Joint Statement Of Labor Principles

cltflyguy said:
Boy i bet that sentence is going to raise some attention to a few furloughed F/As
[post="271163"][/post]​

Why? Exactly why should a US F/A on furlough be able to displace an AWA FA currently on the line?

PITBull may be pissed at me for this, but I don't see the logic--regardless of years of service, the junior active HP FA arguably has much better career expectations than those on furlough at US (I'm not counting voluntary furloughs who could hold a job if still working, obviously).

By that same token, I would not expect the junior FA on the HP list to be flying PHL-CDG or PHL-Barbados runs.

ClueByFour said:
Why? Exactly why should a US F/A on furlough be able to displace an AWA FA currently on the line?

PITBull may be pissed at me for this, but I don't see the logic--regardless of years of service, the junior active HP FA arguably has much better career expectations than those on furlough at US (I'm not counting voluntary furloughs who could hold a job if still working, obviously).

By that same token, I would not expect the junior FA on the HP list to be flying PHL-CDG or PHL-Barbados runs.
[post="271254"][/post]​

I doubt that. Just because someone is "active" doesn't mean they have much better career expectations. I have flown with several sorry ass "active" flight attendants. I find it funny that you weren't counting the "voluntary furloughs" and how they should have the right to displace AWA FAs and yet someone who was involuntary furloughed shouldn't. Why? because someone chose to be furloughed and take the leave and that makes them better than someone who had no choice and got the boot? Or is it because they were "active" to start with before deciding to take a leave? Well all the other flight attendants were "active" right before they got laid off!! I guess the returning "voluntary furloughed FAs that you feel would be ok to displace others would have better "career expecations" over an involuntary furloughed FA huh? Its senority and an involuntary FA should have every right to be able to hold on to that!!

Well that didn't take long!! Already a Ramp guy and a "fly guy" are advocating DOH and the displacement of the workers at the solvent airline. where's USA320F/O to complete the trifecta? :rolleyes:

Sorry, the folks with the JOB should KEEP the job. Boeingboy has it right. You keep your same lot in life, you don't get someone elses.

DOH or DOC (classification is the only fair way) and I do not believe a person from US on furlough should or will be able to bump a junior HP employee, that is not the norm.

The IAM always Dovetails.

Well to make things as "fair" as they say they want it to be there should be some formula for involuntary furloghs as well. It should be something like at MAA right now. When it your turn to come back for recall, they should slip you right where you go like in my case and many others. For some that may now sound right but that date of hire has a value to it. and with alomst 5 years from my date of hire, I should be over a few AWA F/A and should not go to the bottom.

PSA was Teamsters and when the PSA employees became part of US Air the seniority was done by dovetail.

And glad to see your union hatred is alive and well Bob.

From AWA website AWA

Mechanics (for US Airways includes stock clerks and maintenance training instructors)

AWA
union....................... IBT
# in group................ 852
Contract Status.........Currently in negotiations

USAirways................IAM
# in group................3848
Contract Status.........December 2009

AWA footnote....
Note: When two carriers merge and the same union represents both carriers’ employees (in this case, pilots and flight attendants), both carriers’ groups follow their respective union’s Merger Policy. When the two groups are represented by different unions (dispatchers, mechanics, fleet service, stock clerks, passenger service and reservations agents), the National Mediation Board (NMB) generally will order a representation election to determine which union will represent the combined group if each union represents at least 35% of the combined group. If one airline’s work force does not represent at least 35% of the combined group, the larger work force’s union would likely be certified to represent both airlines’ specific work group.

Are the numbers correct? (Seems to me USAirways numbers are off after all the layoffs etc unless utility members that are laided off are still considered part of group in eyes of NMB) If so IAM represents 81.9% IBT 18.1% Give or take stock clerks, training instructors. In other words IAM takes the cake?

Busdrvr said:
Well that didn't take long!! Already a Ramp guy and a "fly guy" are advocating DOH and the displacement of the workers at the solvent airline. where's USA320F/O to complete the trifecta? :rolleyes:
[post="271315"][/post]​

That would actually be funny if it were the first time the topic of DOH had been discussed on this forum. True it will be a while before it all plays out but US
has F/As that had put almost 5 years in the with the company before getting
laid off. I just hope when the time comes that will be taken into consideration.

cltflyguy said:
That would actually be funny if it were the first time the topic of DOH had been discussed on this forum. True it will be a while before it all plays out but US
has F/As that had put almost 5 years in the with the company before getting
laid off. I just hope when the time comes that will be taken into consideration.
[post="271366"][/post]​

It should matter for Pay and vaction accrural, nothing more.

Latest posts