IAM Talking Tough at USAirway

Overspeed said:

The TWU scope clause is based on percentage of dollars. While new aircraft will drove down the immediate need for existing capacity, it will return at some level and based on the percentage, overhaul jobs will be added back. Not so at AS/AMFA, the base is gone for good and there is no language to bring it back.
Sounds like you are being threatened by the AMFA again. Your coming out shooting with the same ole crap again. We heard it before from you over and and over again. Time to move on. The ole ways of the TWU and IAM are exactly that, OLD! And the Airbus aircraft will not see overhaul. Maybe a ECO or two or a mod of some sort but that will not keep the current numbers at Tulsa. What will Tulsa look like in five years? The TWU keeps lying to the members in Tulsa and blame the line guys for the division of the two. In the end who loses out? We all do. Why not put your efforts in the profession instead of the loser TWU.

Reactions: 4 people
The AMFA drive must be still going strong.  Here comes OS once again after some time away.  As far as his comparisons from the past, AMFA had the courage to stand up and fight, period.  Unlike the TWU who always agrees with members being laid-off, rifs, and concessions WITHOUT a fight.  If anything, what AMFA did at NWA was exactly what a real union is suppose to do, stand and fight for the majority of the memberships wishes, NOT what the international goons want... end of story.  Keep posting OS you are a great tool for the TWU.

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I crave a change in representation, the whole Teamsters deal left a bad taste in all our mouths.
All I heard from my local AMFA reps was that the IBT was in cahoots with the TWU and this was all a grand plan to thwart the AMFA vote. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.
Instead of walking the halls preaching about the IBT/TWU scheme, they should have filed the moment they had enough cards.
What angers me about AMFA is that they CLAIMED they had enough cards and still allowed the IBT to file before they did.

Before the AMFA guys here start posting the AMFA drive chronology of events....I feel they dropped the ball..

I still crave the change though.

MetalMover said:
As much as I crave a change in representation, the whole Teamsters deal left a bad taste in all our mouths.
All I heard from my local AMFA reps was that the IBT was in cahoots with the TWU and this was all a grand plan to thwart the AMFA vote. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.
Instead of walking the halls preaching about the IBT/TWU scheme, they should have filed the moment they had enough cards.
What angers me about AMFA is that they CLAIMED they had enough cards and still allowed the IBT to file before they did.

Before the AMFA guys here start posting the AMFA drive chronology of events....I feel they dropped the ball..

x2 airplane mover

Were the bad cards from a IBT rep from the IBT or was it a AA IBT supporter working as a IBTrep to get cards and ment well, No matter how wrong! Or was it a conspiring union member used to upset the vote posing as a IBT supporter??? just a Conspiracy Theory..... 

TRAVIS said:
Were the bad cards from a IBT rep from the IBT or was it a AA IBT supporter working as a IBTrep to get cards and ment well, No matter how wrong! Or was it a conspiring union member used to upset the vote posing as a IBT supporter??? just a Conspiracy Theory..... 

Does it matter. They got caught forging cards....

Typical teamsters yet again.  Flying low said it best.  What does it matter, the fact is they forged cards so they could rush the drive thru to the NMB knowing they were going to pull out do to the forgery charges.  Same ol'teamsters, they will never change, just look at the problems over at UAL with them,  people over there are starting to question their efforts.

The whole what happened with the ibt is over. It is obvious these industrial unions are in bed with the airlines. There is no way AA had a full eligibility list in print in D.C. the same day. IMPOSSIBLE! The ibt worked along side AA on this one.

What the AA guys now need to focus on; are they happy with what is going on now, and the road forward? If not, they need to sign those AMFA cards and have a say in the directions their future will go.

It's that simple. No conspiracy, nothing else matters at this point.

MetalMover said:

AMFA had the 50 plus 1 but were going for a cushion knowing the company was going to inflate  the numbers.  The only mistake that was made was letting out the target date they were going to file.  This gave the enemies of labor time to do an end around.    

You notice the only good news about the ibt is bad news? Why do you think the airline management want unions like this? Soon as the ibt walked in the door at UAL, statements like, "we don't want to make the company angry" or "we want to get along with the company so we can get a pension (ibt pension)" littered their time here at UAL. Now the ibt just plain ignored the membership. We have lost total control. Being a teamster is like riding in the back of the bus with the window shades down and the ibt driving us down a bumpy road and waiting for them to drive us off that cliff. Zero transparency and no decision making power. It's all in their hands. It really, really sucks. GT

You guys will never change. After all the Chit the twu/iam/ibt has given this industry you still hang on.
ibt filed short of cards, twu invited them to be spoilers with the AMFA drive and some of you still support them both.
Simply incredible.
Now the twu and iam have joined forces to to further divide and still no outrage.
Glad I am out of this industry as 'my-ex' brothers and sisters are cowards.
B) xUT

Latest posts