IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if the IAM 141 honors their word and posts the election results as
promised for Today at 15:00 CST (16:00 EST)

I have 15:58 …EST

(Edit) 16:10 EST... still no report....

(Edit) 16:12 EST... report !

63% Supposedly voted YES...
What would it have been... if we had voted on ahh level playin' field?

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm

Let's see if the IAM 141 honors their word and posts the election results as promised for
15:00 CST (16:00 EST)

I have 15:58 …EST

(Edit) 16:02 EST... still no report....

C'mon Roa,

It's not Monday yet!!!!! If they announce it now, they will have to pay us the new scale. Just saying, don't hold your breath.......I spoke too soon, there it is now....Here we go..................63% yes....WOW........good luck westies, you're gonna need it.

May 15, 2008

Machinists Ratify Final US Airways Agreement

To All IAM US Airways Fleet Service Members

Printable Version

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers’ (IAM) District Lodge 141 today announced ratification of a forty-three month agreement with US Airways covering 7,700 Fleet Service employees. Sixty three percent of the voting membership ratified the agreement.

“Ratification of this agreement ends three years of uncertainty for Fleet Service workers,†said IAM General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr. “This is the third and final transition agreement ratified by IAM members following the US Airways-America West merger.â€

The Machinists union had previously completed new agreements with US Airways for 3,300 IAM-represented Mechanic & Related and 40 Fleet Technical Instructors. All IAM agreements include participation in the IAM National Pension Plan, the only defined benefit pension plan to survive US Airways’ bankruptcies.

“This agreement provides for fair seniority integration, higher wages, better vacations, increased overtime pay, more job security for all Fleet Service employees,†said District 141 President Randy Canale. “After three years we can finally move forward as a single, unified workforce.â€

Complete details of the agreement are available at www.iam141.org.

The Machinists Union is the largest Airline and Rail Union in North America, representing more than 170,000 Flight Attendants, Customer Service Agents, Reservation Agents, Ramp Service Personnel, Mechanics, Railroad Machinists and related transportation industry workers. Additional information about the Machinists Union is available at www.goiam.org/transportation.

Sincerely and Fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman

perfect example of a tainted vote by the crooked leadership

we'll be coming for you in June

“This agreement provides for fair seniority integration, higher wages, better vacations, increased overtime pay, more job security for all Fleet Service employees,â€￾ said District 141 President Randy Canale. “After three years we can finally move forward as a single, unified workforce.â€￾

Ummmmm What job security?? thats right 20 stations out the door and it wont be long now I'd say 6 months minimum as we all know that the company does not keep to their word. the higher wages wont last long given the extremely high oil prices.

Coach,

It should start Monday and we should get Memorial Day in that pay period also.

TA says:

I. Transition Dates. In general, the America West Employees in the Fleet Service craft or class (“West Employeesâ€￾) will transition to the existing US Airways/IAM Collective Bargaining Agreement, as amended (the “CBAâ€￾) within 30 days of ratification of this Agreement (the “Transition Dateâ€￾), except where transition dates for specific CBA articles are otherwise set forth in Attachment A hereto.

So wouldn't this mean that the pay will start 30 days after ratification? Ratification date being May 8, wouldn't the pay begin Sun, June 8?
That would also mean no Memorial Day.

Just curious if reading this correctly

TA says:

I. Transition Dates. In general, the America West Employees in the Fleet Service craft or class (“West Employeesâ€￾) will transition to the existing US Airways/IAM Collective Bargaining Agreement, as amended (the “CBAâ€￾) within 30 days of ratification of this Agreement (the “Transition Dateâ€￾), except where transition dates for specific CBA articles are otherwise set forth in Attachment A hereto.

So wouldn't this mean that the pay will start 30 days after ratification? Ratification date being May 8, wouldn't the pay begin Sun, June 8?

Yea, 30 days from now. Im and hp guy, luckily I'm at LAX, and no one can bump from lgb, bur etc unless there are openings, and trust me, there will be no openings in LAX for years. I feel so bad for all those small stations though, unless they were stupid enough to vote yes, but why would you vote yourself out of a job?

TA says:

Tim:
Where are you ? What's the deal on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts