US IAM Fleet Service topic 3/20-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention all union leadership ...

This is what i feel you ought to do ....

you need to take the pension fund and leave all but two years worth of funds in it .... take the rest of it and send checks to the people who are now drawing funds out of it .. cut them a check for as much as is doable and give our pensioners CASH money ...

First, the Union doesn't operate the pension, a seperate Company does. Second, that's ILLEGAL! Third, having the cash IN the fund is the only way the fund works. Take the money out and the fund can't earn any money, thus collapsing.

if you do not do this , we may see our invesment wither away to nothing or be eaten by inflation later on ...

The pension fund has far greater abilities then you to manage money. Go back to figuring out where you're going to get the money for dinner the day before payday.

also think about some formula where if a person has been putting money into the fund for 20,30 or 40 years you also send them some money as well even if they are not now currently drawing out of it ...

Illegal.

if you do not distrube the monies from the IAM pension fund sooner rather than later all of our pensioners may someday soon regret this ...

So break the pension system?

If the econmic crisis is not as bad as i think it is , we can replensih the fund with higher dues 2 years from now .... if things are going to get as bad as i think they will then it won't matter .

give out the money to the people who earned it and let them spend it as they see fit rather than see these monies go to waste .. what i am propsing is radical and scary ... but these are the times .

Is Bashas hiring? Please apply if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.