New A&B Incentive Program

I'm a CP, and I can tell you right now that I don't have the time to carry cards with me to hand out to a happy face.

I myself will continue to send feedback to CA whever someone does the job especially well. But how do we pax make sure that someone gets recognition for the A&B program without our coupons?

best wishes

Barry

Barry, I will PM you my addy and rather than throw your A/Bs in the trash, you can mail them to me B)

Personal feedback that you send in makes it to an employees file, and there is a seperate recognition program (at West) that rewards certain #s of positive feedback letters received.
For the A/B program, an employee will need an A/B card.
Its really very simple, most FFs keep them in their briefcase. All you have to do is hand one to the employee.
How time consuming is that?

Thanks for recognizing good service.

And the A/C mechanic that works in the hangar is going to get a chance how? The thousands that never come in contact with the travelling public are going to win money, HOW?????????

It will be nearly impossible for a mechanic to be involved in an opportunity to provide above and beyond customer service to a FF who is carrying his A/B cards with him.
This program is for employees who have contact with FFs.
Its been a very popular program with the Elites over the past few years.
Mechs shouldn't feel too bad, tho, cuz FAs and agents could kiss ### 24/7, earn 100 A/Bs, and still not see anything for their efforts.

Anything lottery based is not too encouraging to me, personally.

With all due respect to those who think the new A & B program is bad if I was a frontline employee I'd be estatic at an opportunity to be awarded 10,000 bucks. If you break down the numbers, 10 people a quarter...that's 40 in a year will get 10,000 bucks. Those are much better odds then winning 10,000 bucks in a lottery... 100 people a quarter will receive 1,000 bucks...that's 400 1,000 dollar cash awards a year. 250 people will receive 250 bucks each quarter...that's 1000 250 dollar awards a year. The draw of these cards in theory should eliminate potential favortism. Leaving it to "chance" drawing eliminates the potential "favoritism" accusations that would, at some point raise it's ugly head, and negate performance increases. As Piney would say "better than a stick in the eye"

Couple the new A & B program with the company's vision of "profit sharing" and you have a company that is clearly emphasizing performance which in theory should improve customer satisfaction and the bottom line...which by the way would put more money in our pockets with the proposed profit sharing plan. Okay...I can see a unionist's point of view; "All or none", "stick together", "the company should give all employees raises instead of incentives". Currently there are at least 2 incentive programs with one still in the works. Proposed profit sharing for all employees (not based on individual performance), the A & B program (based on individual performance), and the Hatrick bonuses (not based on individual performance). It seems to me that this is a good balance of rewarding the entire group of employees, while at the same time, giving those who do go above and beyond an opportunity to "cash in".

Now for the mechanics or other support people like myself who won't have as much opportunity to participate in the A & B program. Way I look at it is I think it levels the playing field somewhat. They have just as big an impact on the success of our company as you or I and they have to deal with both happy and angry customers. They don't work in the "comfort zone" that we do. If you've ever worked directly with customers then you know what I'm referring to. Try telling a family who's planned a vacation 6 months in advance their flight has been overbooked and they'll have to leave tomorrow (heard that one on the townhall webcast). Not a very comfortable situation. Personally, I'm happy for the CSAs, FAs, and all the other frontline employees they have the opportunity to improve their situation.

I really don't understand why anyone would not like this program and look forward to a serious rebuttal. Please enlighten me. Not like I've never change my opinion.

The whole thing sounds like a good idea, but if you don't work with the passengers you have no chance of winning the extra money. From a f/a point of view it's kind of like duty free. Those f/a's working duty free on international flights are the only ones to have a chance of making any extra money. There are only a small amount of people who qualify for it. It would almost seem better to have a group effort award (such as the hat trick pay out) maybe per base. We could have base competition rather than individual.

Eric,

Your post makes me chuckle...

How about this novel idea...give them a frigg'in raise.

How bout novel idea of view of rewarding those who do more than just the minimum? Look we aren't gonna get significant raises anytime soon period. This writing is on the wall. There is nothing wrong with rewarding doing more than just your job. Don't get me wrong Pitbull, I'd like a raise just as much as anyone, but I'm also not going to look a gifted horse in the mouth even though this horse isn't being given to me with me in mind :blink:

For those not in CS the memo mentioned working on plans for other groups to be involoved, give it a chance. This is very similar to what CAL used to do (don't know if they still do) but they gave away a car each quarter via a lotto of all employees with perfect attendance in the quarter, same kind of idea.

It's easy to play devil's advocate for just about any program a company implements. I'm not a frontline employee and I can see how it can benefit everyone.

Even though some have more exposure to getting an "attaboy" everyone has a chance given it's a lottery selection. Again, the fact remains frontline employees have a more immediate impact on the customer's perception of the company and if this program improves their moral and customer service it will help our bottom line. Helping the bottom line improves our chances of being profitable. If were profitable and the profit sharing plan which the company is pushing is implemented then EVERYONE wins.

I like PITBull's idea on this one. I have always thought this A&B program was a bad idea. (THE WAY IT IS NOW...AND THE WAY IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE) There are too many people that either know or are even married to FF's that get ALL of their cards. Or like someone else mentioned, they outright ask for them during the flight. I don't care for working in F/C but I think I go "Above and Beyond" just as much as someone who works up there. They tend to be the only ones who get them. It just isn't a fair way of doing it. I don't know what is...but I do know that this isn't! They would almost have to create a department to verify that someone is not getting a bunch of letters from people they know or people who didn't even fly US. YOU ALL KNOW THAT PEOPLE WILL TRY THAT!!!!!

I have to concur on this. I know of a f/a on the east side, used to have the comment cards filled out (at least partially) with a SASE, and he would hand them out to the pax, so all they had to do was put it in the mail, and they'd show up in his mailbox. he would then forward them to supervisors etc.... Something along those lines, sounded kinda wierd but whatever...