Inflight Focus Groups Update

Well thank god she reads this! Maybe she'll learn some things.

Hello Sherri!

I was at the CLT training center today and I heard that the cart was being looked at again too. This is a good thing.

The group seems to be having some impact and that is a good thing.

As for Sherri, when she is not in familiar territory she fails to take the time to know her audience and has inappropriate responses to questions.

The brilliance your friend is seeing is the result of her preparation for the meeting and knowing her audience.

How stupid are we?

This airline has been around for nearly 70 years. Why do we have to have meetings to figure out how to do a basic beverage service? This stuff was sorted out years ago and it worked.

I doubt Continental Airlines, Southwest, or Air France are sitting around trying to figure out how to pour a drink or how to find a trash bag that doesn't break.

Was America West an airline? It seems like we've been taken over by people who have never flown on an airplane before! I mean, this stuff is the basics. I can't believe this company sees figuring out how to give someone a Coke on an airplane or delivering a bag on time or having a functional website as a "Product Enhancement."

It's like the old Chris Rock routine about people saying "I pay ma bills! I take care of my babies!" Um, yeah, not something to brag about, that's what you're SUPPOSED to do.

EMB, I am almost scared of you for making so much sense. So very true! And by the way, I myself am not stupid you know I have that arterial flow problem :lol:

It's the truth. Seriously think about it. Like they are trying to find a cure for a horrible disease. Ice in a drawer, ice on top? THAT is the question. :lol:

Management is trying to train dogs with mange, bite marks, ticks and fleas into the fold with their new Envoy service. They act like they are ready to compete at the Westminster dog show. The cart with a table skirt is an impersonation of a Westminster Dog show judge ala Sherri Shamblin. Spin it boys!

The table skirt will not be on my cart. It will be over my head like a burka to hide my identity as I roll those janky things through Envoy.

great re-cap on what was said nmk. i hope people on here will look at this as a positive step foward. i was gonna post what was spoken at the meeting too but with the negativity on here i figured .. why bother. . i guess we were at the same meeting cause i was the one who asked bular about the a330's. take care see you in feb.

So can you elaborate on the 2 A330-200s etops? Did you get the sense that they would definitely be coming...not a matter of if but when....or did it still seem like it was just a possibility at this point? Did he say anything more than what was in this posted email?

And there you have it folks.....you'll be seeing our DIRTY carts in the aisles of Envoy. Even new carts will get beat up. It will be a traffic jam of carts with the mommas trying to figure it out. Oh well with the skirt around the cart it shall look pretty. Hopefully decorated for all the different holidays. Since "other" airlines serve meals chair side you'll swear it's the resurrection of CONCORDE herself when we put the US touch on it. :rolleyes: Sign up for you training now folks....step right up for the greatest show on earth. Just be lucky the beverage didn't make into Envoy. Not a joke it was considered folks.

The statement about "coaching lessons" gives me the creeps.
:down:
You gotta get that coachin' to learn to serve "American Western" darlin'. Did they mention the ringing of the dinner bell before service starts when the CSD yells "Coooooome N getit"?

So can you elaborate on the 2 A330-200s etops? Did you get the sense that they would definitely be coming...not a matter of if but when....or did it still seem like it was just a possibility at this point? Did he say anything more than what was in this posted email?
he basically said that there is a team in zurich looking at them. and that they might be used as spares. i did get the sense that they will be on the property but then again i didn't . bulars answer was a bit confusing. i think he did not want to talk to much into it until the leases were signed.

To be clear, we are not talking about the fold-out carts used for salad or dessert services. We are talking about the same meal carts you see in coach, with the flight attendants pulling trays out of them in the aisle, stripping the plastic and saran wrap off them in front of the customer. This is supposed to make the F/As more 'visible'- along with the food prep I guess. Yes, they apparently wanted to use a beverage cart in the aisle as well, but that was vetoed. So hopefully the meal carts will be too.

Sheer class! Coach service up front.

Otherwise the galley gossip is that the food is actually an upgrade from the current stuff, so let's hope they call someone who knows a little bit about presentation and save us all the embarassment of Tempe chic over the Atlantic.

the new envoy service was not talked about in the last focus group meeting. what's this about skirts around the cart? do i really want to know?

And THIS is why they should NOW retire the name ENVOY. It is NOT envoy. It's barely business class. To think that using a beverage cart in Envoy was even suggested from anyone in the group or marketing (WHOEVER) doesn't matter, is a prime example of the WRONG people doing the WRONG job. All I can say is WOW! ! !

To be clear, we are not talking about the fold-out carts used for salad or dessert services. We are talking about the same meal carts you see in coach, with the flight attendants pulling trays out of them in the aisle, stripping the plastic and saran wrap off them in front of the customer. This is supposed to make the F/As more 'visible'- along with the food prep I guess. Yes, they apparently wanted to use a beverage cart in the aisle as well, but that was vetoed. So hopefully the meal carts will be too.

Sheer class! Coach service up front.
i don't think i like that . what the f :blink:

Back