Iam With A “bigâ€￾ Attitude.

I am a FSA Lead in DFW. At one time I was a Ramp Supervisor in CLT. I could go through a detailed explaination of my situation; but let me cut to the chase. On a certain winters day in CLT one of the supervisors in one of the zones called in sick. There were three supervisors working in other areas who were considered "expendable" or "extra" who were asked to cover this supervisors position for the day. We all refused for various reasons. According to "Local" CLT S.O.P. the first supervisor asked was the one who should have taken over the position. The last two of us should have never been asked. But we all three were; and refused. Because I was the lowest in seniority I was asked again. Again because of "Local" CLT S.O.P. I refused. For my refusal I was given three days off without pay, and my supervisors stripes were removed from me; even though my file was thick with accolades as one of the most valued supervisors in CLT. (Yes, I was even considered a company man at that time.) The shift manager in the zone that was down a supervisor that day had demanded my stripes; even though every one else took my back. He avoided me until the day I left CLT. He got his way because he was one of the big bosses yes men. Even the other shift managers and the duty manager didn't care for him. The union wasn't able to help me. Noone was able to help me keep my stripes. Even though I was following "Local" station S.O.P. at the time. I was lucky to keep my job. My point is that the company does what it wants to do, how it wants to do it , when it wants to do it, according to its own rules; which it makes up as it goes along. It's not what you know, it's who you "blow;" and how well you do it! What's very sad to say is unfortunately there are fellow workers out there who have done this company, and there fellow employees, wrong and have been protected by the union from losing their job because of loopholes in the way the company has gone after them. Yet there are employees like me who have followed the "book" to the best of their ability and have been screwed by the companies daily interpretation of said book to suit their needs. We're losing the good guys. The moral of those who used to give a sh#t just isn't there anymore; or it's slipping out the door.

Merry Christmas to you all. Have a safe and happy Holiday Season for you and your families!
The Lazarusman DFW

If you were a lead under the IAM contract, your lead time could not be removed because of that situation.

700UW said:
If you were a lead under the IAM contract, your lead time could not be removed because of that situation.
[post="229768"][/post]​

You can tell me what was supposed to happen. I'm telling you what did happen.
You're right. I didn't have any lead time "removed." The next time I obtained a lead position I was given all my old seniority back. But for that day, and that period of time, I lost my stripes. This is one of those loopholes that both the company, and sometimes the union, seem to find to suit their needs. In my case, it sure didn't suit mine; when all I was trying to do is follow the rules. The situation that day should never have included me. It was not CLT S.O.P. The fact that I ended up being the one disciplined is just one of the points I'm trying to make. This company does what it wants to do, when it wants to do it, how it wants to do it; and it doesn't matter what any piece of paper called a contract between us and them says on how we're supposed to do it, they will always find a loophole to allow them to do it the way they want to do it anyway.

TheLazarusman said:
The moral of those who used to give a sh#t just isn't there anymore; or it's slipping out the door.

Merry Christmas to you all. Have a safe and happy Holiday Season for you and your families!
The Lazarusman DFW
[post="229742"][/post]​

There is a fellow poster on these boards who had a lead throttle him, literally throttle him, you know, choked him out of anger over something stupid. This lead did have at the time some serious health issues and mood swings from medicine he took, that is fact, but I don't know if he was taking the medicine at the time he choked this guy or not. He was fired and then promptly reinstated. Why? He was one the ones on the INSIDE, the company bosses liked him. FACT. Another women I know and in fact we started on the very same day was wrongly fired because she went home and supposedly didn't tell her supervisor, but she did indeed tell her supervisor. She was a target of the company for a long time and they used it to make her firing stick, she is still out and will never come back. She pleaded with the union, IAM and it was hopeless. Pont here. She was fired and it stuck and that lead was fired for a way more serious offence and but reinstated promptly. This is wrong, dead wrong and why some people think I change my opinions when in reality I see both sides. The IAM nor the Company are saints each doing back door deals when it suites their personal agenda. I could name names because this is FACT but the moderators are waiting in the wings to throw me off again as Deano when they already did as Cavalier for OUTING.

Curt

Go look in the mirror, you are the IAM, so I guess your pathetic then.

It is not four general chairmen, it is all of the membership that makes the IAM.

700UW said:
it is all of the membership that makes the IAM.
[post="229877"][/post]​

Yes it does and because we as imperfect humans are fallible and are the IAM, then the IAM is fallible as well as management. The big difference is management has big money on their side and a "paid" legal system to see that their agenda gets pushed through effectively shoving crap down the working mans throat in the name of "legal“. Yep legal maybe, right, h-e-l-l no! To be a member of this management team one must have their conscience seared to sleep at night, and if they don't then they are aliens. We have a few aliens writing on these boards, every once in a while their antenna sticks out exposing them.

Add this string to the list of topics that add nothing to credible discussion.

It would only have value if the originator got booted for the third time (I think the third time, but who can tell with schizophrenics).

Dog Wonder said:
Add this string to the list of topics that add nothing to credible discussion.

It would only have value if the originator got booted for the third time (I think the third time, but who can tell with schizophrenics).
[post="229926"][/post]​
Become a mod man and boot me if that gets you off....Curt