June Displacements From CLT & PIT

jbragg476

Advanced
Feb 27, 2004
Just curious if anyone has any info on the amount of people who got displaced to what bases from CLT and PHL. Displacements are suppose to accure for the JUNE bid month.
The closing date for base preferences was Apr 5.
Just curious as to who went where (number wise)

I am shocked the AFA hasnt said anything yet..its been a few days now since the closing of the displacements and their date as to which base they want...maybe soon...ETOPS? Can you figure this one out?

Has anyone thought AFA might not have the list yet? Last I was told on Wed it might not be out until late Friday or even Monday. Also, things that used take 1-2 days before are taking 3-4. Now everyting is being shot from the East Coast over to the West Coast and back to the East. I have noticed it on not just this issue but several other things as well and inflight has even said it's a problem.

Primary Lines open on the 17th for June and I know alot of displaced f/a's have questions about bidding/sapping etc...
The East Coast AFA presidents have been made aware that the displaced f/a's need answers to questions about their new prospective bases.
For example, In Philly, where is the international crew room & code to enter?
How about employee parking for the new bases?
Supervisors office location?
Some flight attendants have never held a block so it's been asked that there be a crewroom sit to assist f/a's in bidding just like they did for the Primary block holders years ago when the system was first introduced.
I believe a displacement packet will be mailed out, however I am not sure what's in it.
Since letters of base choices had to be in by 12 noon on 5th I thought AFA would have had something out by Friday night.
Hopefully Monday.

After making some calls I wanted to pass along what I was told. The Crystal City In flight offices are gone....they just finished the move a few days ago to a temporary location at the airport. So, things are in a disarray with the transition. On top of that, there is one lady doing the leg work on this process and she is working through the weekend.On top of all that she is trying to get 1,693 letters stuffed, certified and mailed by late next week. I imagine she feels a little overwhelmed between the displacements and the recalls ongoing. Her boss has moved to Tempe and the communications are bouncing back and forth. I guess the transition between East to West has it's kinks. Other than going over to DCA to STOMP our shoe on the desk and yell "FASTER!! FASTER!!"....I'm not sure what we can do. :rolleyes: They really should get some help sorting all this out. :blink:

USAirways is a huge interprise. The issue of displacements is huge and educating the f/as on being blockholders, location,etc...makes the company operate more efficiently. Someone is dropping the ball in inflight, and the MEC President should be on the horn and the e-line saying such. He should be at least spending the time writing a few lines saying that the information should have been out and he will ensure it on MOnday...something...

Again, no follow-up; no follow-through.

USAirways is a huge interprise. The issue of displacements is huge and educating the f/as on being blockholders, location,etc...makes the company operate more efficiently. Someone is dropping the ball in inflight, and the MEC President should be on the horn and the e-line saying such. He should be at least spending the time writing a few lines saying that the information should have been out and he will ensure it on MOnday...something...

Again, no follow-up; no follow-through.
Isn't it reasonable to expect that some of these type of problems would occur. It seems to me that the MEC President is indicating so and that the membership sould be accepting also. The FA will be told in time.

I was also informed that the MEC Pres had a death in the family. See, everyone goes on the attack without knowing ALL the facts.

If our MEC President had a death in the family then our thoughts and prayers are with him & his family.

Having said that, don't we have a MEC VP who is able, willing and capable to pick up the ball in a situation like this?

Isn't it reasonable to expect that some of these type of problems would occur. It seems to me that the MEC President is indicating so and that the membership sould be accepting also. The FA will be told in time.

Obviously, your not being displaced. Its funny, those things that apply directly and effect those directly that post on here are quick to want answers, but those that don't give a hoot because they're not effected, just make excuses.

USAirboy... know all about the death last week...its called "delegating" which comes from the PRES. (if he were on top of things). That's why there are officers, vs. officer. Life goes on and these f/as who are being displaced need to address issues for the sake of their familes.

Amazingly, full of excuses.

PITBull....I tend to agree something should go out regaurding displacements. Question....in the absense of the MECP, doesn't the MECVP take over? Huuuum.....
But like I said...without the information ready, how would you like AFA to extract it? Tourture? It should have been ready Thursday afternoon PERIOD. It's inflight's fault for not providing the resources to make that happen.

PITBull....I tend to agree something should go out regaurding displacements. Question....in the absense of the MECP, doesn't the MECVP take over? Huuuum.....

Not without it being delegated from the MECP. The guy is not out of commission here. I have fa/s from PIT writing to me, and obviously, I have no answers.

PITBull-
I'm not going to engage you on this because you of all people know how the system works and the players involved. Recent former MECP's have not put out information when the membership wanted it. Either because she/he didn't have it or because is was not available. So lets just leave it at that and all have a nice night without finger pointing.

Our former MECP would have been on the phone Friday Am pronto getting as much information as possible.
If nothing else she would have gotten the final numbers as to who was going where and she would have been put out as an eline.
I wouldn't expect the company to be that forthcoming...it's not in their makeup, yet.....
hopefully it will be soon.
This does affect a large amount of f/a's so I am surprised the local levels haven't stepped up the the plate.
Say Philly, LGA or even DCA.

Latest posts