IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION ALL IAM FLEET SERVICE MEMBERS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s all about the Leadership…

As we progress into the Merger Abyss… I want every Fleet Member to focus on one thing…

Who, do you want to lead you in the future? Are you tired of the same old crowd, that has been collecting large compensation packages from your dues, without having to actually represent you?

You can make the necessary change, with the same level of resolve, and unity you displayed here today, on this Transition Agreement.

Let’s get our focus on the June elections, and make a difference!

DCA was a very solid Yes vote and a few more west stations came in. The new west station results were over 90% yes.

I'm going to bed and I hope to dream about a pig pickn BBQ and 'free drinks'!.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, chicago
TIM, WHILE I have not agreed with very much of your opinions here, I DO AGREE WITH US MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER AS A UNION for the betterment of the group. I also commend you for your comments following the outcome of the vote. Nobody can question your passion or commitment to what you feel. You orchestrated a valiant campaign. you have nothing to hang your head about (not that i think you are). I am sure in the future we will agree and disagree on other issues, Hopefully we can channel our efforts together in the future for a better stronger and more united workforce. I believe with 8000 strong we will be a formidable opponent. Regards,

US EAST Votes No
I have totaled over 4500 votes on the east side out of 5,200. So with 700 possible voters left, No's are at 1555, Yes' are at 950. East participated right at 50%. Top 3 stations, PHL, PIT, CLT carried the east to the No vote. I'm sure it will end up just about even on the east side.

The west had a dominating participation out of 2,500 workers, I'd say over 65% voted and over 90% of them voted Yes.

Overall it looks like a 60%+ Yes vote.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487

TIM, WHILE I have not agreed with very much of your opinions here, I DO AGREE WITH US MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER AS A UNION for the betterment of the group. I also commend you for your comments following the outcome of the vote. Nobody can question your passion or commitment to what you feel. You orchestrated a valiant campaign. you have nothing to hang your head about (not that i think you are). I am sure in the future we will agree and disagree on other issues, Hopefully we can channel our efforts together in the future for a better stronger and more united workforce. I believe with 8000 strong we will be a formidable opponent. Regards,
Thanks for the kind words. There is no other option in an industry where workers get zero help from government and the companies. The only strength would have to come from group unity. It's called respect for eachother and solidarity.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, chicago

To CLT, PHL, PIT and other No voters.

We all need to respect the majority vote and press forward. This is but one battle of many major battles ahead of us in our fight against Corporate greed. The merger will be a huge battle and many of us will take tremendous hits as mergers are NOT friends of workers. I don't think anyone was stupid for voting yes. IMO, workers were well informed and they voted with reason. The biggest obstacle for me running a campaign against the contract was that workers saw incompetent union bosses and had no hope that Canale was capable of anything better. In fact Canale himself said he couldn't do any better.

I will add more stations to the station update reports on page 7 of this thread as I get them. Some west coast stations are just now becoming available with their counts.

hey CLT, I'm thinking a US AVIATION PARTY IN CLT? I plan on coming to CLT in June and I would hope alot of us from this board can get together and party for a night.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Hey I'm in too Tim. At least I'll have somewhere to eat & drink now that this POS T/A tentativly went through.

P.S. TO ALL THE YES VOTES ENJOY IT WHILE YOU HAVE IT. IT'LL BE GONE SOON ENOUGH ALONG WITH YOU. QUOTE ME NOW AS SAING..."YOU MADE YOUR BED NOW YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT." SWEET DREAMS & GOOD LUCK AT YOUR NEXT JOB.

Here Here! Tim, Thank you for your admirable passion and dedication. Solidarity is achieved with the willingness to accept and respect eachother and move forward together. Thanks proud2bphilly and all the brothers and sisters out there!

All I want to know is there any truth to the rumor that PHX only had 200 and some eligible voters (the rest being in arrears or dues objectors) and the International waved a magic wand and made everyone eligible? We may never know the truth because of the corrupt way that this union conducts business and there is nobody to back check these guys. We deserve what comes our way. We have now become the Walmart of the airline industry. :down:

I would also like to know how come the PHX ramp was able to vote at the airport in the terminal, while the east coast hubs had to vote off site?

I think that the IAM was very effective in getting out the idea that
the west stations would be put into the east contract if they
didn't vote this in. One station I talked to with a 12% geo
was a yes due to the fear of going into the east contract. I was
the first person they talked to who even challenged that, So
In spite of all the loses they will incur they still voted yes.

I'm going to try to not blame myself. Its tough when the union
has all the resources and can go to each station and not be challenged.
Here in SAN the yes votes were mostly for the money.

Is the same thing going to happen June 5? Same voting plan? Easy
for Canales side to vote and hard for the opposition?
Thanks BF

Does anyone know when we will have the official voting totals? Will it be posted on the IAM website?

I believe when MX voted on theirs the OFFICIAL total came out the following monday or tuesday if thats the case with us it should be the 12th or 13th.

But not 100% sure

isthisok,

All I want to know is there any truth to the rumor that PHX only had 200 and some eligible voters (the rest being in arrears or dues objectors) and the International waved a magic wand and made everyone eligible? We may never know the truth because of the corrupt way that this union conducts business and there is nobody to back check these guys. We deserve what comes our way. We have now become the Walmart of the airline industry.

I can't say 100%, but I believe PHX only had 54 non-dues payers.

P. REZ

Now folks,
It's time to get down to some real business.
VOTE CHEAPSUITES OUT OF OFFICE IN JUNE
Let's send some agc's packing, I heard, and this is second hand that JR the agc in clt
was asked if he would work under this contract and he kept dodging the question,
I take it that he wouldn't, if true then the message is loud and clear.

Very disappointed in election results. You guys are going to suffer in the long run. I cannot wait until the merger when the new posts for IAM will be, "why is United Fleet making 2.00-3.00 an hour more than us"? This thread will be going on until at least 2015 until you are allowed to hit the tables. 18 cities will be outsourced to UA and forget about the 60 day rule because most, especially on the WEST will be the "furloughed" employees. It is a very sad day to say the least. To think you settled for less on the new TA.

As far as Canale is concerned, you can vote him out in June but because you foolishly voted YES you will NEVER BE RID OF HIM because of his position for UA.

I expect early next week we will hear confirmation of UA merger agreement. They were all waiting on your votes guys, they won the battle and now you made us very PRETTY for a definate merger. So, so sad.

:down:

Status
Not open for further replies.