but complemented it with the aforementioned NAAEC and NAALC.

After intense political debate and the negotiation of these side agreements, the U.S. House of Representatives passed NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by 234-200 vote (132 Republicans and 102 Democrats voting in favor; 43 Republicans, 156 Democrats, and 1 independent against),and the U.S. Senate passed it on the last day of its 1993 session, November 20, 1993, by 61-38 vote (34 Republicans and 27 Democrats voting in favor; 10 Republicans and 28 Democrats against, with 1 Democrat opponent not voting -- Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND), an ardent foe of NAFTA, missed the vote because of an illness in his family)".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America...Trade_Agreement

Sorry 700UW, we can't change history. Now, let's change the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back