IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep using that one dollar raise , but don’t forget that for a lot of the fleet here , being taken into your contract is for some a HUGE raise … almost 1/3 more . This will result in substantial wage increases for Fleet

Brothers and sisters , let us not forget that everyday we go without a contact is another day of missed wages … shall we drag out talks for years on end , only to get a wage increase that would be equal to the lesser value we could have taken at the start of all those years ?

We need not accept a cost neutral contract , HOWEVER we must remain aware of irrational expectations .

Freedom,
There are some East stations that are making a couple of more dollars than you an hour and are in a right to work state also but AH is another person we on the East side have dealt with before called Cerlin! We have seen these tactics before so please hang in there a little while longer we do feel your pain out west.We don't want to lose any more brothers and sisters with that outsourceing 19 stations.
Rook

You keep using that one dollar raise , but don’t forget that for a lot of the fleet here , being taken into your contract is for some a HUGE raise … almost 1/3 more . This will result in substantial wage increases for Fleet

Brothers and sisters , let us not forget that everyday we go without a contact is another day of missed wages … shall we drag out talks for years on end , only to get a wage increase that would be equal to the lesser value we could have taken at the start of all those years ?

We need not accept a cost neutral contract , HOWEVER we must remain aware of irrational expectations .
The company and the IAM are the ones with irrational expectations. All we are asking for is a fair and equitable agreement. Their expectation that we will accept anything less is delusional.

Freedom…

Ever stop and wonder why the IAM never pursued section six for you guys out west? Well… here’s my opinion for what it may be worth.

The current negotiating environment (Transition Talks) is the consequence of a carefully engineered…orchestrated…chess game that is designed to place Fleet Service in as compromising of a position as possible. This likely began even before the US/AWA merger was complete. Unfortunately, I feel that both the Union and the Company have played a major role in this.

The mind set of “Us vs Them†in terms of Fleet West & Fleet East, is exactly where the Company wants us to be! That is how they (Company & IAM) will try to slip as marginal of a T/A as possible for ratification to us.

The pre-engineered wage desperation of West Fleet is the “trump card†in inserting a T/A that is as close as possible to "cost neutral" as they can get.

The collective intelligence of the Solidarity Network… sees through this scheme.
That is why you see so much determination and resent from the East on this.

Why Mr. Roabilly! My vinegar-sauced, pork-eating friend! Greetings and Saluations!

Once again, I must disagree with not only your choice of BBQ sauce, but also your reasonings as to the IAM continued misrepresentations of West. In a phrase: Boss Canale does not care about West. As West is half the size of East, and to control the vote, he must only control the East hubs. Quite simply, find the base with the most votes, cater to them, as use the rest as cannon fodder, and if lucky, maybe use the minority for some leverage to benefit the primary constituents. Of course, Boss Canale would never be so brazen as to admit to this publicly as to violate his fiduciary responsibilities to West, but rather it is best to give public statements of brotherhood bromides along with his smarmy grill on the monthly "Messenger".

While you see some conspiracy of Boss Canale and Management, I see basic neglect of West by the IAM and frankly, an attitude from East of "West-Can-Wait-Until-East-Gets-Something-Good" attitude. Those in East pushing for West's Section 6 are not about parity for West, but rather how East can benefit from it. Don't believe it? Consider Mr. Nelson's adamant refusal to allow West to vote for the existing contract on their own, even if it did not lead to the closure of any stations. Then Mr. Nelson foist misinformation that West would support a new TA for a $1 raise while East would continue to make far more is an underestimation of West's intelligence quoient and I would suggest a nefarious attempt to marginalize those who disagree with him. Sorry, It's All About East. You complain about the "East vs. West" mentality, might it ever occurred to you that it is well-earned and well-deserved based upon the actions of the pro-East IAM and the many Easties on this board?

Finally, I find myself in the uncomfortable position of having to defend Boss Canale insofar as to what many in the East consider the possibility of an anemic contract proposal. If you recall from my prior post, I mentioned the concept of economic elasticity, for which, I must assume the IAM have competent economists and financial advisors, and maybe they know something for which many FSAs do not understand. While internet surfing, I came across a very insightful article, in part, on airline industry elasticity which might provide some useful insights:

FAIR USE: "...elasticity is one of the most powerful metrics in business. In a single number, elasticity pins to the wall the relationship between percent changes in price and quantity." For those who think one can simply raise fares to cover higher costs (fuel and labor), you might want to reconsider. Furthermore, the author, who is against airline mergers, hypothesizes in part, "...shareholder value can best be created organically. How? By maximizing the satisfaction of employees, passengers, suppliers, partners, and shareholders." http://seekingalpha.com/article/69605-why-...rk?source=yahoo

So Illustrates Jester.

Let's start with this. Our west station IAM Co-representative Randy Connings said today, Sunday, the Ron Roth has NO Inclination as to ANYTHING that will start the negotiations tomorrow in Phoenix March 31st.

(How does someone that represents you not have an inclination as to how something this important will start. What agenda!).

Phoenix(a hub) has NO representation, no clue to what is coming. All we have is a possible TA for mechanics.

Sorely! No one in IAM is giving Phoenix, nor AWA anything. All we have is the possible TA of mechanics.

My bet is the MOB will O.K. a TA if Mechanics ok their'. That's 33% till 2011, right? That O.K. for your standards. Fleet are "street sweepers in managements eyes."

Mechanics might vote their TA. But! Fleet will wait for their just rewards. (remember top out is 15.00 in AWA in 13 years and 19.00 for US Airways. We are NOT in the flank of mechanics. WE FLEET NEED OWN IDENTITY.

Hurry up M&R and got your vote over. We will then be in it for the guys and gals that load the S***!.

Rook,

Right to work (for less) State laws do not cover Airline Workers under the Railway Labor Act.

I have talked to many agents in many stations, all are tired, all are fed up with upper mgmt.,
all are willing to work to keep this airline going. One thing we all want is a fair contract.
Twenty dollars will buy it. Most have agreed they want Tim Nelson at the table. He has more savvy than
cheap suites and more idea's than most on the negotiating team. I don't mean to disrespect PF,NG, JR,
SM,MW,, BUT THESE GUY'S HAVE HAD THIER TOUNGES CUT OUT. TB has openly said
fleet service has more solidarity than anyone thought. That's because the IAM is out of touch
with the dues paying members Remember if they bring back sh*t, flush it, we can wait
Big Al can't.................................................................

The solidatiry being shown by the "Rats" is impressive to say the least. I have been around for quite a while and have never seen everyone on the same page until now.

Solidarity of opinion is not enough , the solidarity to wait is not a plan , solidarity is a concerted effort to effect change , solidarity is ACTION …

If we are a CONCERTED FORCE then we should begin to flex our muscles from the furthest reaches of the nation to it’s very heartland , from the hubs too the smallest and most new field stations .

UNTIL WE TAKE ACTION , we will not achieve our goals . I will leave it up to you the reader to infer what actions may be necessary to simply get JUSTICE and FAIRNESS from what has become in my mind , another soulless corporation .

Action doesn’t take place at a negotiating table . Action is not talk , it’s not words , it’s results .

Results matter .

If we do not see results to our satisfaction come out of the meetings this week, Freedom's sugestion of action might be the course we have to take. The only thing that "soulless corporations" understand is the bottom line.

Quote: Jester

FAIR USE: "...elasticity is one of the most powerful metrics in business. In a single number, elasticity pins to the wall the relationship between percent changes in price and quantity."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jester... good tah see yahh back !

My posts can generally bring yahh out…

Believe me …I fully understand tha concept of elasticity…

I think we (Fleet West & East) have had this concept directly applied to our posteriors several times! Thank goodness they’re elastic!

As far as tha rest goes… I will only say that tha boy’s here, ain’t in no mood tah play around with ah marginal T/A!

Tha Network of Solidarity will collectively decide the outcome of any… and all future Tentative Agreements, as well as tha outlook for Cornhole’e and his boy’s!

P.S. Impressive vocabulary! I read Mr. Cooks interpretations, I agree to an extent, however in our case… it’s not economics…its EGOS

Quote: Freedom

If by pre engineered you mean we at AWA had the misfortunate to be based in right to work states then yes your right .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom…We work as Union Represented emplyees at an Airline. The Railway Labor Act supersedes all state laws regarding right to work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Freedom

You haven’t seen determination and resentment yet . If we don’t get something done at this next meeting then I feel it’s time we here on the AWA side start pushing this company for at least a cost of living increase in the major hubs …. If this company can raise the starting wage to 9 dollars an hour then they can give everyone a SMALL bump across the board .
Freedom.. I agree with your desperation…anything you guys can do out West, to facilitate your circumstances will be honored by East! We are not your enemy out here!

Do we know who asked who for these transition talks to continue? Did the union "beg" the company because of their "inaction" over the past 2 1/2 years, or did the company ask the union, because the "merger dance" is about to begin. This would tell more of the story.

Oman,

Beat ya AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

how is the 3rd post . ON top.. what kind of education they give you guys over there.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't quote me . But I am almost 100% sure it was uncle AL dialing in the NC to come for lunch in the sun.

he wants to wrap up the IAM as soon as he can.

Do we know who asked who for these transition talks to continue? Did the union "beg" the company because of their "inaction" over the past 2 1/2 years, or did the company ask the union, because the "merger dance" is about to begin. This would tell more of the story.

Oman,

Beat ya AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

PJ…

If you will notice…transition talks have gone from the originally planned 3 days…
to now 5!

Look’s like tha boys are scheduled for today, March 31st, … along with April 1st…2nd...3rd…and 4th! Sounds… to me like they intend to produce a T/A in this time frame.

Let’s hope that these talks are… Conclusive… and not Collusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back