June - IAM Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IAD is a hub, has been a hub and has been staffed by UA;s own Fleet Service. Capish?

IAM LL 1759

Capital Air Lodge 1759 represents airline ground workers at Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Ogden Aviation & Ground Services, Piedmont Airlines, Signature Flight Support, Southwest Airlines, Swissport Fueling, United Airlines and US Airways at Norfolk (ORF), Richmond (RIC), Washington National (DCA) and Dulles International (IAD) Airports.

http://www.iam1759.org/about/about.htm

LAS - Assuncion...57
Delaney.......53
Nelson..........12

Cle - Delaney........+50 but no other numbers

Numbers are rather low for the Occupy Ticket....just wondering if they are in till the end?

Maybe some on there will get voted in.....IDK

looks like occulie is goin
2 b occubye
nielson scewed up big time
peolple are pisst

Is this who I think it is working the bin of an aircraft? It couldn't be. KA Bin.JPG

So here is the thing. KA, who is running for PDGC on the LfP ticket, apperently does not know the District By-Laws. She has a US person running for VP East, who according to the District By-Laws, is supposed to be on the negotiating committee, and help negotiate for UA. A US employee on the UA negotiating committee? How is she going to get around that? Violate the District By-Laws? Are the UA people going to be OK with a US person on "THEIR" negotiating committee? You have to ask yourself, if she did not know that, what else does she not know. Does not really inspire confidence in her ability to be PDGC if she "overlooked" that. What's next, having UA people negotiate for US? You just can't make this stuff up.

How is it different its still a UA person negotiating for US and vice a versa?

And I was a US person, yet I was appointed to CO's negotiations before.

Is it not true that the PDGC generally oversees the negotiations? Is it not also true that right now we have TR and all US people negotiating for us? My point was that KA looks like she wants a US person negotiating for UA, but didn't bother to mention that little tid bit of information. And on that note, it appears that the person running for VP East on the LfP ticket recently got turned down for a shift manager position, after he applied and was interviewed. Why would any true Union person want to voluntarily become a mamber management? Also, it appears that his BIO on the LfP website may be somewhat overinflated. It appears he was never "re-elected" to a shop steward position, but just recently elected, and has served his station for only 5 months now as a shop steward.

One other question 700, when you were negotiating for CO, was it their first contract, and were they new to the IAM?

Is it not true that the PDGC generally oversees the negotiations? Is it not also true that right now we have TR and all US people negotiating for us? My point was that KA looks like she wants a US person negotiating for UA, but didn't bother to mention that little tid bit of information. And on that note, it appears that the person running for VP East on the LfP ticket recently got turned down for a shift manager position, after he applied and was interviewed. Why would any true Union person want to voluntarily become a mamber management? Also, it appears that his BIO on the LfP website may be somewhat overinflated. It appears he was never "re-elected" to a shop steward position, but just recently elected, and has served his station for only 5 months now as a shop steward.

One other question 700, when you were negotiating for CO, was it their first contract, and were they new to the IAM?

For 700.....The question is............Was it in their best interests when you were negotiating a CO contract ? That is a very relevant question although you may have been capable of doing so. I certainly would wonder about that.

I heard the same thing about LFP vp-east candidate. Sounds to me he's only in it for the $$$$$$$! The membership deserves better!!!

VOTE 141/RISING

it appears that the person running for VP East on the LfP ticket recently got turned down for a shift manager position, after he applied and was interviewed. Why would any true Union person want to voluntarily become a mamber management? Also, it appears that his BIO on the LfP website may be somewhat overinflated. It appears he was never "re-elected" to a shop steward position, but just recently elected, and has served his station for only 5 months now as a shop steward.

In this situation with the elections and all, The Door swings one way...........OUT. Meaning from MGMT to Union.

I would be skeptical of a union officer who has his sights on being a MGR representing me. Just my opinion though.

Nope, it wasnt CO's first agreement, as you know I was a stock clerk and was assigned in 2005 to CO's FA negotiations in IAH.

One's airline or classification doesnt mean anything when it comes to their education, skill level or experience, I was used because of my training, my experience, my communication skills (I was the DL Communicator for 142) and my ability to keep the committee focused and my skills at assembling contracts. I was initially trained by the man who organized and participated in every CBA at US, Chick Kavros, also others were Vic Mazzacco, Steve Cook and Joe Mantineo, besidse Leadership I, II, III and Train the Trainer, plus NC Labor School, and various training sessions and conventions and conferences. I have been a shop steward, Editor, Recording Secretary, District Lodge Communicator, and assisted in many thirds steps and a few arbitrations.

During out Chapter 11 part negotiations our PDGC was William O'Driscoll, former TWA/AA person, and our GLR was Joe Aldinofi, another TW/AA person.

PS. I am not toooting my own horn, just letting you know my skill and experience level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back