US IAM Fleet Service topic 3/20-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our union must join with all the others in this country in helping (doing OUR part ) to address the rising unemployment ...

so to recap ....

our own IAM 141 issues , mildily imporant ,

NATIONAL union issues VERY imporant .

Hey freedom how much do you want YOUR dues to go up to help with the NATIONAL issues.

I WOULD THINK O-MAN WAS TIRED OF MGT BEAT DOWN
WONDER WHERE MR HIGH AND MIGHTY SCORED ON THE STANDFRED-BINET TEST

That's "Stanford-Binet"... not to be confused with "Sanford & Son" or "Samford, CT", nor to be confused with "beignet" or "bidet", unless you want the "Sanford-Bidet" exam which is a test for crappy TV comedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford-Binet_IQ_test

So Humors Jester.

freedom,
I have to laugh at your hypocrisy . You scream the union needs to get people back to work.

YOU VOTED OUR OWN PEOPLE OUT OF WORK . It's just laughable how you think the union brass

just sits around all day and does nothing. Why don't you try and learn a little bit about what MY union does

on a daily basis. Since your so motivated to DO SOMETHING. How bout getting with your good buddy

RR and see if you can get on an organizing committee. or maybe you could start a collection for some

folks that are out on strike . Hey here's and idea GO TO A MEETING.

You see your babbling is just that . Who can take someone serious about unionism when said person has

never been to a union meeting and continues to parade around raising Dougies flag as the savior .

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE .. GO BACK TO THE WATERCOOLER and talk about how the world is coming to an end.

As far as our company goes doug will not be able to save us , nor the new direction team , our only hope is nationlazation , and seeing as we're the smallest airline of the big boys, by the time that comes about it will be too late for us ..

If i cannot convince those of you who are hard core union on the east coast that we need to step up then starting a commite would most likely fail , in fact if i cannot coninvce any of you about what i'm talking about then it's unlike i'd be able to convince the local here ..

as to you point about me going back to the water cooler , i'm not trying to educate you about the economy here , merely explain to you how it's going to affect unions ... and it WILL affect unions ... BTW not to toot my own horn but here are some numbers , see if you recognize them -6.3% , 8.3% .... so on and so forth ..

i said it before and i'll say it again , this crisis will affect our union and all unions , and while i'm sure XYZ union might have made some impovments 700 , in GENERAL unions will not be advancing very far under these conditions ..things are bad , they are getting worse ...

during the depression labor worked with the goverment to come up with solutions to help get people back to work ... WPA ..

all i'm saying is we need to start to think about issues that will affect unions in this country on a larger scale .. i'll keep trying to explain it so that you might better be able to understand what i'm saying ...i'm a patient person .

freedom how is it you know that we have a nationalization are you also sayign we should nationalize all the banks in this country tooo? What do you suggest this country should do to all those executives yes the same ones who have destroyed the airlines, business, etc in regards to their outrageous pays? May I remind you that as employees of the airline we have had our pays reduced to the worst in the airlines, horrible contracts yet as we watch SWA improve their contracts to almost 26 an hr with better benefits etc Why is that they can offer a he!! of a better deal than what we got and lets face it we got shafted severely bad. There is absolutely no justification for having the worst contract and if you read on www.justplanenews.com USAIRWAYS is predicitng a profit for this year.

i had a nice long response written out and then my screen froze , so here we go with the points ... in reverse order ...

1 . Any exective at this company who thinks we're going to turn a profit , needs to be 1. drug tested and 2 . have their college degree reverfied ....

2. about your losses and the lousy pay . We have jobs , be happy we have jobs , i expect the unemployment rate to be annouced at 9% when the next jobs report comes out ...

3. Exective compensation : is it obsecne ? maybe , would i love to be making it ? YOU BETTER BELEIVE IT !!! man i'd be rolling with a vet and i'd have a private jet even if i was the CEO of an airline .... that's how you DO it baby! So , do i have a problem with people making lots and lots of money ? no , because i would do it too if i could .

As far as our company goes doug will not be able to save us , nor the new direction team , our only hope is nationlazation , and seeing as we're the smallest airline of the big boys, by the time that comes about it will be too late for us ..

i said it before and i'll say it again , this crisis will affect our union and all unions , and while i'm sure XYZ union might have made some impovments 700 , in GENERAL unions ..things are bad , they are getting worse ...

during the depression labor worked with the goverment to come up with solutions to help get people back to work ... WPA ..
Everything you say supports the reason to have a union

i don't think i've ever advocated that we NOT have a union ....

i just wish that somehow we could postion ourselves for nationalzation ... you know , go back to the 70's .. that's when you really had job security (or so i hear )

If the goverment keeps GM and that other smaller car company in the game (when they have both pretty much been laid waste too ) , then our union should get ready to get loud about keeping OUR company in the game .... and if WE can't stay in the game we should make it clear that we expect that the goverment either helps all of the airlines or NONE of them ... we are TOO big and imporant to FAIL and the goverment needs to know this , and if they don't play ball with us we should throw a fit ....

Union_vs_Management.jpg

Attention all union leadership ...

This is my recommendation to you concering the pension ..

This is what i feel you ought to do ....

you need to take the pension fund and leave all but two years worth of funds in it .... take the rest of it and send checks to the people who are now drawing funds out of it .. cut them a check for as much as is doable and give our pensioners CASH money ...

if you do not do this , we may see our invesment wither away to nothing or be eaten by inflation later on ...

also think about some formula where if a person has been putting money into the fund for 20,30 or 40 years you also send them some money as well even if they are not now currently drawing out of it ...

if you do not distrube the monies from the IAM pension fund sooner rather than later all of our pensioners may someday soon regret this ...

If the econmic crisis is not as bad as i think it is , we can replensih the fund with higher dues 2 years from now .... if things are going to get as bad as i think they will then it won't matter .

give out the money to the people who earned it and let them spend it as they see fit rather than see these monies go to waste .. what i am propsing is radical and scary ... but these are the times .

Freedom

:ph34r: :ph34r: I read the above post and just shake my head in amazement :down:

I guess he doesnt realize what he suggest is against the law!

And how does he expect it to pay future retirees if there is no money in it to increase the size of the fund by investing in it?

And I guess he doesnt realize it is a multi-employer plan and not just limited too US Airways.

And you dont put your own money in it, the company pays into it, not your own wages.

Dues money does not go into the fund, it is paid for by your employer.

Wow, you really really really need to educate yourself before you post, cause you just made yourself look very ignorant.

Just when you think you read it all, all I can do is shake my head in disbelief!

I am in utter disbelief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts