New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

I hope they keep the employee phone line for listing, but I think it's gonna go!! :down: it was nice when your running for a flt thats delayed and able to list for it at the same time :shock: oh well...

Just give the system a try, I think you'll see minimal change once it is implemented.

The standby list will appear for the most part as always, just instead of listing by time of check in only, it will prioritise by year and then time of check in. Should look the same. If those senior people arent checked in by 30 min in advance, they go to the bottom. I'm one of those and I think that's great. Can't be there on time? Sorry.

I actually had an agent call me for my boarding pass in PHL last week about 10 minutes prior to departure. When I got to the podium, she asked if I preferred a window or an aisle. Treat them with respect, and you receive the same, whether in PHL or PHX.

As an agent, I always tried to take care of "my nonrevs". If I knew the flight was available, I'd clear non rev familys ASAP to get them seats together. The old golden rule always applies. :)

The standby list will appear for the most part as always, just instead of listing by time of check in only, it will prioritise by year and then time of check in. Should look the same. If those senior people arent checked in by 30 min in advance, they go to the bottom. I'm one of those and I think that's great. Can't be there on time? Sorry.
As an agent, I always tried to take care of "my nonrevs". If I knew the flight was available, I'd clear non rev familys ASAP to get them seats together. The old golden rule always applies. :)
Why would someone senior go to the bottom if they are not checked in 30 mins before? That's not how it works.... :blink:

No your boarding pass is your ETC. Electronic Ticket
ETC is the Employee travel center. You log on via the HUB.
Electronic ticket is refered to as ETKT for short.

Why would someone senior go to the bottom if they are not checked in 30 mins before? That's not how it works.... :blink:
That is supposed to be the way it WILL work, from what I hear. Hope so.

ETC is the Employee travel center. You log on via the HUB.
Electronic ticket is refered to as ETKT for short.
That is supposed to be the way it WILL work, from what I hear. Hope so.
Gotcha. Well, good luck doing that to the senior east people in PHX, or wherever you are referring to! I wouldn't suggest it, but you do what you gotta do... ;)

I think I finally get what you are getting at. Since the system is seniority based, are u worried that people run up and take your seat at the last minute? Let me quell your fears....

In my 11 years here, I have been bumped off flights I thought I was going to make. On flights that are tight (meaning securing a seat could go either way), I have *NEVER* had an agent take away my seat after it was assigned close to departure when someone senior runs up to board. It seems like it just does not happen. If the flight is mainly full and departs at 3pm, lets say they clear non revs around 245-250p, I have never had them come down and yank me.

Does that help at all?

True words...

And not only do they not bump you for other senior non-revs at the last minute, I have on occasion even seen revenue passengers show up at 30 seconds to door close and get the “I am sorry but you must show up at the gate 10 minutes prior to departure.... BUT MY WIFE AND I HAVE TWO FIRSTCLASS TICKETS... I understand that, but I am sorry, this flight was overbooked and since you were late, your seats were given to others. Please have a seat over there, and I will be with you shortly to rebook.â€￾ :shock:

Sounds like there is alot of room for error with bumping a senior person down or not bumping them, life was so much simpler with FCFS, but that dream is gone now.
How? The agent does not enter the seniority dates, they are put in their position on the list by the computer. This will stay the same and the reason it will be seniority by year only (instead of day/year as it is now) is because they "claim" they cant program Shares for the day and year together, only the year (technology going backwards, and they don't care? :eek: ). So, that said, if you are 1980 hire, and there are 1979 and 1986 hires on the list already, you will be slotted in between 1979 and 1986 automatically, not by the agent.

Ways around it? Maybe "accidentally" putting them on the list as an S4 instead of an S3, but you would be able to figure this out when they start clearing the standbys, and so on. Treat the agents with respect, but stay aware of the situation. ;) It will be very easy to catch a "mistake".

Again
What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent
It's real simple: the gate agent lists you & does the e-ticket. Since employees don't have to pay anything, it can be done at the gate. I did these entries myself from native shares . .and it took less than 2 minutes. I'm sure an experienced gate agent using Qik can do it a lot faster. It's really no big deal.

I did these entries myself from native shares . .and it took less than 2 minutes. I'm sure an experienced gate agent using Qik can do it a lot faster. It's really no big deal.
I think east agents would be a lot more comfortable with native shares since it is command codes. But the agents in the field will not have excess to native shares management prefers the restricted qik shares.Every computer will not be capable of ticketing

I'll try to help clear some of the confusion up.
In Sabre, when an employee lists, either ETC or in person at the airport, there is not a requirement for someone to actually "ticket" the person. It is just shown as an eticket on the boarding pass, but if you look in the reservation there is no "ticket number" showing.
In Shares, an employee must have an actual "ticket number" in their reservation in order to check in. They dont pay anything, but an agent (or the ETC) shows an actual eticket number in the record. This is not a major difference, but it is a difference. Before someone could just list at the gate and be done. Now an agent can list you at the gate, but they must do another step Ctrl O F1, to actually "ticket" you as well.
It does not produce an auditors coupon so all computer sets should be able to do this. (Online non payment required tickets only).

However, the old days of running up to a gate agent friend and getting them to do a Zed or ID90 for the flight of another carrier across the hall is over. Anything paid cash or tickets producing auditors coupons or needing "paper tickets" must be done at a "ticketing" machine. Since you need a "paper ticket" to present to the other carrier, the counter (special services included) is the only place these can be done unless they get Tempe to install ticket capable machines at the gates. So far we've had no luck in getting this done. This also means if we reroute a revenue customer to a carrier that does not have an eticket agreement with US (Airtran for one), they must return to the counter or SSC to get a paper ticket printed before going to the other carrier.

I'll try to help clear some of the confusion up.

However, the old days of running up to a gate agent friend and getting them to do a Zed or ID90 for the flight of another carrier across the hall is over. Anything paid cash or tickets producing auditors coupons or needing "paper tickets" must be done at a "ticketing" machine. Since you need a "paper ticket" to present to the other carrier, the counter (special services included) is the only place these can be done unless they get Tempe to install ticket capable machines at the gates. So far we've had no luck in getting this done. This also means if we reroute a revenue customer to a carrier that does not have an eticket agreement with US (Airtran for one), they must return to the counter or SSC to get a paper ticket printed before going to the other carrier.
Ahh, you have to love the 1970's technology. (A "ticketing machine?!?")

Has anyone seen the glassware on East that was promised October 1st? :lol:

Keep 'em comin', Tempe! :up:

Latest posts