New A-330's ordered

And there is hints, we will be doing International out of PHX very soon!! FRA and LHR. :up:
Define "very soon". The first 332's aren't coming until 2009 and the other widebodies in your fleet can't make the range.

140 hrs a month...oooo...you seem SO excited...oooo... Get Real, You are being treated like a pack mule and you're HAPPY? How bout a raise to a livable wage at 85hrs. Have a life and some down time to get away from the nightmare you are given everyday for those hrs. EAST appreciates your support for the east vacation time and raises but come on....you have no idea what a REAL airline life is/was like. You are probably a nice guy/gal but... EAST COAST IS THE REAL THING AND THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH 140 hr months, no senority and Filthy aircraft. We wish you the best..friend

Young people can work with less sleep, you remember those days don't you?.... ah, maybe you don't. :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (WCT @ Nov 26 2007, 09:37 AM)
And there is hints, we will be doing International out of PHX very soon!! FRA and LHR.

Define "very soon". The first 332's aren't coming until 2009 and the other widebodies in your fleet can't make the range.
Hypothetically, if we assume that the A340s will be arriving within the next 3 months, there should be a full year of use (and experience history) available for routes like PHX-Europe. They then could be replaced with the 2 Swiss 332s, which could arrive before April 2009. I really don't see the first 332s being used for anything other than PHL-TLV, but one can never tell when dealing with an emotion driven management team. I believe the only PHL use for the 343 which is necessary before March/April 2009 (the start of China) is an FAA mandated trans-Polar Proving run. I'm certain someone here can confirm that, or?

Did you write all of Nixon's speech's or just the "I'm not a crook" one?

Was there a strike at AWA that I didn't know about and some crossed the picket line? Wow, toothy, I'm glad you're here to keep me up to date on things.

Apparently you have little idea, about most anything.

There were two major scab actions involving AWA personnel. Your job? Investigate, report back or just return your head to where it usually resides.

Okay. Time out.

The reserves (pilot or flight attendant) at USAirways NEVER had it pretty good. Quite a while back it was better than it is now, but NEVER pretty good.
Hmm well maybe for pilots is was bad, but for FAs it was pretty damm good! All that passing,levelling, being able to clain trips flown junior while leveled, the hour options,calling OT around the 23rd,etc. MISS IT

Young people can work with less sleep, you remember those days don't you?.... ah, maybe you don't. :lol: :lol:
So from your statement I concur you think you are younger than me, have more stamina and enjoy working in filth, Good for you...you chose the right dirtbag outfit to work for. ENJOY!

So from your statement I concur you think you are younger than me, have more stamina and enjoy working in filth, Good for you...you chose the right dirtbag outfit to work for. ENJOY!

Well I thought we were talking about schedules but sounds like you have underlying tensions :shock: . Also your use of the word concur is in the wrong context.

My guess would be 300.

Is that number a wild guess or is there something more substantial to it.

I seem to recall a very early post merger crew news session in which a US east FA attended a PHX meeting. Her views were that there was very few wanting to storm the gates to live in PHX. The number of FAs commuting from PHX was around 35. Many of them are intl so very few of them would be willing to go back to domestic runs.

I am not an FA but if I had to pick any base to live in it would be CLT. The real estate in the south is a much better deal than PHX. They have four seasons, trees, and the crime rates are better than PHX or PHL,
a lot better for the kids.

There are probably some people who are ex PSA who are willing to go back west but they already went through hell moving east, I know of many. Their kids are grown and too much time has passed that moving back west is not a top priority.

P.S. please do not turn this into another PIT is better thread.
Its done, capiche.