June Displacements...any info?

Somedays Id nearly rather get furloughed and have them rightsize the staffing. Just keep my travel bennies and seniority number in tact and call me back with the next merger or whenever my number means something. I miss making money and eating like the rest of society!

We can't keep silly stuff for no reason... this model is so broken, they just need to start from scratch, even if it means point blank adopting another airlines contract. Tweaking the same one over and over does not work, it just ends up like our current situation where everyone suffers to benefit the top 20%. Plus, maybe it will take eliminating the cushion of slaves and letting these people suffer the bottom end of the contract so they can see the damage they've done.

Most carriers have pref bidding these days. Its too big an airline to have phonebook size pairing books to pore over each month looking at published trips. The airline needs to drag itself into the future and so do the flight attendants.

And don't listen to the union. US AFA is a joke, a racket of childish people looking out for thier own interests and representing an apathetic and ignorant work group. Sorry, but its the truth!

The airline needs to drag itself into the future and so do the flight attendants.
Unfortunately, with Shares migration as an example, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Tempe Gods to drag this company into the future....they can't even drag themselves into the present!

We are talking about Flight Attendant transfers for June 2007.
But for the RSV group it means you can't time out. If the max is set at 90 you can't call O/T until 85:01 instead of 80:01. Once again Reserves screwed.

Now that is a funny one. RSV calling out of time. Very few RSV's(and I mean , like 5) ever call out of time in CLT. Since this system went in, I have never broken 64 hours on company time. Ann Crawley's pen must be broken also. Maybe if they set the level at 65 hours, a CLT RSV could call out of time. One of my friends said he was flying almost everyday last month. He mentioned possibly getting his time in, until I reminded him that he was on a 6 hour 2-day. Glenda's pen must be broken also. We don't have a 3rd officer, so that pen might work, just no one is there to pick it up. That will change soon, hopefully.

I know it has been said before but this system is so severely broken it's pathetic. The reserves are suffering so horribly and there is NO end in sight. I know nothing is going to change since we are under a negotiated agreement.

Negotiated agreement. Didn't that include Pref. Bid.(no later than June 2004). Are we to believe our JNC once they bring us the next proposal? Honestly, how are we supposed to believe them on this stuff? We took their word last time and it didn't mean squat.

Somedays Id nearly rather get furloughed and have them rightsize the staffing. Just keep my travel bennies and seniority number in tact and call me back with the next merger or whenever my number means something. I miss making money and eating like the rest of society!

We can't keep silly stuff for no reason... this model is so broken, they just need to start from scratch, even if it means point blank adopting another airlines contract. Tweaking the same one over and over does not work, it just ends up like our current situation where everyone suffers to benefit the top 20%. Plus, maybe it will take eliminating the cushion of slaves and letting these people suffer the bottom end of the contract so they can see the damage they've done.

Most carriers have pref bidding these days. Its too big an airline to have phonebook size pairing books to pore over each month looking at published trips. The airline needs to drag itself into the future and so do the flight attendants.

And don't listen to the union. US AFA is a joke, a racket of childish people looking out for thier own interests and representing an apathetic and ignorant work group. Sorry, but its the truth!

Amen Sister, truer words have NEVER been spoken. However, don't plan on it happening anytime soon. And, if you think east AFA is useless....wow, west AFA is even weaker....

Back