Non Rev Policy?

Light Years said:
So what do you do when you are displaced to three different bases in a matter of a year... the last being New York after your pay has been reduced by a huge percentile? Do you move three times in one year?
[post="302584"][/post]​
Personally, if I got displaced, I would consider moving, or looking for a new job. But I realize that's not the right choice (out of 3 alternatives) for everybody. Like any choice, each one has its own risk & benefits.

My point was referring back to an earlier suggestion that commuters should get a higher priority than other non-revs. I totally disagree with that. Non-revving is a benefit: some employees benefit by non-revving to save money on vacation; others benefit by taking a quick hop just for the fun of it; others benefit by being able to live away from their base city. Those that choose to commute should not get priority over others that choose to use their benefits for fun. If I am not in a hurry on my vacation, I would have absolutely no problem giving up a seat for a commuter trying to get to work. But if I have to be somewhere at a certain time, or have to get back to work after vacation myself, I would want my priority based on either check-in time or seniority (whatever the final decision is).

Short story....Was dead heading from CLT to PHL ending a trip. There were 5 of us and there were alot of delays. The flights were full. A non-rev f/a trying to get to work in the middle of the afternoon was pissed because she wanted the crew(or atleast one of us) to stay and wait till the next flight because she needed to go to work. She tried to say that it was not fair and we should go on another flight. Well, we all said "scr@w you" we are going home, you should have tried to leave earlier. She was not happy. She wanted our names so she could complain about us! The nerve of her ..we were on a trip and it was a scheduled Deadhead.
That is the stuff that is their own fault for not leaving earlier.

xoxo said:
Short story....Was dead heading from CLT to PHL ending a trip. There were 5 of us and there were alot of delays. The flights were full. A non-rev f/a trying to get to work in the middle of the afternoon was pissed because she wanted the crew(or atleast one of us) to stay and wait till the next flight because she needed to go to work. She tried to say that it was not fair and we should go on another flight. Well, we all said "scr@w you" we are going home, you should have tried to leave earlier. She was not happy. She wanted our names so she could complain about us! The nerve of her ..we were on a trip and it was a scheduled Deadhead.
That is the stuff that is their own fault for not leaving earlier.
[post="302619"][/post]​
Gee . .I wonder what her reaction would be if a commuter tried to bump HER from a deadhead! I wonder if she even tried to get the jumpseat? (Of course, I already know the answers to both questions)

rjh said:
Gee . .I wonder what her reaction would be if a commuter tried to bump HER from a deadhead! I wonder if she even tried to get the jumpseat? (Of course, I already know the answers to both questions)
[post="302626"][/post]​
she actually did not get the jumpseat because we were in CLT and her seniority was not good enough for the jumpseat. What comes around goes around.

xoxo said:
she actually did not get the jumpseat because we were in CLT and her seniority was not good enough for the jumpseat. What comes around goes around.
[post="302627"][/post]​
Closing date is the 27th, and PLANE DEAL says the new policy will be announced a few days before. Start watching for notices around the 25th.

PHX-F/A said:
Closing date is the 27th, and PLANE DEAL says the new policy will be announced a few days before. Start watching for notices around the 25th.
[post="302673"][/post]​

Taken directly from "Plane Deal"

Q: Do you have an update on the non-rev travel
benefits for the new company?
A: A dedicated team continues to work on the
pass policy and we hope to announce the plan
close to Day One. Knowing that the pass policy
is of the utmost importance to employees, the
team has worked with the goal of creating a
plan that’s fair to both groups of employees. The
plan will be announced as soon as possible.

Notice that in the answer is "team has worked with the goal of creating a
plan that’s fair to both groups of employees." Keywords are fair to both groups. Sounds like to me they are going to take alittle from each plan.

THIS is the type of commuter I was referring to when I said "leave a back up". They feel the DESERVE to bump other non revs, crew movement, AND revenue passengers. THESE are the ones that overall give commuters a bad name.

quote=rjh,Sep 18 2005, 11:30 PM]
[post="302626"][/post]​
[/quote]

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
Knowing my luck, now that I have almost 30 years seniority, they will change it to check in time. I can see it now, a new hire with 3 months seniority, will call their best friend who works the gates, the night before, and instruct them to check them in for the flight , as soon as they get to work at 4AM that morning. This insures them the seat, should there only be one left for non-reving. It sounds like using check in time could open up Pandora's box all over the entire system. But then, why start using fairness at this point in the game.
[post="299824"][/post]​

like you never thought of this :stupid:

Interm Travel policy, will be announced soon.
HP on HP and US on US no changes. The changes will be HP on US and US on HP until a final all inclusive one is released later.

UPNAWAY said:
Interm Travel policy, will be announced soon.
HP on HP and US on US no changes. The changes will be HP on US and US on HP until a final all inclusive one is released later.
[post="302984"][/post]​

I read the same thing UP, but couldn't remember where I saw it. Seems very reasonable. Just another sign that the new management isn't going to charge into a decision without careful consideration. Sucks to work for people that think they have to decide everything right away just to make it look like they are decisive. Thank goodness we have rationale people making rationale decisions.

Latest posts