Hp And Usair Ceo's Backhand Slap Apfa, Apa And Aa

The reason this thread was started is the statement that the CO's of HP and USAir bbbbbbbfound stapling to be offensive and unfair. As to statements about the purchase, in public statements AA has called it a merger and so did John Ward of all people. Funny, if this was so fair, why do all the other labor groups on this BB think it was a gross injustice and use APFA's treatment of the TWA F/As as exactly they do not want to have happen to them?

MCI transplant said:
<_< My! My! My! look what we've started!!!First aa, let me say, I don't enjoy seeing anyone layed off, either exTWA, or nAAtive employees! We've been over this ground so many times! Yes we were awarded 100% of our seniority at MCI, and STL! But what is happening here? SLT has been reduced to a mere line station with a hand full of employees! MCI, which at one point in time employeed 6,000, in a week will be down to 900! 500 are going out the door this time! Less than six months ago it was 300! How many next time aa? I'll spell it out for you aa!Put all your bad apples in one, maybe two baskets, and then get reed of the baskets!!!!Do we see an agenda at work here??? The work, and aircraft we brought to aa, are now being done in TUL to save NAAtive jobs at the expence of ourown! The Aircraft we brought to aa, are now flown and serviced by nAAtive employees, at the expence of ourown! This whole acustion was well planed out! It was not done as a spare of this moument thing! It was planed months in advance of TWA ever going into bankrupcy! And for the record aa, the Unions were in talks with others at the time to keep TWA going as an on going concern! And they were not another Airline, so Uncle Carl would not have been a factor!!!So you talked to "someone" here at what you call a Union, and he said "we" (exTWAers) wanted to staple the Ozark people but the IAM won't let us!!! It's all I can say about that is maybe the TWU should have taken a lesson from the IAM!!!! :shock:
[post="275322"][/post]​

Those TWA aircraft that you say are going to TUL to save nAAtive jobs obviously are not saving nAAtive jobs. I know for a fact that there are people on layoff from TUL. MCI may have employed 6,000 people 20 years ago but when AA tookover on 4/10/01 there were about 2,200 people there. As you say it will soon be down to 900. So AA can only be blamed for laying off 1300 people. In my opinion, there won't be anymore because AA has to keep a certain amount of people there to get the money from the city to repair that base. I am very surprised that AA made a deal with the city and kept that base open. They could have very easily have shut it down. They also could have made STL a line city. As it is now, it is still considered a hub, albeit a small one. As far as stapling the Ozark people, I did not talk to anyone at MCI, I just read an article by one of your local union officials who is ex-TWA in a periodical published from your local.

aafsc said:
Those TWA aircraft that you say are going to TUL to save nAAtive jobs obviously are not saving nAAtive jobs. I know for a fact that there are people on layoff from TUL. MCI may have employed 6,000 people 20 years ago but when AA tookover on 4/10/01 there were about 2,200 people there. As you say it will soon be down to 900. So AA can only be blamed for laying off 1300 people. In my opinion, there won't be anymore because AA has to keep a certain amount of people there to get the money from the city to repair that base. I am very surprised that AA made a deal with the city and kept that base open. They could have very easily have shut it down. They also could have made STL a line city. As it is now, it is still considered a hub, albeit a small one. As far as stapling the Ozark people, I did not talk to anyone at MCI, I just read an article by one of your local union officials who is ex-TWA in a periodical published from your local.
[post="275448"][/post]​
<_< Two lines of MD80s will keep quit a few people working! :shock: