Non Rev Policy?

Knowing my luck, now that I have almost 30 years seniority, they will change it to check in time. I can see it now, a new hire with 3 months seniority, will call their best friend who works the gates, the night before, and instruct them to check them in for the flight , as soon as they get to work at 4AM that morning. This insures them the seat, should there only be one left for non-reving. It sounds like using check in time could open up Pandora's box all over the entire system. But then, why start using fairness at this point in the game.

Well American also uses Time of Check-in for flights.

I'm not sure this will fare well for those of us USAir guys flying to Europe as I'm told that when you are cleared for your long-haul US flight, it then puts you on the standby list for the connecting flight. So basicly if I want to go to Europe, I'd have to leave even EARLIER to get to PHL than an HP guy flying from PHX to PHL as s/he will then get a higher priority than I would on the standby list.

What I think we should do is handle it like we do now: allow eachother to fly on our respective airlines free of charge, but handle the transfer like we do our non-owned Express partners....

So lets say Sally, an HP employee, wants to fly to PHL on USAir. She'll go get a paper ticket from HP then present it at our counter, and we'll list her as an S5 instead of S7 (normal interline category). We'll still clear on our own metal as S3's, and she'll enjoy a higher boarding priority than OAL employees and other free passes.

And I'd hope for the same on HP --- we get a paper ticket thru Sabre (zero fare), go to the gate and get listed as an SA4 or SA5 (I believe HP has the option of SA1/2/3 ??) where we are a notch or two higher than Interline travel.

I mean, we can fight about flight benefits all we want, but I don't think it should be integrated till we merge the op certs, which is a year or two away.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
Knowing my luck, now that I have almost 30 years seniority, they will change it to check in time. I can see it now, a new hire with 3 months seniority, will call their best friend who works the gates, the night before, and instruct them to check them in for the flight , as soon as they get to work at 4AM that morning. This insures them the seat, should there only be one left for non-reving. It sounds like using check in time could open up Pandora's box all over the entire system. But then, why start using fairness at this point in the game.
[post="299824"][/post]​

It has been stated here ad nauseum that the QIK system will only allow check-ins with 4 hours of a flight. Any modification to check-in time requires a manager sign-in. If you want to check-in early (within 4 hours), you only have to use the web check-in from home. And they accuse AWA employees of being scare mongers... <_<

It would sure pi$$ me off if I were trying to commute to work and got bumped off by a new hire going to CLT for lunch with a friend because he/she didn't have anything better to do at home and got to the airport 4 hours early. (Or had friend agent check said person in.)
Who actually decides who checked in first anyway, the friend?

Seniority.

a320av8r said:
It would sure pi$$ me off if I were trying to commute to work and got bumped off by a new hire going to CLT for lunch with a friend because he/she didn't have anything better to do at home and got to the airport 4 hours early. (Or had friend agent check said person in.)

Seniority.
[post="299904"][/post]​

Well, we sure wouldn't want you to be pi$$ed off. How would we be able to tell the difference?

Are you going to be able to question the non-revs about their own personal reasons for taking a trip?

I am an "early out" from INT res.....does anyone know how our boarding status will be handled?

Right now we are an S4, after active employees.

I still stand by my previous statement ---

- Don't touch the NRSA policies until we merge Operating Certs.

Let us keep flying how we've been flying... but now we can fly for free on the other airline, be it making a star in Sabre for every HP employee and lettin them fly as an S3 based on HP DOH and reciprocated for US & USX wholey owned employees...

a320av8r said:
Who actually decides who checked in first anyway, the friend?

Seniority.
[post="299904"][/post]​

And how do you think an employee with 1980 seniority feels when trying to commute to work only to be bumped by another employee with 1979 seniority who is going for lunch in CLT? The door swings both ways.

We've all been here long enough that becaue you were hired 6 months earlier than someone else back in the 70s.80s doesnt mean that your #### doesnt stink any more than tht persons. :rolleyes: We board by senioirity, period. No reason to get pissed off or thnk that you are getting a raw deal, thats just the way the system currently works.

I'm so tired of the constant whining an bitching about seniority within this company. Screams of "it's not fair" and "there's no respect for seniority" blah, blah blah. I just wish that instead of all this bickering and b*tching about seniority that we would all take this hostility and effort to fight instead for better wages and working conditions. Seniority numbers and boarding priorities cost the company nothing, yet the preoccupation about seniority keeps many employees from thinking about more important (And costly things) like wages.

While I think both systems do have their pluses and minuses, I think the US system of DOH makes more sense overall and is a fair reward to those who have put their time in with the company. I am still a firm believer that any dependants/spouses not travelling with this employee should never be boarded before an active employee. I also believe that no retirees should ever bump and active employee, newhire or not.

a320av8r said:
That's what I'm saying- seniority is the only fair way. At least you can figure out where you stand, not some arbitrary "check in" time.
[post="300000"][/post]​

Agreed.

What gets by blood boiling is when people keep using examples of newhires trotting up and bumping them out of seats they feel they deserve because they are the senior employee. It happens every day where people with senioirity in the late70s are bumped by those with seniority in the mid70s yet people never scream that its not fair that someone with 24 years seniority might bump someone with 24.2 years..

I'm just pissed of with the way the USAirways seniority Queens continue to #### about seniority when it comes to every little thing.

Thats being said, I prefer DOH because that way at least every employee knows where he/she stands rather than rolling the dice 4hrs prior.

Latest posts