IAM M&R Interim Agreement Reached

• Banned
The airbus work is all ready covered under the CBA, the A320 work should be coming back in-house, no need to negotiate anything new as it is all ready covered.

The airbus work is all ready covered under the CBA, the A320 work should be coming back in-house, no need to negotiate anything new as it is all ready covered.

well if its all ready covered why isn't it back? they reps down there have been told nothing and its running like nothing is changing.

Didn't all the other unions have the same or similar Successorship language? If so then what is going on with them and company?

I have to admit I have a sneaky suspicion that the reason the hearing/decision by the arbitrator was pushed back was to negotiate away the possible snapback.

• Banned
The hearing was not pushed back, the company has to bring the work back in-house and have to ramp up for the additional planes.

The hearing was not pushed back, the company has to bring the work back in-house and have to ramp up for the additional planes.

The NC would not negotiate away the snapback.

There are GLRs, GCs and regular rank and file members on the NC, please explain to me in great detail how and what they would sell and how they would benefit by dropping the snapback grievance.

Wasn't it originally supposed to be held in late 2006. I remember the exact day I was told it was moved into 2007.

Also in regards to you saying the NC would not negotiate away the snapback can you go into great detail what changed you mind about that?

• Banned
I spoke to one of the GCs the other day and he informed me they have no intention of letting go of the snapback.

Prove it.

He said he believe's it true. It is just his opinion. That doesn't mean its true. There is nothing to prove and obviously it would be virtually impossible to prove without internal document leaks.

I believe it is true but have no proof (the part about everything on table).

He could just as easy ask you to prove you talked to the GC's. It would be nice if you were not so defensive and combative all the time and just have an open discussion. You have very useful information but I think a lot of people are turned off by your delivery methods thus they attack back. Then again maybe I am all wrong about it.

He said he believe's it true. It is just his opinion. That doesn't mean its true. There is nothing to prove and obviously it would be virtually impossible to prove without internal document leaks.

I believe it is true but have no proof.

Exactly...Listen, I have been a union memeber now for 25 years and I have seen many issues and items which were considered "untouchable". Some way...Some how, those were pulled from the table and something else replaced it.

It's not my first day at the rodeo cowboy. I know how these things work.

SL

• Banned
The GC is a friend of mine and remember I use to be part of the negotiating committee when I was still at US.

Prove it.

you prove it, if you are not working at US and your " friend is giving you information on our contract then he should be investigated, we do not need any loose lips when it comes to " our" contract. you keep posting as if you are still part of us and most of the time it is just an iam " special bulletin" that don't me a cr** to us. we want some real leadership and a union that will listen to us. can you say decert?????

• Banned
There are no secrets being revealed, I worked with the members of tne NC as I was a member. People still ask advice and I still have a pension and family and friends that work for US, did not see any laws or IAM regulations that says I cant talk about it or talk to people involved.

Go ahead and decertify and see what you will get from Al Hemenway and Doug Parker.

You will get a big pink slip.

But you always try to make it about me and not the issue.

Envy?

Back