IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank the Union here in clt for being pro active about insuring the company is providing water for us
it was very refreshing to get a cup of ice cold water half way thru my upload. the water guy even brought it to me
in the bin. I know alot get on hear and complain about the union so I just want to give the leadership an Atta boy
for thinking of the membership and holding the company to its obligation to help us stay hydrated the relative humidity
was close to 98 today . thanks guys and a special thanks to the water boy for being out there in this heat

Good for you in clt. i know in my station, we have had heat/temps in the mid to upper 90s all week long and for the past several weeks yet the clueless shift manager refuses to allow us to have bottle water. we already have at least 4 or so folks out on the injury reserv list, and one of those unfortunately wont be able to work. then to make matters worse they keep on slicing our ot from 8 hr to 4 hrs "allegedly due to camille crying to the sta mgr that our ot hrs are thru the roof." just wondering how much more have to be hurt in ways such as lack of water or any other way due to their inept and stupidity.

Robbed Charlotte is getting by on overtime. Yet they continue to work us short.(See the thread some one started on it) I would just love to have a way to know how many oji's we really have & they are going to climb the way they are doing us & the company doesn't care.

But the other day they did have a cushman going around with water :blink:

its incredible how they operate. Im glad you folks in clt get water. we have water coolers, yet they refuse to put bottle waters in them. also the one person who was injured was so injured by anthr airline employee who hit him breakingboth of the employee legs to the point that he most likely wont be able to return anymore. that fella just wrapped up 60 light duty days and was in soo much pain i felt for him. its ashame. as for the other ojis in our sta alone we got at least 3 or 4 others out or on light duty. Id like to know what the stats are system wide.

The death of the utility class was to many people on light duty. This came from someone in upper management.

Wrong, they could get the job done cheaper by outsourcing. I was on the NC for M&R during the second bankruptcy.

FYI: we ve told at least in my station thru the union channels that DP has told FSA that they will be taken care of regarding the upcoming contract negogiations. I definetly dont buy it especially coming from the sand castle and the mouth of a filthy rich ceo. as for the up coming talks I for one would like to see a lot of the things we lost come back plus profit sharing a revised sick policy, more vacation, etc. Heard that at CO they have 5 weeks vac plus they can buy a 6th week what do you think of that?

FYI: we ve told at least in my station thru the union channels that DP has told FSA that they will be taken care of regarding the upcoming contract negogiations.

I can spin this many ways. Yes, FS will be take care of, easy or hard negotiations will see to it. If at the end of negotiations we have a contract that's 'better' then what we have now, haven't we been taken care of? And 'taken care of' is a subjective term to begin with. It's just a feel good statement that has no relevance to the real world, kind of like a politicians election promise.

FYI: we ve told at least in my station thru the union channels that DP has told FSA that they will be taken care of regarding the upcoming contract negogiations. I definetly dont buy it especially coming from the sand castle and the mouth of a filthy rich ceo. as for the up coming talks I for one would like to see a lot of the things we lost come back plus profit sharing a revised sick policy, more vacation, etc. Heard that at CO they have 5 weeks vac plus they can buy a 6th week what do you think of that?

I guess it depends on the context... in "The Sopranos" someone being "taken care of" means a trip to Satriale's Meat Market. It could also mean in the context of a favor owed to a crony, then expect something exceptionally good. Which one do you think best suits Fleet Service?

So Muscles Jester.

It's called fighting for the members, knowledge and experience.

Guess you dont understand Chapter 11 and Section 1113, the laws are against the workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back