IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much disagree not with your platform (although I do have issues with some stuff) but more with how you've been handling yourself on this forum since announcing your candidacy. I don't think you're using it appropriately by using it as your main campaign vehicle and cringe most every time over the past few month I see a post from you. Rarely do you make a post that doesn't say (paraphrasing) "I'm Tim Nelson and this is why you should vote for me." or "This is why Rich Delaney is the wrong man for the job." or a combination of the two. It's not MY call I know, but that's the way I feel.

Since you asked however...

I think your gesture of returning pay is a noble but empty one. I don't expect most DL leaders to follow though on it if elected, and I don't see any way to guarantee that you will either. Please note that I am NOT saying you're lying, just that things change.

Wholeheartedly agree with 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9.

I think Item 6 (and with it for the same reasons Item 11) will be an epic failure when the company says "Nope."
Fair enough necigrad,

Although we have been over #6, I wish to point out again, that the company can't say nope about an observer #11. That's union matters and the company will have no business in who we decide to bring to negotiations. Likewise, I will have no control over who the company brings in negotiations.

AMFA has used employee observers at United, Northwest, Southwest, Alaska, Horizon. I like alot of the transparency of some of those smaller airline unions and there is no reason why our better resource union should be any less transparent and pompous. Again, none of the Occupy141 platform is original and all of it has already had life applications applied to the strategies. Even the USAPA pilots have many of these transparency clauses where it can't sign side letters without consent. I wouldn't be surprised if they have brought in employee observers either but I dunno.

regards,

Please review how Air Wisconsin and the IAM 142 has caught the eye of United Airlines regarding ground handling. Air Wisconsin secured more pay cuts from the IAM through yet another 'cheap labor' contract. And now it seemingly has a hedge in the bidding process for ground handling for thousands of jobs that IAM 141 currently performs. You can review the contractural reductions that the IAM coughed up on the IAM 142 site. The problem with this is that now United Airlines has approached Air Wisconsin about 54 current station bids for ground handling. And an additional 200+ stations for ground handling later this year. Presently, IAM 141 handles all UA express operations at ORD and also handles all of the former CO express at most stations. Further, none of the regular ground handling work from the previous Teamster contract at Continental has scope that would prevent any contracting out. Only 6,000 of the 14,500 rampers at United IAM 141 are protected under scope. If the IAM 141 loses the PCE election then dozens of line stations will go non union and IAM 141 could lose 9,000 more union jobs.

THe one thing that the US AIRWAYS rampers will have to watch for is the horse trading if there is a merger between the TWU/ IAM 141 and IAM 142. TWU horse traded the America West rampers for $500,000. How will the continuance of being second best to United airlines affect any merger with US AIRWAYS rampers? The not so good tihng is that thousands of IAM 141 jobs will also be up for bid, and IAM 142 members will be positioned to take over thousands of jobs in IAM 141 if United airlines management outsources unprotected work.

Please review the intercepted document from Air Wisconsin management to the IAM employees.

Click Here

regards,

Then Mechanic & Related had both 401K match and Defined-benefit plan the company had to give the Mechanic & Related the 401k plan because the IAM won a arbitration but latter gave up the 401k match arbitration during negotiations
Wrong, we always had a 401k, the LOA stated if they matched any other organized group at US we would get the match. We took it to arbitration and won.

We gave up the match in the post-merger CBA to get the IAMNPP.

Wrong, we always had a 401k, the LOA stated if they matched any other organized group at US we would get the match. We took it to arbitration and won.

We gave up the match in the post-merger CBA to get the IAMNPP.
Then Mechanic & Related had both 401K match and Defined-benefit plan the company had to give the Mechanic & Related the 401k plan because the IAM won a arbitration but latter gave up the 401k match arbitration during negotiations

What part was wrong? the Mechanic & Related had a 401K match and Defined-benefit plan or that IAM won a 401k match arbitration and negotiate it away

Please review how Air Wisconsin and the IAM 142 has caught the eye of United Airlines regarding ground handling. Air Wisconsin secured more pay cuts from the IAM through yet another 'cheap labor' contract. And now it seemingly has a hedge in the bidding process for ground handling for thousands of jobs that IAM 141 currently performs. You can review the contractural reductions that the IAM coughed up on the IAM 142 site. The problem with this is that now United Airlines has approached Air Wisconsin about 54 current station bids for ground handling. And an additional 200+ stations for ground handling later this year. Presently, IAM 141 handles all UA express operations at ORD and also handles all of the former CO express at most stations. Further, none of the regular ground handling work from the previous Teamster contract at Continental has scope that would prevent any contracting out. Only 6,000 of the 14,500 rampers at United IAM 141 are protected under scope. If the IAM 141 loses the PCE election then dozens of line stations will go non union and IAM 141 could lose 9,000 more union jobs.

THe one thing that the US AIRWAYS rampers will have to watch for is the horse trading if there is a merger between the TWU/ IAM 141 and IAM 142. TWU horse traded the America West rampers for $500,000. How will the continuance of being second best to United airlines affect any merger with US AIRWAYS rampers? The not so good tihng is that thousands of IAM 141 jobs will also be up for bid, and IAM 142 members will be positioned to take over thousands of jobs in IAM 141 if United airlines management outsources unprotected work.

Please review the intercepted document from Air Wisconsin management to the IAM employees.

Click Here

regards,
Sounds like UA is whipsawing the IAM. Some of these express stations were mainline employees before being outsourced to IAM Air Wisconsin. This is a slippery slope and I foresee this tactic being use at US with passenger service

Reactions: 1 person
We had a 401k with no match, the company matched another organized group, our LOA on the 401k stated if they matched another group so we arbitrated and we won the match.

And you know during the second bankruptcy our pension was terminated.

During the post merger transition agreement we gave up the 401k match to get into the IAMNPP and it is ALL company paid.

Sounds like UA is whipsawing the IAM. Some of these express stations were mainline employees before being outsourced to IAM Air Wisconsin. This is a slippery slope and I foresee this tactic being use at US with passenger service

I feel the same way. What is Delaney going to do about this? Aren't they supposed to be back at the table soon? 200 stations up for bid. What's going to be left after the hubs and the larger stations? And Lopez is talking about farming out all Cargo (we still have cargo on the CO side). Will Delaney give up our cargo just to get some crumbs. They should have got the UA people something before going into combined negotiations. The FA's & MX got something. That was a tactical error on the IAM's part. Plus we don't have any scope with the old IBT contract, but do get a increase in June.
Or they going to wait till after the PCE election for some substantiated movement on a contract? PCE has to win this election, from what I see. If they use the same old standard IAM campaigning tactics, they will lose. The company is pulling out all the stops to win this election, going far as putting signs on the employee parking lot buses. Wall & Hand are determined to keep upstairs from becoming union. At least the cross-trained people that could not vote in the ramp election will be allowed to vote in the PCE election.

IMHO, I feel a lot of the CO people are kind of apathetic because the politics of the IAM. I think the IAM need new ideas and new blood. And I feel nobody won't be gettting a "industry leading" contract, (that won't help you guys out either) now that WN was barking about their upcoming labor costs and AA's BK. I feel these events will set everybody back. Am I crazy, but I feel the IAM is slipping.......what do you think?

I feel the same way. What is Delaney going to do about this? Aren't they supposed to be back at the table soon? 200 stations up for bid. What's going to be left after the hubs and the larger stations? And Lopez is talking about farming out all Cargo (we still have cargo on the CO side). Will Delaney give up our cargo just to get some crumbs. They should have got the UA people something before going into combined negotiations. The FA's & MX got something. That was a tactical error on the IAM's part. Plus we don't have any scope with the old IBT contract, but do get a increase in June.
Or they going to wait till after the PCE election for some substantiated movement on a contract? PCE has to win this election, from what I see. If they use the same old standard IAM campaigning tactics, they will lose. The company is pulling out all the stops to win this election, going far as putting signs on the employee parking lot buses. Wall & Hand are determined to keep upstairs from becoming union. At least the cross-trained people that could not vote in the ramp election will be allowed to vote in the PCE election.

IMHO, I feel a lot of the CO people are kind of apathetic because the politics of the IAM. I think the IAM need new ideas and new blood. And I feel nobody won't be gettting a "industry leading" contract, (that won't help you guys out either) now that WN was barking about their upcoming labor costs and AA's BK. I feel these events will set everybody back. Am I crazy, but I feel the IAM is slipping.......what do you think?

We are ALL going to find out in March and lets HOPE the UAL/CO PCE vote for the IAM . The results in my opinion will effect US at LCC. United WE stand divided WE fall.

IAM vs IAM...142 vs 141...You know the International has to be the puppet master.
The international will indeed be the puppet master when deciding what groups are in DL 141 or DL 142. To the member this may not be a significant issue. To the candidates for office of DL 141, who are running for office to promote the interests and concerns of those members currently in District 141, this issue is huge.

nah, that's where I disagree with you T5towbar,

We change the leadership and we do what all good labor unions do....negotiate upwards using the profits as our leverage. Instead of the IAM's normal negotiating downwards towards and against express wages. Look fellas, express wages and express workers have always been around. UA is making BILLIONS net, not even millions. The union has tons of leverage when a company is making such money. But the union needs to have a sense of urgency since profits can become losses in this industry in a matter of one or two years. Then leverage will be lost.

At any rate, T5towbar, I don't believe Kyle will be doing you guys any favors. It seems as if he supports whatever Delaney says.
regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.