Midatlantic Mechanics

TPAA&P

Sep 11, 2005
Does anybody know, what is going to happen to the mechanics at MidAtlantic ?? I have read about the pilots but I can't find anything about the mechanics.... :down:

Can anybody give me some information or an update ???

Thanks in advance...

TPA A & P

TPAA&P said:
Does anybody know, what is going to happen to the mechanics at MidAtlantic ?? I have read about the pilots but I can't find anything about the mechanics.... :down:

Can anybody give me some information or an update ???

Thanks in advance...

TPA A & P
[post="298908"][/post]​

I know alot of them got hired with mainline in PHL.

1L1R2L2R said:
I know alot of them got hired with mainline in PHL.
[post="298910"][/post]​

But do you know if they would get laid off at MidAtlantic (current mechanics) ?? or what will happen to them with this Republic deal going on ??

TPA A & P

You need to contact your grievance committee and general chairman to see what will happen and what action the union is taking.

700UW said:
You need to contact your grievance committee and general chairman to see what will happen and what action the union is taking.
[post="298915"][/post]​

OH OK....THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY :blink:

Contacting your Grievance Committee and General Chairman will do you absolutely no good at this time. We had a meeting Thursday with the Prseident of the International and we were told meetings were still ongoing in Washington and NOTHING had been resolved yet.

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND HERE IS THAT IF NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WITH THE MECHANICS....WHY ARE THEY STILL HIRING ?? (CHECK US AIRWAYS WEBSITE UNDER CAREERS)

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME....

HIRING SHOULD BE FROZEN UNTIL SOMETHING IS DECIDED....

TPA A & P

:blink:

I know Republic and Air Wisconsin has tried to make them offers to get the to come over to Express, but none of them are taking it as they are paying crap. The majority of them will just end up going to mainline as most of them were mainline mechanics beforehand anyhow.

Jonnyd said:
I know Republic and Air Wisconsin has tried to make them offers to get the to come over to Express, but none of them are taking it as they are paying crap. The majority of them will just end up going to mainline as most of them were mainline mechanics beforehand anyhow.
[post="298987"][/post]​

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT....THANKS MAN VERY GOOD INFORMATION.....

MDA mechanic and related have a seperate contract then the Mainline Mechanic and Related, you need to read it and see what is says about a transfer and sale of assets.

If you want to go to mainline you have to apply and be hired, you cant just transfer into mainline.

And if they are a furloughed mainline mechanic they would have been recalled to their station if there was a job they could hold or change their recall station and get one of the openings that cannot be filled.

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND HERE IS THAT IF NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WITH THE MECHANICS....WHY ARE THEY STILL HIRING ?? (CHECK US AIRWAYS WEBSITE UNDER CAREERS)

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME....

HIRING SHOULD BE FROZEN UNTIL SOMETHING IS DECIDED....

TPA A & P

:blink:

Because mainline mechanics are not affected by the sale of MDA to Republic.

It has nothing to do with Mainline and its needs.

Go apply at mainline if you want a job there.

Latest posts