Non Rev Policy?

osunut said:
Fair?? In your opinion. Like the previous post, AA does time of check in and they dont have problems. Like the previous post again, QIK will not the the "friend" check in someone earlier than 4 hours.

I think it will roll like this, after day one up until the computer system/certificate intergration:
US on US will be DOH.
HP on HP will be time of check-in.
US on HP will be time of check in.
HP on US will be DOH.

After things are intergrated it will be time of check-in. Just my thoughts from things I hear.

Pass Travel will be announced in less than 2 weeks, that I know.
[post="300764"][/post]​

With 26 years with the company, I dont normally have a problem with getting bumped on US. I do however feel that with the disparitiy in seniority of the 2 airlines, that going to the HP system IS more fair across the board. As for the commuters, as mentioned by a previous poster, it is a life choice that you have made. Don't whine about getting bumped.....you know the risk you are taking. I would like to see the company enforce the commuter policy....3 strikes your out.

heyray said:
you know the risk you are taking. I would like to see the company enforce the commuter policy....3 strikes your out.
[post="300983"][/post]​

Many US people have been displaced multiple times over the years. I've been displaced out of my domicile 4 times so far (2 that have closed), and am close to displacing out of my current one. You think I should have moved and uprooted my family every time I got displaced? With 26 years, you're obviously senior wherever you are based, and don't even have a clue what commuting is. Some senior, non commuter employee, (probably management) that never gets bumped non-reving, lecturing others about risk and on a 3 strike policy is a bad joke.

supercruiser

supercruiser said:
Many US people have been displaced multiple times over the years. I've been displaced out of my domicile 4 times so far (2 that have closed), and am close to displacing out of my current one. You think I should have moved and uprooted my family every time I got displaced? With 26 years, you're obviously senior wherever you are based, and don't even have a clue what commuting is. Some senior, non commuter employee, (probably management) that never gets bumped non-reving, lecturing others about risk and on a 3 strike policy is a bad joke.

supercruiser
[post="301137"][/post]​

Again, leave a back up flight. If you have a 0900 departure in PHL and live in GSO, get to PHL the night before. A lot could happen with the ONLY morning flight that would get you there for checkin....weather, mtc, etc.

a320av8r said:
That's what I'm saying- seniority is the only fair way. At least you can figure out where you stand, not some arbitrary "check in" time.
[post="300000"][/post]​

Huh?

If you shop at the grocery store you "know where you stand." You simply count from the front on the line. This is the same concept. Check in and go "gee, I'm 2nd in line."

Seniority is punative in this regard: you could be first in line until 31 minutes prior when 2 people with 1970 hire dates show up, and now you are third.

To suggest that seniority gives you a better idea of your standing is, quite frankly, bollocks.

Frankly I am more worried about being stranded in PHX trying to go east/west. I imagine most if not all trans cons will go through phx or las. Every time I've been through phx as a paying passenger there has been multiple broken acft on multiple gates. Non-reving will be quite perilous unless they get acft reliability in check not to mention sitting on the ramp for a half hour on average waiting for a gate to open so I miss my connection. That aside I'm looking fwd to being able to get to SMF or RNO instead of SFO! The End

hharotz said:
I am still a firm believer that any dependants/spouses not travelling with this employee should never be boarded before an active employee. I also believe that no retirees should ever bump and active employee, newhire or not.
[post="299995"][/post]​

I haven't been to this propaganda site in about 3 months. I retired in Feb after giving 38 1/2 yrs of continous service. I could not just let the last sentence of your post go without posting a reply.

If there had not been those ahead of me (and you) who were dedicated to the respective airline....there would be no airline for you to moan and groan about. The retirees deserve recognigition for their years of service (at least as long as the company exists). Just my 2 cents worth. Oh, and no need to reply to me, as I probably won't be back for another months or two. Coming here is like stirring a cow pie.....no good comes from it.

RedOne said:
I haven't been to this propaganda site in about 3 months. I retired in Feb after giving 38 1/2 yrs of continous service. I could not just let the last sentence of your post go without posting a reply.

If there had not been those ahead of me (and you) who were dedicated to the respective airline....there would be no airline for you to moan and groan about. The retirees deserve recognigition for their years of service (at least as long as the company exists). Just my 2 cents worth. Oh, and no need to reply to me, as I probably won't be back for another months or two. Coming here is like stirring a cow pie.....no good comes from it.
[post="302231"][/post]​

:lol:

The recognition you recieve for your service to the company is free travel for life or service charge SA travel for life depending on your time with the company. Is that not enough?

What makes you think that you should continue to use your years of seniority to bump active employees who are either travelling to.from work or using their limited vacation time to travel? :blink:

How would people feel if NRSA travel was split into two catagories:
Catagory 1("A" boarding priority)
-Employees commuting to/from scheduled work assignment
-Departure time boarding priority(ex: a pilot with a 9:30am checkin will be boarded before a flight attendant with a 6:00pm checkin, regardless of DOH)
-Must present copy of trip sheet to be listed on flight.
-Could not be bumped off by NRSA travelers on vacation

Catagory 2("B" boarding priority)
-All other non-revenue travel
-Boarding priority is DOH and time of check-in

gso2pit said:
How would people feel if NRSA travel was split into two catagories:
Catagory 1("A" boarding priority)
-Crewmembers commuting to/from scheduled work assignment
-Departure time boarding priority(ex: a pilot with a 9:30am checkin will be boarded before a flight attendant with a 6:00pm checkin, regardless of DOH)
-Must present copy of trip sheet to be listed on flight.
-Could not be bumped off by NRSA travelers on vacation

Catagory 2("B" boarding priority)
-All other non-revenue travel
-Boarding priority is DOH and time of check-in
[post="302466"][/post]​

Why should crew get priority because they commute?? (pri-madonnas) It is their choice to live elsewhere. That would be no different than a senior person walking up at the last minute. Screw you guys.There are alot of people that commute. Shouldn't they have the same advantage? Ive seen crew in uniform load their whole families to go on vacation by flying that leg. That fair right? Either move to your domicile or take your chances like everyone else!!! There are words for people like you but they are not appropriate for this site. The End

acmech said:
At TWA it was both seniority based and time of check in.
[post="299903"][/post]​

acmech,

We did use a seniority based checkin. we only used the checkin time when two employees had the same seniority or an OAL that did not use seniority. I really can't make up my mind on this issue. I can see it both ways. I once had to wait all day in SFO because I couldn't get out due of my seniorty. So that sucked. But it's nice when you get a little more senior to watch your self on top of the list.

The End said:
Why should crew get priority because they commute?? (pri-madonnas) It is their choice to live elsewhere. That would be no different than a senior person walking up at the last minute. Screw you guys.There are alot of people that commute. Shouldn't they have the same advantage? Ive seen crew in uniform load their whole families to go on vacation by flying that leg. That fair right? Either move to your domicile or take your chances like everyone else!!! There are words for people like you but they are not appropriate for this site. The End
[post="302497"][/post]​
Agreed 100%. Nobody forces commuters to live away from base. Plus, crew members have one advantage most employees don't: jumpseat ability.

rjh said:
Agreed 100%. Nobody forces commuters to live away from base. Plus, crew members have one advantage most employees don't: jumpseat ability.
[post="302582"][/post]​

So what do you do when you are displaced to three different bases in a matter of a year... the last being New York after your pay has been reduced by a huge percentile? Do you move three times in one year?

Light Years said:
So what do you do when you are displaced to three different bases in a matter of a year... the last being New York after your pay has been reduced by a huge percentile? Do you move three times in one year?
[post="302584"][/post]​
You do what you need to do. When I called Piedmont back in 1989, they never told me that I would have a "job for life", they never told me I would get a block in a few months, they didn't guarantee me anything. If people knew much abourt the airline industry, they would have realized that it was a volitle industry. It doesn't matter if your a pilot, F/A, ramper, or whatever, I don't think any of us figured we were "set for life". In the ens, it is a business, that we are a very much part of. If they close your base, you got some evaluating to do, if they switch you to a different A/C, you've got some thinkin to do. We all have choices, and most of us are grown-ups, so we suck it up, and do what we need to do. Hey, btw, I saw a ERJ-145 in the new colors rolling out of Philly ahead of us tonight. Didn't realize they were gonna paint those so soon also.

Those at AWA know that to get ON a flight is next to impossible! We are always full! For those that commute, jumpseat is the way to go and THAT is done by seniority. I have even been given the jump by someone senior to me when I have to get to PHX to work.