Negative Air

USFlyer

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
----------------
On 6/20/2003 2:21:46 PM harleyrider wrote:

I think management should just rename U to Negative Air, because that is all we employees and the flying public hear from this management team. From Austin right on down the line, nothing is working right, got to down size, reduce work force, going to liquidate, not making any money, no yield, Pittsburgh this, Philadelphia that, even when Austin is in the paper or recently on TV, nothing is going good around here. Maybe the reason that no one is flying on U is because of all the negatives from management. FLY NEGATIVE AIR, We''re not happy until your not happy !!

----------------​

I''m getting tired of saying this: Codeshare is going well, Star Alliance admission, LH marketing agreement, further enhancement with the GoCaribbean network, emergence from bankruptcy, large RJ order, ... I''ve heard lots of good news lately (and this is coming from a passenger)!

2.gif

Chip every network carrier?

Northwest has done nothing, Delta just replaced DL Express with Song, and like it or not you can call WN a network carrier, with "focus" cities in BWI, LAS, PHX, DAL.

So not every airline has restructured.

Here we go again with the resign bullcrap.

I think management should just rename U to Negative Air, because that is all we employees and the flying public hear from this management team. From Austin right on down the line, nothing is working right, got to down size, reduce work force, going to liquidate, not making any money, no yield, Pittsburgh this, Philadelphia that, even when Austin is in the paper or recently on TV, nothing is going good around here. Maybe the reason that no one is flying on U is because of all the negatives from management. FLY NEGATIVE AIR, We''re not happy until your not happy !!

Your welcome Dark Wrench.

Chip will never understand.

When my son asks Daddy can I have this or can we do this, and I say no son daddy does not have the money.

It is all fine and dandy for someone making six figures plus to tighten the belt, get rid of a country club membership, sell one of the three houses or cars, use the boat less.

When someone who makes $40,000 a year has to take three paycuts like I did, when you get knocked back from a higher classification to a lower one.

For example, I took a $700+ a month reduction where do I cut that from my budget?

The bank owns my house and car, it makes me sick when the haves start telling us have nots to eat cake. Some of us are barely trying to survive, and the haves dont care.

They will never understand.

----------------
On 6/20/2003 2:49:09 PM USFlyer wrote:

----------------
On 6/20/2003 2:21:46 PM harleyrider wrote:

----------------​

I''m getting tired of saying this: Codeshare is going well, Star Alliance admission, LH marketing agreement, further enhancement with the GoCaribbean network, emergence from bankruptcy, large RJ order, ... I''ve heard lots of good news lately (and this is coming from a passenger)!

----------------​

USflyer,

Alrighty then...SHOW US THE MONEY!

Harley:

Every network carrier is restructuring to meet the demands of the marketplace. Is it Siegel's fault American's employees now earn less than US Airways' employees? Is it Siegel's fault that labor expense, as a percentage of revenue. is less at the low cost carriers than the network carriers?

USFlyer is right, from a business perspective there has been alot of good things happen at US Airways that in the end are good for the employees.

Why? Unless the company makes money, there is no company -- thus no jobs. Furthermore, if anybody doen't like here, whether it's me, you, or anybody else, we all have the option to resign.

Best regards,

Chip

Those items may be good for you, but have done nothing for the workforce. Morale is in the toilet just waiting for that final flush, the BIG RJ order just means an even bigger paycut for thousands more of us. The codeshare equals more lost jobs on the West Coast and other big UA stations. Need I say more? And nothing has changed for the employees since we got out of CH-11. All of the beating of the workforce was done in CH-11, and the scars will remain with us for years to come...so in a nutshell NEGATIVE AIR is perfect.

Well, you see, Chip is still a Captain.

He still earns a respectable salary. He has not been burdened with a downgrade or a furlough. He has not had to uproot his family and move them across the country -- he merely had to tighten his belt a little bit and perhaps do a little extra retirement planning.

In the grand scheme of things the restructuring had little effect upon him.

Why should we expect him to understand the massive emotional impact that the bankruptcy''s resulting paycuts, status-changes, and furloughs have had upon the employees and furloughees?

When all is said and done, Chip is still an Airbus Captain and even he realizes that is a darn fine thing to be.

I don''t believe he''ll be resigning anytime soon.

----------------
On 6/20/2003 3:17:31 PM Chip Munn wrote:

Harley:

Every network carrier is restructuring to meet the demands of the marketplace. Is it Siegel's fault American's employees now earn less than US Airways' employees? Is it Siegel's fault that labor expense, as a percentage of revenue. is less at the low cost carriers than the network carriers?

USFlyer is right, from a business perspective there has been alot of good things happen at US Airways that in the end are good for the employees.

Why? Unless the company makes money, there is no company -- thus no jobs. Furthermore, if anybody doen't like here, whether it's me, you, or anybody else, we all have the option to resign.

Best regards,

Chip

----------------​

Chip,

Now that the management conceded to sign on ALPA pension legislative peice...

There you go again...Siegel this, Siegel that....he's great...not his fault, blah, blah, blah,....

AND WHEN THE PENSION LEGISLATION DOES NOT GO YOUR WAY....THEN WHAT? AFA USAirways will NOT sign on to such a piece of legislation. I doubt IAM will either, unless they want to be hung by their members feet first.

So, what will or can you say on those prosepects? Huh? Will this management still remain grand in your eyes, or will you threaten to LEAVE AGAIN? Or shut the airline DOWN? Rmember your words? Stop acting and sounding soooooooo self serving; it's so blantant!
7.gif

And if things are so darn good, then it''s time for Dave to stop with the 5% pay differal(in case of WAR). This scam has gone on long enough!

A320 Driver

GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

----------------
On 6/20/2003 3:54:29 PM A320 Driver wrote:

And if things are so darn good, then it''s time for Dave to stop with the 5% pay differal(in case of WAR). This scam has gone on long enough!

A320 Driver

GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

----------------​

Yea, GIVE BACK THE 5%!!!!

For all the naysayers who #### and complain on this forum, would you explain to me how US can restructure and be competitive within its constraints?

What would you do as CEO of US?

There is no question everybody has been hurt at this company, but simply complaining does nothing, except make the poster angry because their thought process is soooo negative.

The industry wide fundamentals and the company's restructuring are no fun and I empathize with all, however, maybe it's best to be proactive and find solutions to our problems instead of complaining.

In regard to my resignation comment, we all have that option and I have spent a significant amount of time exploring options. I have two flying options available, both are outside of this country, as well as a government option, but in the end my wife and I elected to accept the US Airways pay and benefit cuts because we want our kids to go continue their education in their present school.

Nonetheless, we all have options and my point is if people are so miserable at US Airways, wouldn't it be better to move on?

Best regards,

Chip

Chip,

I agree with your comments concerning the employees who are not happy with their jobs. I guess people like being miserable. I have many friends (ex-airline workers) who have found new lives, but many are still looking. A friend told me that a recent job fair for gate agents in MCO for Frontier Airlines, there were over 400+ people in attendance, and the majority were furloughed airline employees. I know for a fact that three 737 first officers were in attendance. Frontier hired 10 people and only one of those was a former airline employee. All of these people fighting for an $8.79 hour job.

These pilots would love to have a job making at least half of their previous salaries, as they tell me. The job market is very weak and especially within the aviation community. WN and B6 are only hiring the top candidates. Since everyone complains about not having a retirement with this company, then nothing should prevent a person from jumping ship. Mullin said that Song has 4 applications for every F/A opening. The pay might not be great with the concessions, but there are a few thousands furloughed US employees that would love to take your place.