June Displacements...any info?

Sounds like fact to me! :rolleyes:
let's hurry up and get on the same certificate and send some Westies up to PHL/LGA/DCA for a change. 10 yrs of this rollercoaster is enough. let some new blood play the game for a change.

Isn't the diplacements due to the PIT OCC move ?
What does this have to do with flight attendants? :blink:

let's hurry up and get on the same certificate and send some Westies up to PHL/LGA/DCA for a change. 10 yrs of this rollercoaster is enough. let some new blood play the game for a change.
They will love that. It will be a whole new world! Maybe they will finally understand seniority or lack there of and how it affects EVERYTHING.

Yah, sounds like a great plan! Instead of fixing the problem permanently, let's torture the West with random displacements. Brilliant! My guess is you are already in Inflight Upper Management? :up:

It will be a whole new world!

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

? From a Westie! Does US East Fa's get displaced from PHILLY? That's where I want to go... :shock:

Generally no displacements from PHL have occurred yet....but the worse part of the whole equation with PHL is that it's overstaffed 8 months out of the year except during seasonal flying months. They (Inflight Administration) always overestimate the amount of positions needed in PHL during the summer months and ALWAYS overstaff the base every year. While PHL is probably one of the best East bases for flying....be careful about transferring in voluntarily because you could be sitting around most of the year twiddling your fingers bored and broke out of your mind! And unless you live locally in the PHL area, you could be setting yourself up for a miserable existence spending day after day in a crash pad or nasty local motel. If you do transfer to PHL I would suggest that you move there too!

It's hard to say, but PHL is where they NEED people, so my guess would be no. I'm assuming that it will be PIT and CLT.

Well, that all depends on how many people are needed total and how many get booted out of PIT/CLT.

If they need a total of 80 positions system wide covered, they would take 80 out of PIT. (If it doesn't leave PIT short). Let's say 60 of those 80 pick PHL....They only need 40......the 20 most junior will be "bumped" out to a base that was not filled.

The whole thing sucks horribly.

The entire airline in general needs to figure out flight attendant staffing. Once a new combined contract is in place (without the bid sheet :)) and a new reserve system everyone will really be better off and things will stabilize. One thing they do need to figure out is how to staff the seasonal spike each year in PHL (why are these destinations seasonal anyway?). PIT they just need to establish a size or close... they need to stop jerking people around.

Sthrnboy, PHL is hands down the best base for flying. The trips are worth the most, and you'll by far fly better equiptment and better destinations (like all the transatlantic) than in the other bases. Its also the most diverse base, with commuters from all over the country and varying levels of seniority. Plus Philly itself is a great city to live in (youll hear different from commuters who only know the airport and surrounding area). Life is much better if you live in base.

The entire airline in general needs to figure out flight attendant staffing. Once a new combined contract is in place (without the bid sheet :)) and a new reserve system everyone will really be better off and things will stabilize. One thing they do need to figure out is how to staff the seasonal spike each year in PHL (why are these destinations seasonal anyway?). PIT they just need to establish a size or close... they need to stop jerking people around.

Sthrnboy, PHL is hands down the best base for flying. The trips are worth the most, and you'll by far fly better equiptment and better destinations (like all the transatlantic) than in the other bases. Its also the most diverse base, with commuters from all over the country and varying levels of seniority. Plus Philly itself is a great city to live in (youll hear different from commuters who only know the airport and surrounding area). Life is much better if you live in base.

Do you live in Philly... Someone told me that no Income state tax in the next state : Delaware? Also someone said cheep housing? :blink: Unsure in the hot desert. :lol:

or use the Preferential Bidding System that is in the contract, but never used. IMO, no changes should be made until you see how the orginal system would work. At this point, we are only using half of what was intended.

Becareful, according to the union Pref Bid would cause furloughs since it requires less flight attendants.

That is why neither the West nor the East want it in the new contract.

Back