NEW WORK RULES

We had a meeting a well but with a supervisor he too also talked of drastic changes but didn't get to as many specifics but he did say chairs are gone, breaks lunches with a whistle ect.

Is this for TULE? Cannot see breaks and lunches via a whistle working very well at a line station.

Pinochle game tonight at DFW hangar 3. Be there or be square and bring your own chair. For those who don’t know how to pronounce it just say pee-knuckle…

What do chairs and picnic tables have to do with AA restructuring? Seems unnecessary to replace existing furniture with picnic tables.

Josh

Chairs wound up everywhere except the breakroom. It's also much harder to drag a picnic table into a closet for a nap.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't say impossible...

I've seen a picnic table inside a LD-8... instant shade!

Put it on a pivot dolly, rotatable shade!

Hook it up to a tractor.... dining car!

Reactions: 3 people
Tonite we had a meeting consisting of new work rule changes beginning ASAP.
This meeting was held by our local union in our shop. We were told beginning on DOS we will no longer be allowed to bring cell phones to work period. No communication devices or electronic devices allowed in the gates. All chairs will be disposed of with the exception of the crew chiefs and supervisions chairs. At break time we will use picnic benches. DWMS will be used within 30 minutes of start time to clock in all labor. If you do not clock in labor at anytime it will be instant coach and counseling. Second time you will be terminated. All lockers will be disposed of regardless of personal or company use. They went as far as to say if you finish your job and the plane is on engine run-up. If you are not assigned to the run-up crew. You may be asked to be sent home until the following work day. This is just the highlights that came out of our meeting tonite. The union said this is system wide changes not just our shop. Needless to say the meeting was very heated.
Good! TULE get's what they voted for for. Enjoy your new work rules boys!

Reactions: 2 people
Chairs wound up everywhere except the breakroom. It's also much harder to drag a picnic table into a closet for a nap.

If they could just somehow remove the seats off the airplanes the flight crews wouldn't have to wake anyone up prior to boarding for an early morning departure......

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Well why has it just now come to their attention? If what was posted is true that's perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've heard from AA. Seriously, what do chairs have to do with AA's restructuring? Seems they are just trying to make things unpleasant for their employees.

Josh

They went as far as to say if you finish your job and the plane is on engine run-up. If you are not assigned to the run-up crew. You may be asked to be sent home until the following work day.
You are a full time worker. They are going to send you home with pay? Did the scope clause change that much that they can send you home before your shift is over without pay? Why would any union be telling any person this. That is a company function.

Reactions: 3 people
You are a full time worker. They are going to send you home with pay? Did the scope clause change that much that they can send you home before your shift is over without pay? Why would any union be telling any person this. That is a company function.

I was thinking the same thing.

Reactions: 1 person
I was thinking the same thing.

Work rules are also defined differently by each state.
I recommend checking the state laws where you 'work' and see if it matches.
State law 'can' trump a company's process.
Been, there, done that!
B) xUT