IFE removal and cabin safety

As a FF'er it's often difficult to focus on the safety briefing as many of us have it just about memorized.

However speaking strictly for myself I have taken to actually picking up the card and pretending that the F/A has my undivided attention. WHY? Because after US1549 I think people need to pay attention as their life may depend upon it.

I do like to tweak the F/A's a little when I'm in the exit row when they ask if I'm capable. Of course I respond "YES" but I sometime add "Wake me up if you need me" just to test the reaction. The East F/A's generally chuckle. The West F/A's usually frown. Only on has ever replied. She was from the East and chuckled and said "OH I I need you I think you'll be awake"

I think the videos are better
I just worked a PHL flight, and oh my gosh, like, the Chairman preferred at 11A, just rolled his eyes and frowned the whole time when I did the verbatim briefing!! Like, How dare him! I am just doing my job, darnit! He must be an "Old bitter US Air ff"! I am just an young Westie trying to have some fun, and make everyone laugh with my California, like do you get it attitude?? He just didn't care for it. I guess my old America West Orange County ff's will just have to wait to hear about it! Like, really?? How dare him ruin my great day and Stepford ways. Lik hello? I am young, and attractive, and just love my job!! I can't wait to get back to my beach house in the hills!! My happiness means nothing to those grumpy East people. Shame. I need a 50 minute workout, and a good red beer about now!! Like, Geez! :up:

I just worked a PHL flight, and oh my gosh, like, the Chairman preferred at 11A, just rolled his eyes and frowned the whole time when I did the verbatim briefing!! Like, How dare him! I am just doing my job, darnit! He must be an "Old bitter US Air ff"! I am just an young Westie trying to have some fun, and make everyone laugh with my California, like do you get it attitude?? He just didn't care for it. I guess my old America West Orange County ff's will just have to wait to hear about it! Like, really?? How dare him ruin my great day and Stepford ways. Lik hello? I am young, and attractive, and just love my job!! I can't wait to get back to my beach house in the hills!! My happiness means nothing to those grumpy East people. Shame. I need a 50 minute workout, and a good red beer about now!! Like, Geez! :up:

PWA's. (Preferred's With Attitude.) Sorry that you had to be recipient of such rude behavior from someone who should know better. :down:

I almost always sit in the exit row when I am not in F, and it boggles my mind how many exit row passengers do not pay attention to the safety briefings. I'm pretty observant, and take notice of how many of these pax board with Zones 1 & 2, meaning that they are not non-elite standby's who were shoved into the exit row 5 minutes before boarding began.

PWA's. (Preferred's With Attitude.) Sorry that you had to be recipient of such rude behavior from someone who should know better. :down:

I almost always sit in the exit row when I am not in F, and it boggles my mind how many exit row passengers do not pay attention to the safety briefings. I'm pretty observant, and take notice of how many of these pax board with Zones 1 & 2, meaning that they are not non-elite standby's who were shoved into the exit row 5 minutes before boarding began.
My post was all in fun, and a response to Pineys post. :lol:

Yeah? Well asked the parents of Flight Attendant Dea Bethea how they feel about the exit row briefing after their daughter died getting caught in the insanity of the cluster f of passenger not knowing how to open the window exit on USAir flight 1493 February 1, 1991. <_<

I still don't like doing it and for reasons already mentioned, most people don't give you the little respect of attention or they roll eyes. So I would get it done but ask someone else to do it. While the death of anyone in a accident is horrible, it can still happen with briefed people, since most don't listen... Still glad we are not required to do it at CO.

I am amazed at how many people remove their shoes and/or fall asleep before takeoff. Perhaps US can incorporate some verbage in their safety briefings to remind people to remain alert and fully clothed until reaching cruising altitude.

OK - with regards to the woman at the exit window on 1493 - she simply froze in horror. I was friends with the person sitting in the aisle who had to slap her a couple of times to try get her back out of shock. It didn't work and he and they guy behind them opened the window.

OK - with regards to the woman at the exit window on 1493 - she simply froze in horror. I was friends with the person sitting in the aisle who had to slap her a couple of times to try get her back out of shock. It didn't work and he and they guy behind them opened the window.
back when it happened the story going around was that two men got into scuffle over who would first out the exit

Yes - that happened after the window was opened. It's also in the final NTSB report. Estimated to be 10-15 seconds of wasted time most of the victims in the aisle could have escaped.